Do you think USADA is killing the sport?

Is USADA killing the sport?

• Total voters
I'd prefer:
1st infraction-1 year
2nd-3 year
3rd-lifetime

yeah usada is fucking shit up.

usada is like that shit neighbor coming over to your home telling you what you can and can not eat, drink or inject into your body, and asking you to piss into cups heaps of times in a short amount of days. you know?

no? no one else had a neighbor like this? damn...

It's almost like competitions have rules and shit

Some people are happy that the sport is being cleaned up no matter the cost. Others think getting a 2 year suspension for IVs and stuff like DHEA is the dumbest shit imaginable. Not to mention the fact that a 2 year suspension is very crippling for a fighter. If you're older and you get popped - you're pretty much fucked.

What do you think?
You either have strict testing with steep penalties, or you open it up for all.
Half measures do not work.

Because the ones caught are bashed for something everyone else does and do not get caught (either because they are lucky, or know how to cycle, or have money to buy the top tier that does not get detected)...

I don't mind the two extremes. But I do mind hear so many fighters are juicing and then only a handfull are caught.

If you truly want a clean sport, make sure you make it impossible for them to cheat.
If you just want to claim, then stop with the stupid restrictions and checks.

MMA is entertaining with or without PED's. Baseball is just boring.
It was a lot less boring when people were hitting baseballs to the moon. With PEDs fighter could fight 5 times a year instead of 2-3 injury free with mad cardio. I understand why some people are against PEDs, I just personally am not.

Yeah, we are not disagreeing. It's kind of a side point. I am old by Sherdog standards, and have seen this crap for years.
Most of these labs aren't even really catering to elite athletes. It's uniformed kids who want to get "swole" for the summer, or compete with their bros in the high school weight room. Next thing you know, they have liver damage, and end up fat and on trt at 25 because they can't use their dicks. Fucked.
But MMA really isn't the most sophisticated sport in terms of money and resources, and its athletes are susceptible to the same problems.

You speak truth sir. I'm an old foot by Sherdog standards (older guy) and I remember steroids needle/pill were available back when I was in high school playing football & working out and that sadly was decades ago now. So totally get where you going with this post.

Of course it is. Who wants to see broken down old-man versions of our heroes? Give me TRT Vitor until he is 60. Give me HGH BJ Penn. Please and thank you.

The sport? Depends on what you mean by sport.

Fighting was never intended to be a sport. Cannot kill that which does not exist. Fighting, in its original intent, was just about two badasses finding out who was the bigger badass. If you still want MMA, or fighting as such, to reflect that intent, then yes, dumb shit like arbitrary bans on certain training supplements and methods is absolutely harmful to the success of that activity.

If you are one of those casual cucks that likes everything handed to you in a nice, corporate branded graphics package with punchy robots and Taylor Swift songs, then you knead MMA-- NOT FIGHTING-- to look as much like an NFL game as possible. That means that the sham legitimacy USADA offers is just what the doctor ordered.

And if you are the type of person who loves watching UFC at a B-Dubz with his buddies, but then comes home to post on sherdog about how PPV revenue and twitter followers of one company or athlete somehow are enough to indicate the success or failure of fighting as such, whether you think its a sport or not, you are just a complete fucking retard.

The old tainted emoji defense, nice try @dimspace

its amazing what a different they make

for instance

Youre a total ****
Youre a total *** ;)
Youre a total **** :p

All totally different inferences

Cheaters are killing the sport. If a fighter doesn't cheat they will not have a problem

I voted yeah because I want TRTor and TRT Bigfoot back.

0-37774-1

Vitor%2BBelfort%2Bspinning%2Bback%2Bheel%2Bkick%2Bvs.%2Bknocks%2Bout%2BLuke%2BRockhold.gif

tumblr_mhpdc7aDjA1qj22dmo3_250.gif

Some people are happy that the sport is being cleaned up no matter the cost. Others think getting a 2 year suspension for IVs and stuff like DHEA is the dumbest shit imaginable. Not to mention the fact that a 2 year suspension is very crippling for a fighter. If you're older and you get popped - you're pretty much fucked.

What do you think?

do stupid things win dumb prizes

its a fighters job to understand his job (including the rules of the org he is fighting for) or have an assistant or translator explain it to you

not rocket science

To me it's very obvious why certain laboratory manufactured PED's are banned along with certain supplements. But now it's gone overboard there are a few natural supplements that are now illegal under USADA guidelines. I think they need to look at some of the more natural based supplements that don't require man made scientific manipulation to work. Athletes can't even use some GNC sold or over the counter type supplements under the USADA guidelines. Too much policing is not always a good thing.

GNC are the dealers my man. The supplement industry isn't regulated.

Back