Does a 6'2 boxer stand a chance in the heavyweight division of today?

Asking for a friend.

This and all the ''Was tyson too short for todays boxers'' comments and threads...
Do you feel like a manlet?
Do you feel like you are resorted to bangin because of your insufficient height?
We can help. manlet jog warm ups start 730AM

serious answer: Height has very little to do with skill imo. create a style that works around physical weaknesses and makes then advantages ala Tyson

This and all the ''Was tyson too short for todays boxers'' comments and threads...
Do you feel like a manlet?
Do you feel like you are resorted to bangin because of your insufficient height?
We can help. manlet jog warm ups start 730AM

serious answer: Height has very little to do with skill imo. create a style that works around physical weaknesses and makes then advantages ala Tyson

#manletbrotherhood
#shortsupremacy
#platinummidgets
#shortbangers

#manletbrotherhood
#shortsupremacy
#platinummidgets
#shortbangers

wow wow "#platinummidgets" watch your mouth bro i dont pay for shit...im of the jewish religion surprisingly but platinum i aint and i take pride in it hombre

Since there are none, doesn't that answer you question? We are midgets compared to Joshua and the rest of the gang. And since reach correlates with height, there is even an extra disadvantage.

Last edited:
Since there are none, doesn't that answer you question? We are midgets compared to Joshua and the rest of the gang. And since reach correlates with height, there is even an extra disadvantage.

Joshua is 6'6, 6'2 is ''only'' 4 inches difference. Tyson fought guys 6'4-6'7 easily he was only 5'11 thats like a 5-8 inch difference. Id agree with kicks height would make more of a problem but i dont think saying being short (tyson) or tall (struve) is in its own an advantage or disadvantage. depends how you go about using it

Tyson never stood in the ring with one of the top big guys in their prime and won. Something to consider.

I dont see him winning against Lewis ever or Bowe but Wladimir definitely would have gotten his clock cleaned.

But regarding thread 6.2" is enough to compete at HW and dominate If skillset is present and fits. Imo prime Frazier would win against Joshua.

Joshua is 6'6, 6'2 is ''only'' 4 inches difference. Tyson fought guys 6'4-6'7 easily he was only 5'11 thats like a 5-8 inch difference. Id agree with kicks height would make more of a problem but i dont think saying being short (tyson) or tall (struve) is in its own an advantage or disadvantage. depends how you go about using it

It's the same disadvantage in boxing.
Mike Tyson is not a fighter of today and he was even a statistical outlier back then.

a more skilled 6'2 boxer will beat a 6'6 guy. just saying height on its own means very little

A much lesser skilled 6'6 guy can definately beat a 6'2 guy as well. All he needs is a good jab and half the work is done. The skill margin is too low if both are equally matched, for the shorter guy to win by just being better. It needs to be a substantial difference.

A much lesser skilled 6'6 guy can definately beat a 6'2 guy as well. All he needs is a good jab and half the work is done. The skill margin is too low if both are equally matched, for the shorter guy to win by just being better. It needs to be a substantial difference.

There are many ways to get around a jab and a shorter fighter would be a keen to doing so. especially heavyweight in my opinion when youre that much shorter its like being southpaw because it gets odd to deal with. not to say you couldnt figure it out obviously. Im usually shorter but im also not a heavy weight. but to reply to TS i think a 6'2 guy could stand a chance in the HW division. depends how good he is though ultimately

Also a good jab isnt ''Height on its own''. a good jab is a skill in its own

wow wow "#platinummidgets" watch your mouth bro i dont pay for shit...im of the jewish religion surprisingly but platinum i aint and i take pride in it hombre
lol1.gif

roy jones jr fought at hw and koed guys with body shots lol

Back