Do you think you're goodlooking?

i'm probably the best looking Rocky Dennis look a like out there today, and i'm available for hire

Hah, lol, no.

I managed an 8 on hot or not ten years ago, when I took the right picture from the right angle but nah, not now. Now I'm just a huge bald beard man.

I'm really fucking happy about it too, it's so great not worrying about any of that shit anymore. I was a model back when I was 17-18 and hung around in some pretty attractive circles but as I went on with my life studying psychology, working and becoming a family man, the worry about appearance always remained.

Even down to the way one stood at a bar or sat in a chair, ignoring the clothes and hair. My late 30's, having kids totally divorced me from it finally and now I'm free of aestheticism. Now it's function, form and the inherent beauty within.

No I'm not good looking. But one of these days I'm gonna try and develop one of these "personalities".

face wise I am a 7. my dick's a solid 10 though.

I’ve thought about getting back into shape again(I’m not horribly out of shape, dad bod but not in fighting shape anymore) and have been told by more than one woman that they prefer the dad bod to ripped at our age now.

One was 28 , one 30 and one 34

I've heard that quite a bit too. I think the dad bod represents security, and stability. Appearing to be well fed to some people means being able to provide. It could also mean maturity, and father qualities, hence the name "dad bod". lol

There are also studies that show how people perceive facial hair differently when looking for a mate: clean shave vs stubble vs full beard. It's interesting material, but I think it is largely subjective.

From what I've read, lean is perceived by some as a short term or a fling. Kind of like the whole "bad boy" image with the lean guys and the 5 oclock shadow, I'm guessing (rockers, fighters, street hoods, etc).

"Dad bod" may represent someone to settle down with.

There is research on the subjects but I think it's largely subjective. In my experience, the lean almost twig guys, with stubble who look like they didn't care about going to work got the most play and one nighters (especially from younger women). The heavier set full beard "dad bod" guys were happily married with kids. lol

I've heard that quite a bit too. I think the dad bod represents security, and stability. Appearing to be well fed to some people means being able to provide. It could also mean maturity, and father qualities, hence the name "dad bod". lol

There are also studies that show how people perceive facial hair differently when looking for a mate: clean shave vs stubble vs full beard. It's interesting material, but I think it is largely subjective.

From what I've read, lean is perceived by some as a short term or a fling. Kind of like the whole "bad boy" image with the lean guys and the 5 oclock shadow, I'm guessing (rockers, fighters, street hoods, etc).

There is research on the subjects but I think it's largely subjective. In my experience, the lean almost twig guys, with stubble who look like they didn't care about going to work got the most play and one nighters (especially from younger women). The heavier set full beard "dad bod" guys were happily married with kids. lol

Shit, I'm jacked and clean shaven (can't grow a beard to save my life) so I'm not seen as a stable prospect.

I can fill a room with upper cuts .. does that make me handsome?

and I have a 18" neck ... does that qualify me?

Shit, I'm jacked and clean shaven (can't grow a beard to save my life) so I'm not seen as a stable prospect.

Lol from one study I saw girls were shown pictures of guys with different body types. They rated the jacked guys for "one night stands". I do not have the article readily available but there is research, and surveys out there.

I have noticed the more muscular I am the more women objectify me. Coming up to you and rubbing on your biceps is not generally thought as degrading when done to men, but I think it is done in the same context as a guy who would grab a girl's hips or low back. It is sexual in nature.

Different women like different things, so experiences and studies are largely subjective. However, in my experiences the information I've read isn't completely wrong. The psychology behind it, if there is any, I would be interested in knowing.

Crazy how the majority of people are ugly as fuck but everyone on the first page is good looking. Funny how that works, lol.

As I’ve gotten older I’ve become more ripped and usually go with the stubbly face look. At the same time, more women have wanted casual relationships with me. I’m finally accepting this new “casual” life. I always thought I would get remarried after my divorce.
I’ve shown pictures of me at 30 and 50 and some people can’t believe it’s the same person.
I have stable long term potential. One day I might settle down. I just don’t want to go back to the dad bod.

When I was younger I definitely had the bad boy thing going and got tons of play, but mostly not from chicks i wouldnconsider mom material but that’s nkt what I was looking for at the time anyway.

I defiantly agree with those statistics on what they are looking for.

I attract career women with aspirations of family now, and thats good.

And before it was hot but crazy fling chicks both fit at the time that I was attracting them for what I wanted.

Which is probubaly why they like the dad bod look now. They used to be the hot crazy fling chicks and went for the ripped bad boys, and now are older and go for the dad bod guys.

I guess I’ve changed with the times in a good way.

I’m still not fat , just not ripped and vascular.

My 34’s are slightly loose and need a belt. And I have a two pack with some extra cut over the bottom abs lol.

My pic is up in the post your pic thread with my g/f

As I’ve gotten older I’ve become more ripped and usually go with the stubbly face look. At the same time, more women have wanted casual relationships with me. I’m finally accepting this new “casual” life. I always thought I would get remarried after my divorce.
I’ve shown pictures of me at 30 and 50 and some people can’t believe it’s the same person.
I have stable long term potential. One day I might settle down. I just don’t want to go back to the dad bod.

I like casual lol. I am in no way looking to settle down. So whatever I have to do to advertise that this guy is just looking for a good time I'll do it lol. I'm with you on that, I'm not looking to settle anytime soon.

When I was younger I definitely had the bad boy thing going and got tons of play, but mostly not from chicks i wouldnconsider mom material but that’s nkt what I was looking for at the time anyway.

I defiantly agree with those statistics on what they are looking for.

I attract career women with aspirations of family now, and thats good.

And before it was hot but crazy fling chicks both fit at the time that I was attracting them for what I wanted.

Which is probubaly why they like the dad bod look now. They used to be the hot crazy fling chicks and went for the ripped bad boys, and now are older and go for the dad bod guys.

I guess I’ve changed with the times in a good way.

I’m still not fat , just not ripped and vascular.

My 34’s are slightly loose and need a belt. And I have a two pack with some extra cut over the bottom abs lol.

My pic is up in the post your pic thread with my g/f

Hey, no shame in that. Sometimes we have to broadcast what we're looking for and the let the ladies do the choosing from there. lol

I don't think I've ever been told I was good looking by anyone I'd want to think I was good looking.
women typically care about social skills, status, personality, humor n shit more than looks. Not that it doesn't play a factor but men care more about looks in the hierarchy of importance more than women

Women:
1)personality/humour
1)physical attractiveness
1)status/wealth/success

Men:
1)physical attractiveness
2)physical attractiveness
3)physical attractiveness

(Note: ordering of attributes may vary by personal preference)

I like casual lol. I am in no way looking to settle down. So whatever I have to do to advertise that this guy is just looking for a good time I'll do it lol. I'm with you on that, I'm not looking to settle anytime soon.
I think “advertising” is the key word here. I didn’t realize that I was advertising the way I was. I thought a woman around my age would like the fact that I work out 5-6 days per week. I’ve been ping ponging back and forth with women in their late twenties to women doctors in their forties with kids.
The doctors were wining and dining me trying to impress. In the end they turned out to be flakey. The late twenties girls are very upfront about being casual.
I’m “dating” someone (24 years younger) now who I see about 5-6 nights per month. Both of us are free to find something better. To me, it’s just what I want for now.

I'd say not really but lately I've had two good looking early mid-twenties gals come after me.

In fact, going to see one tonight.

Maybe it's my cocky stride and musky odours (ala homer simpson).

Back