Do your parents have any interests or hobbies?

My dad likes tennis and golf a lot. My mom goes to church and watches Korean soap operas. My mom's life is a lot less interesting I have to say.

My mom's life used to revolve around the church until they both fully retired (as opposed to my dad's 20 year military retirement) and went back to Korea. Now she plays table tennis at the senior center every day and has her calligraphy and traditional brush art exhibits at galleries.

My dad joined a seniors' band and goes around singing oldies tunes to even older folks at really old folks homes. Plays the guitar and wears a bow tie. Just turned 71 today. Should probably call the guy.

How the fuck does your dad not listen to music or watch tv? That's fucking weird. I've never met a single person who doesn't at least enjoy some type of music.

As for my parents.

My dad loves to work, dude is always doing something, he loves staying busy. He's a handyman and will try to do anything himself. He listens to music and watches tv, but recently he's in love with his tablet and watching shit on youtube and whatnot. He'll watch MMA and Boxing with the family when he's interested in the fighters.

My mom loves movies and tv shows, she used to knit, though not really anymore, she can draw decently well. Enjoys music and likes to dance. Loves watching MMA, she'll watch em all with me if time permits. Loves to cook and having a clean house.

My mom's life used to revolve around the church until they both fully retired (as opposed to my dad's 20 year military retirement) and went back to Korea. Now she plays table tennis at the senior center every day and has her calligraphy and traditional brush art exhibits at galleries.

My dad joined a seniors' band and goes around singing oldies tunes to even older folks at really old folks homes. Plays the guitar and wears a bow tie. Just turned 71 today. Should probably call the guy.

But aren't you a fake Korean? How could you have Korean parents?

My dad is retired now and just discovered TV series through DVR and On Demand. Prior to that, he used to just watch sports and flip through channels. I told him to get into Homeland, and he watched the first two seasons within one week lol. Besides that, he golfs.

To be honest, a lot of people even my age do not have hobbies. I couldn't live like that.

Neither of my parents have hobbies & they are very unhappy people.

I've always said, everyone needs hobbies. Or at least something they enjoy. I think people who don't have hobbies are way more likely to suffer from substance abuse and/or depression.

When my dad was alive he participated and went all in on whatever we were doing. He watched Pokémon with me and power rangers and learned all the characters so he could talk about it. He watched days of our lives with my sister so he could connect with her on it etc.

He never did anything in his own, he was either at work or with his family. His favorite activity was going to the beach tho

My mom just works and then takes care of my nephew. If she's by herself she goes to church or watches catholic shit on YouTube. She always asks to watch movies and tv shows with us, but that's more of an excuse to be around than actually watch it, for example, pretends she doesn't know how to work the "new complicated TV" but wants to watch the walking dead so she wants to come over and watch it with me

Both are passed away a long time but my dad loved music and had an amazing hifi system that he would listen to classical on mostly. He also was a chess player and would beat the best chess computers available at the time on the master level. Loved the Yankees and read a lot.

Mom lived for her kids and loved watching mysteries and always guessed the killer pretty fast. I remember watching Scream with her and she figured it out in like the first 30 mins.

My folks won't stop, nothing slows them down. mid 70's. My dad's pulse dropped to 14 a couple weeks ago and he had pacemaker surgery, 1 week later he's back on the ranch taking care of the cows. Doctors insisted he took 3 months off, he took 1 week. He does nothing but work and his passion for ranching is unmatched, just got back from a Cattleman's convention in Houston the week before his pacemaker surgery, where he was in charge of the entire thing.

I'm proud of the guy.

My mom won't retire, she's a dean at a major university here and loves being in charge of the budget for the CLAS, the largest college at said university with the largest budget on campus. Control of those purse strings makes her a bigshot around campus and around town, and she fucking loves her high horse status. I'm proud of her for earning it, she went back to get her PHD in her mid 50's and that's what helped her quickly escalate professionally.

I hope half their work ethic rubbed off on me, but neither ever had hobbies like I do. Maybe it's a generational thing, they are baby boomers who were born on the wrong side of the tracks and incredibly motivated to make something of themselves.

I live for my hobbies and my time off, my work is for my time off, to make it enjoyable and to be able to afford to do anything I want to do. But I sure don't love it, it's just a means to an end for me. I feel like my parents never really took a moment to enjoy the end after earning all those means, and never will.

My dad is a blacksmith by trade so his hobby is also his work.

My mom just likes to read and spend time with her grandchild (my son).

My mom likes to watch drama on tv lol. Dad liked to play golf when I was a kid but now sticks to his movie channels.

My mom was a music teacher, so she still plays trumpet and violin. Also paints.

My dad just likes to work, and build things. Not really a hobby per se, but he is always crafting some type of shit in his shop.
He isn't really smart enough to do anything else.

Dad either doing 1 of 2 things;

1. Sitting on the couch
2. Fishing

I was just thinking about how i don't think my dad has watched a movie in 30 years, or listened to a song, album, etc. No hobbies. He just goes works and goes to sleep. Repeat for decades. Doesn't go out. (mid 70's)

My mom is normal and likes stuff. Tv, media, art, clothes shopping, goes to lunch with friends, etc. (70)

my dad is a bit like that. and i'll be honest that i'm starting to become a bit like that as well. it has actually caused me to become a bit distant with my brothers. they're both into things i'm not into, that i used to be into before. i think i'm probably too individualistic and getting stubborn as i age.

Just really drinking and playing horseshoes. Not so much horsehoes anymore. He does ride his motorcycle when the weather is nice though.

Mom just shops, and complains.

My mom and dad travel alot now that they are older an free of kids., I think that is their hobby. They keep going back to Ireland, they love it. Other than that probably taking the grand kids out to eat, parks etc. Actually i wish they lived close by so they could take the kids more.

My parents seem to love going to wakes and funerals.

My mom is also quite interested in borrowing books she never reads and DVR'ing shows she never watches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back