Does a Healthy Kevin Lee Beat Tony Ferguson?

Does a Healthy Kevin Lee Beat Tony Ferguson

• Total voters

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
As we all know at this point, Kevin Lee went into the Tony Ferguson fight on antibiotics due to some nasty Staph Infection he had on his chest. He looked good against Ferguson early on, planting him on the mat and mounting him where he managed to tee off with some quality ground and pound.

His cardio failed him mid fight and eventually Ferguson locked in the fight ending submission from his back. It became even more evident the effect the combination of Staph / antibiotics can have on a fighter. Kevin Lee just went 5 hard rounds, was heavily rocked in the 3rd and never showed any signs of slowing down, yet against Ferguson he was gassed hard after 2 rounds.

So my question is, if Kevin Lee goes into the fight with Ferguson 100% healthy, do you think he wins the fight?

Would have looked different, however Lee can't really call himself a LW until he sorts his cut out.

no, i think kevin will always have success early with his wrestling but tony would always survive and start putting it on him in rounds 2-5 when kevin gets tired and get a finish.

kevin will always have to work harder on the ground with someone like tony, eating elbows, fending off subs, crambles, tony would tire him and find a finish eventually.

That's a tough one. Seeing how fresh he looked the entire fight against Edson, I don't think cardio would be an issue for him. I say the only way to settle it at this point is to book the rematch. Problem is, we're not sure if we're gonna get a 100% healthy Ferguson anytime soon.

I think he can. instead of only have that first round with that nasty gnp he could have 2 or 3. and also he wouldn't do that bad in the feet. also he fought too emotionally, probably contributed even more to his lackluster cardio that day. still, ferguson is a tough fight for anyone

I think it's the type of fight that could go either way every time they fought.

Kevin was having a really good fight until he gassed because of the staph. I think he could’ve won a decision if healthy. And in a future matchup I think Kevin Lee beats him with ease. I don’t see Tony ever being the same.

he has the potential but that was Tony's night

it's not like Ferguson made a prayer and threw up a triangle, he was controlling Kevin completely and battering him with elbows

I believe so, yes.

Kevin Lee looked like the better fighter up until he gassed.

Outstruck him on the feet, took him down and mounted him, took his back and beat him up.

staph is no joke

He could, but it's hard to say whether Tony would adapt or not, especially considering that he has 5 rounds to do so. Unless Kevin just mauls him early.

That's a tough one. Seeing how fresh he looked the entire fight against Edson, I don't think cardio would be an issue for him. I say the only way to settle it at this point is to book the rematch. Problem is, we're not sure if we're gonna get a 100% healthy Ferguson anytime soon.
Going to be very interesting to see where Ferguson fits into the LW title picture post-injury. He hasn't even been out two months and it seems it's already passing him by with Poirier and Lee rising up like they are.

I think I'd favor Lee by a slim margin like 60-40, Tony always has a chance to catch a sub or TKO but for the majority of a fight between them the Asian will be in control.

Last edited:
I think Lee beats Ferguson maybe like, 3 out of 10 times. The other 7, Tony finds a way to win, the way Tony generally does.

Nope. Tony’s pace on the feet and from the bottom would be too much for him. Early success from Lee, but as the fight goes on, Tony takes over.

Kevin was having a really good fight until he gassed because of the staph. I think he could’ve won a decision if healthy. And in a future matchup I think Kevin Lee beats him with ease. I don’t see Tony ever being the same.

I don't think he gassed because of the staph.

I think he gassed because he couldn't get tony out of there.

Mustafaev.

giphy.gif

Back