Do you tip washing machine people?

?

• yes

• no

• unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.
You have got to look out for those god damned Washing Machine People. They're real sick puppies.

05QUiKq.gif

Nope. Had a refrigerator guy of the same ilk take my old fridge away. Did not tip him. I didn’t even know that was an option.

I tip everyone if they are nice and show up on time.

?

I meant they show up on time and deliver mail - would be costly to tip them all the time

That's all I meant ... for reals

Mailman is not nice. Show up at random times and constantly mis-delivers my mail.

the washing machine goes in the house is the basement but you have to go down a slight but sharp hill to get to it - it's always slippery and they calling for snow that day

Also there's a chance the door might have to come off for the machine to fit in

I also have a huge drop off where the basement floor is vs where the door is with no ramp

Also, there's a concealed pit filled with razor-sharp spikes?

And also, unfed Komodo dragons guarding the old washer?

Mailman is not nice. Show up at random times and constantly mis-delivers my mail.

OHHHHHHHHHH I thought you said I was not nice

Would you tip a nice mailman/woman multiple times a week?

Why tip anyone?

Instead how about you pay for services rendered as per your agreement.

It's fucking weird. I don't get it.
Because in many places the expected payment is not fully baked into the cost.

For instance in some areas like Australia the tip is baked in to the cost of the food you buy so you tip every server regardless of level of service and even if you get a bad one you have no choice but to tip unless you make a stink and get the bill cancelled.

In other areas (America) the tip is rarely baked in to the cost of food which is a benefit to the dinner because they maintain the choice to tip from zero for bad service to as high as they want for good service.

Almost everyone would say maintaining that option is good although some 'freeriders' use it to be cheap and will pretend they would rather have ti baked in and pay 100% of the time when they truly don't want to pay it any time and use this as an out.

Because in many places the expected payment is not fully baked into the cost.

For instance in some areas like Australia the tip is baked in to the cost of the food you buy so you tip every server regardless of level of service and even if you get a bad one you have no choice but to tip unless you make a stink and get the bill cancelled.

In other areas (America) the tip is rarely baked in to the cost of food which is a benefit to the dinner because they maintain the choice to tip from zero for bad service to as high as they want for good service.

Almost everyone would say maintaining that option is good although some 'freeriders' use it to be cheap and will pretend they would rather have ti baked in and pay 100% of the time when they truly don't want to pay it any time and use this as an out.

I am far too English to let someone know their service was sub par. That would be terribly impolite.

Back