Do you think USADA is killing the sport?

Is USADA killing the sport?

• Total voters
PEDs,casual fans and bad training methods are fucking the sport up not USADA

It's better to have a more even playing field and a clean sport, but I don't think people anticipated the effect Peds have on a fighters ability to recover from injury. This is why we're getting lots of fighters dropping out now imo

How come boxers aren't pulling out of fights with injuries? HOw come pro football players get hurt during games, not practice. or baseball or basketball players. Only mma fighters get hurt during training. Why? Could it be they are light years behind other sports with training?

Just hire Chael as a consultant and fuck the testings.

Suuure you were.

But I accept your apology regardless.

I see where the issue could be.

I've been adding Smiley's from my phone but none of them are appearing

With no winks out smiles my message is lost

I for one want to see super humans fight. Be clean on fight night. Look at the amount of home runs hit since the Bonds scandal, baseball is boring now, do we really want MMA to be the same?

MMA is entertaining with or without PED's. Baseball is just boring.

But ratio is a flawed method.

You could have 1ng/ml test, the same in epi and be 1-1
You could have 100000000 ng/ml and balance it out with epi and still be 1-1
I hear you, there's got to be a way though. The whole point of TRT is to put you back at normal levels of free testosterone. Sorry but I don't think that's criminal.

I think the real question is, how many fighters would be killed within the sport if USADA wasn't involved.

I dont agree with that, Old fighters get old,and thats all there is to it. You take an old fighter,with all his experience,and give him a young mans abilities,how can up and comers thrive,if they are facing old vets with unfair advantages. If an old guy has to say hey,i wanna take TRT,it means their time is up,and to make way for the new blood.
I see normal everyday guys at LA fitness with their "free range testosterone" supplements looking like they're 30 and they're really 50. If Bob Smith, CPA, can take testosterone than Dan Henderson should be able to too.

I see where the issue could be.

I've been adding Smiley's from my phone but none of them are appearing

With no winks out smiles my message is lost

You sound like a PED user who has to plead his case funnily enough

No. This had to happen eventually.

Just hire Chael as a consultant and fuck the testings.

We should just replace every fight with a Chael insult compilation on the jumbotron and then everything will be fine

And I can't really dispute your counter points. especially where labs maybe altering compounds within a product altering it. These laboratories are in the business of science and making money not so much adhering to USADA guidelines. There's far more profit in giving an athlete the edge than making him/her ran with the pack, Balco Labs was doing rather well with MLB until Major League Ball found out about it...

Yeah, we are not disagreeing. It's kind of a side point. I am old by Sherdog standards, and have seen this crap for years.
Most of these labs aren't even really catering to elite athletes. It's uniformed kids who want to get "swole" for the summer, or compete with their bros in the high school weight room. Next thing you know, they have liver damage, and end up fat and on trt at 25 because they can't use their dicks. Fucked.
But MMA really isn't the most sophisticated sport in terms of money and resources, and its athletes are susceptible to the same problems.

I see normal everyday guys at LA fitness with their "free range testosterone" supplements looking like they're 30 and they're really 50. If Bob Smith, CPA, can take testosterone than Dan Henderson should be able to too.
If your not knocking anyone out you can take all you want.

Over time I think we can expect to see shorter careers, more injury, and lower performance generally.

Plus a lot of fights/cards that end up fucked as guys get popped for this or that.

It could be that the UFC believes it will gain credibility as an athletic org through USADA, maybe, and sees that as a route to more widespread acceptance and traction in the sports marketplace, generally. If so, they are fundamentally misunderstanding who is buying PPVs and why they are buying them. Roids weren't hurting the UFC any more than they did decades of Olympics, football, baseball, etc.

Whether that is "worth it" is totally a matter of perspective. I don't think so, not really.

I hear you, there's got to be a way though. The whole point of TRT is to put you back at normal levels of free testosterone. Sorry but I don't think that's criminal.

Technically the tue process would be there if the commissions played ball

However there's one key part of the tue process as far as trt goes that creates an

With trt as well as the usual

+ Genuine documented medical need
+ No non banned alternative
+ Not performance enhancing (beyond normal levels)

There's a further criteria

+ Deficiency must not be as a result of prior peds use

Let's be honest, that clause alone would prevent most fighters from being able to apply, although usada proving it is another matter.

But it does raise a further question on trt use, it's not only abuse, but should we assist fighters who's test deficiency is self inflicted?

tumblr_m9eschoBt71qi98gto3_500.gif

Technically the tue process would be there if the commissions played ball

However there's one key part of the tue process as far as trt goes that creates an

With trt as well as the usual

+ Genuine documented medical need
+ No non banned alternative
+ Not performance enhancing (beyond normal levels)

There's a further criteria

+ Deficiency must not be as a result of prior peds use

Let's be honest, that clause alone would prevent most fighters from being able to apply, although usada proving it is another matter.

But it does raise a further question on trt use, it's not only abuse, but should we assist fighters who's test deficiency is self inflicted?
That's true, I agree it's a sticking point. At the same time how are you to know their low test is from previous use?

You sound like a PED user who has to plead his case funnily enough
Nah, seriously, take emotes out of sentences and it all goes to shit.

Doesn't change my position, but I was taking the proverbial more than being serious

This is where i differ from alot of people,i think.I dont hold it agsinst fighters what they say in a post fight interview. Its just whats going on in their head at the time. I can usually tell what i saw with my own two eyes...and if what the losing fighter says differs from that...well thats ok. Sometimes guys need to feel a certain way so their confidence doesnt collapse,even if its delusional.

What I'm saying is, the loser being clean and the winner being dirty is the most excusable of excuses for having lost.

Back