Do you usually wear headphones when you workout?

Yes, been listening to lots of Iron Maiden and Judas Priest lately whilst working out it's perfect music to train to.
I used to like to Listen to By Demoms Be driven when going for three rep max.

I'm somewhat same, but kind of in reverse.

I never actually rode the train without headphones in - then one day, I left them out for a while, and couldn't help but notice all the dipshit'ery going on about me; I was frankly, flabbergasted that I had remained oblivious to it for so long.

So now, I ride the train, headphones in, screen on - and the outside world is a separate entity - except when some dipshit asks me to move my bag or some shit.
Then there was this one time where a gypsy started laying into his wife - that also served as a distraction.

I don´t understand. Like in speaking behind your back? Was it regular commuters or people known to you that did this?

I really cannot stand people listening to their own music in the gym!

I have them with me but only put them on when manager plays shittiest music.
We have a nice crew at our gym so no need to really isolate yourself.

I have to. I'm a big music person and it motivates me. Besides, ain't nobody got time for the gym's semi-crappy music

Absolutely I do.

I can't stand to hear myself breathing and I sure as hell don't like listening to other people workout.

I wish

I spend most my time in the pool and its not really an option.

I listen to my earphones when I do cardio. I notice I lift weights better when I don’t listen to my earphones. So I try to keep that to a minimum when I’m just lifting weights.

Yeah, I can't get into a song and keep my focus on my lift.

Running is easy because it's pretty mindless.

I pretty much always wear headphones when I run, but I’m usually by myself, the 10k races/fun runs I’ve done mostly don’t allow them which worried me the first time, but I quite like the social aspect of interacting with the other runners.

Which is weird, as in pretty much any other situation I’m a miserable bugger when it comes to talking with strangers...

Nah that just takes away from my focus.
If you have issues with motivation just try and pretend the mirrors are actually two way mirrors.
And behind the mirrors are German scientist looking for the perfect Aryan specimen to present the Fuhrer.

Back