DOCTOR DOOM (Rumor: Marvel Studios' Unexpected Plans for Doom)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
July 20, 2017

Noah Hawley Developing Movie About FANTASTIC FOUR Villain Doctor Doom for Fox

Cmx6iub.jpg

A portion of the Fantastic Four may live again on the big screen. Legion creator Noah Hawley teased at Thursday's San Diego Comic-Con panel for the show that he is developing a movie for Fox that fans may be interested in.

"Two words," he said. "Doctor Doom."

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter he is developing the film with an eye to direct. The character is the chief antagonist of Marvel's Fantastic Four, the superteam Fox has movie rights to.

The Fantastic Four has had a somewhat challenged big-screen history. Tim Story directed the 2005 film Fantastic Four and the 2007 sequel Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. While they were commercially successful, they were not quite embraced by fans. A 2015 reboot directed by Josh Trank was a critical and commercial bomb and led to Trank being fired from a Star Wars spinoff.

Fox has been looking to reboot and re-imagine the franchise after the lackluster performance of the 2015 film. Another Fantastic Four movie would just not do, so the studio is looking at various angles. There are rumors that Seth Grahame-Smith is working on a Fantastic Four spin-off featuring Franklin Richards, the son of Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Girl.

Julian McMahon played Doctor Doom in the first two films, while Toby Kebbell portrayed the character in the 2015 version.

The announcement came at the tail end of the first-ever Comic-Con panel for FX's X-Men drama Legion, which will return for its second season next year. Hawley also recently wrapped the third season of FX anthology Fargo, with the future of that franchise hinging on the prolific showrunner coming up with an idea for another cycle.

Noah Hawley Developing Movie About 'Fantastic Four' Villain Doctor Doom for Fox

Don't trust Fox but if Noah Hawley is in charge of the Doctor Doom movie, I'm very optimistic. Fargo and Legion are amazing.

Ohh just give up already fox.

Who's Doom gonna fight in this movie, his inner demons ?

I love Noah Hawley but no, Fox, leave it alone. Give up the F4, let Marvel take over and add them to part of Phase 4 and beyond.

Someone tell him no one wants this.

Just hand the rights over to Marvel so they can do it justice already

<{clintugh}>

I mean what, this is going to be Fox's third version of the character? Fans supposed to think third time's the charm?

Last edited:
Did Dr. Doom ever have his own comic? Or was he always just a FF villain in their comics? Could be interesting. Noah Hawley is legit.

as long as he is least a dark anti-hero and not straight up good guy.

There is literally nothing that fox can do that could make me see this movie.

I would need months and months of positive reviews and i still would be skeptic cause you know some nerds are loyal to the character and will say its good even when its not.

Dr. Doom can carry his own movie? Who's the bad guy then? Professor Chaos?

Back