Doctor: "McGregor suffered mild traumatic brain injury"

elcj

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Wow. Ouch!

Referee actually saved Conor's life!

Obviously. Mayweather could have literally killed Conor in the ring any time he wanted. That fight was total domination.

I've watched boxing my entire life. I have never seen a fighter unable to lift his arms to punch just because he was "gassed" in a fight. Conor was exhausted, but he was also being punched in the head repeatedly. That is not good for you, short or long term.

he will do fookin noothin except ending my career

It got stopped 1 minute into the round he had an extra 2 minutes of hits left.. no probably would have went down in the next 30 seconds.

So the ref saved him from extra damage and protected his imagine / marketability.

It's just one doctor analysis from watching the fight. Conor is fine. Move along now peeps.

concussions are not at all rare in boxing or MMA. And it wasn't the doctor that examined Conor. So he's just guessing.

Rubbish article, the doctor said because his legs was wobbly it signifies mild brain injury, doesn't even make sense. This wasn't after any test was done, the doctor is clearly just trying to make headlines.

People don't understand that you don't need to be knocked out to suffer a concussion, you can bet that the almost the totality of the boxers and mma fighters get brain damage in every fight.

It's a subtle and vicious "injury".

Nothing he hasn't experienced before in MMA.

Last edited:
This is just a doc that watched the fight. He didn't treat Conor so he's just speculating.

Breaking: Getting punched is not good for you.

Was he concussed or not?
We don't know. this wasn't the doctor that examined him. It's reasonably likely anytime someone gets hit in the head a bunch of times but the doctor is just speculating like any of us.

Back