Do you want Trump to be impeached?

Lavalamp

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Not whether he is guilty of anything or not, just if you want him impeached.

https://www.thenation.com/article/if-trump-fires-mueller-we-must-impeach/

impeach-trump-protests.jpg

9-25-17-impeach-trump-billboard.jpg

impeach-trump.jpg

Unless he is guilty of something criminal no. I hate the idea of talks of impeachment just because you don't like the person in office. That defeats the purpose of a democracy.

If you impeach him "just because", what's to prevent the next guy that you like from being impeached "just because"?

I'm sure all those monarchs who poisoned their own fathers and brothers didn't think they would be next in line to get poisoned themselves. But we know better at this point than to take down a leader without a very legitimate reason, because of the standard that it sets.

Trump could be the biggest hack in the world and his 4 years in the office still wouldn't do as much as damage to the American society, as him basically being ousted like an Eastern European crook would. Better off pretending that he's doing his job while mitigating the damage.

Impeaching him without an impeachable offense would set an absurd precedent. He has, however, committed impeachable offenses, and did so from day 1, with using his office to personally enrich himself.

One thing I've noticed about everyone on CNN or MSNBC that's talked about impeaching Trump, is they NEVER mention who'd be replacing him... Mike Pence.

Its like they don't know who Mike Pence is, or they're living in the delusion that Hillary Clinton would be the new President.

Unless he is guilty of something criminal no. I hate the idea of talks of impeachment just because you don't like the person in office. That defeats the purpose of a democracy.

Most investigated President ever, with corrupt investigators.

I wish we'd investigate past administrations as much.

Everyone still loves Obama, but he couldn't fix the economy and laughed at Trump for saying he could.

Trump did. And still gets shit on or Obama gets credit.

One thing I've noticed about everyone on CNN or MSNBC that's talked about impeaching Trump, is they NEVER mention who'd be replacing him... Mike Pence.

Its like they don't know who Mike Pence is, or they're living in the delusion that Hillary Clinton would be the new President.

Or they dont care, because that is irrelevant when talking about of trump should be impeached.

no impeachment is not the correct legal process but the amendment for incompetence should be used instead. a basic list of quotes proves this.

"i never knew we had so many countries"

“I really just see the bigness of it all, but also the responsibility. And the human responsibility.”

“The fake media is some of the media.”

“The Republican Party has various groups, all great people. They're great people. But some are moderate, some are very conservative. The Democrats don't seem to have that nearly as much. You know the Democrats have, they don't have that. The Republicans do have that.”

“Hey, I’m a nationalist and a globalist. I’m both.”

he is incoherent. does not understand the world or policy.

Agreed. Besides, we'd still be left with Pence. In some ways he'd be less of an embarrassment but I don't think in terms of policy he'd be much different.

What I want to see is Trump lose in 2020.

It’s a rational position to take. Pence is probably roughly as right-wing as Trump, but the US has had right-wing presidents before and managed to carry on. Trump’s friendliness to the wealthy and corporations is an issue, but he also has the problem that he constantly lies, doesn’t seem to understand any policy issues, his speeches are often incoherent and wandering, and he makes tons of decisions based on what he saw on Fox & Friends. He seems dangerously incompetent.

The standard line from Breitbart readers is to pretend that Trump is disliked solely for his right-wing preferences, and not that he seems like an impulsive old man who forgets what he’s lied about from day to day.

Pence may well even be more effective at putting right wing policy into place, but he might still be preferable to an incompetent. To some people. I’m not sure what I think but it’s not like “lol libruls are stoopid, don’t they realize pence is a republican too”.

Sometimes a competent villain is better than an incompetent one.

Even if he's guilty of something worthy of it I'm not sure. Trump is so good at shooting himself/party in the foot. Pence is way more ideologically extreme and politically savvy. So I feel like he would have a better chance of getting more extreme right wing policies passed.

Or they dont care, because that is irrelevant when talking about of trump should be impeached.

Yeah, it is very relevant.

Question - Would Democrats rather have four years of Trump and then he loses in 2020, or two years of Trump and six years of Pence?

Because if Trump's favorability numbers are actually in the 30s, he has a big chance of losing in 2020. Especially with a motivated Democrat base.

Pence is much more likable than Trump, far better spoken, and doesn't shoot off with his mouth or on twitter. His favorability numbers would be much higher than Trump's going into 2020.

Those who want Trump gone now, therefore want Pence in, are too short-sighted to think about the long-game of their political decisions.

Most investigated President ever, with corrupt investigators.

I wish we'd investigate past administrations as much.

Everyone still loves Obama, but he couldn't fix the economy and laughed at Trump for saying he could.

Trump did. And still gets shit on or Obama gets credit.

Any objective look at the policies that pulled our country out of the recession sees that it is Obama policies, not Trump's. Trump has passed no major economic policies, as of yet.

Bill clinton was investigated for years. Donald Trump is not the most investigated president ever. He also happens to be a president who has directly profited from his position, and has not been investigated on that yet.

Any objective look at the policies that pulled our country out of the recession sees that it is Obama policies, not Trump's. Trump has passed no major economic policies, as of yet.

Bill clinton was investigated for years. Donald Trump is not the most investigated president ever. He also happens to be a president who has directly profited from his position, and has not been investigated on that yet.

You're dreaming if you don't see that Trump is boosting the economy.

Obama did it? Really?

Agreed. Besides, we'd still be left with Pence. In some ways he'd be less of an embarrassment but I don't think in terms of policy he'd be much different.

What I want to see is Trump lose in 2020.

Like @7437 said, impeachment has nothing at all to do with policy or elections. It's about protecting rule of law at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back