Do you think saki will be able to translate his striking quickly?

king of theRing

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Obviously just learning ground game is not all. While it will help you mentally, and not look as sloppy, there is more than that.

The distance is different, the levels, the combinations is different.

And only way to look good is to have an opponent like spong did his first fight. Basically a guy they found in a dumpster in the alley of streets of Vegas.

Hopefully UFC are not pricks and give him good fighters right away.

They should sign some 2-0 or 3-5 record fighter for 205. Just to feed them to saki. Let him get 3 or 4 wins by knockout then match him up with someone in the top 20. Then we see if he can crack the top 10 or even top 5

They should sign some 2-0 or 3-5 record fighter for 205. Just to feed them to saki. Let him get 3 or 4 wins by knockout then match him up with someone in the top 20. Then we see if he can crack the top 10 or even top 5

I dont think the UFC is gonna be giving him that many low level guys with the money they are paying him. He's gonna get a top 20 LHW first fight. I am seeing Saki vs Rogerio De Lima, Gian Villante, Steve Bosse

It will play out however it plays out.

Nobody will stand with him. They will be shooting on him from 8 feet away.

I dont think the UFC is gonna be giving him that many low level guys with the money they are paying him. He's gonna get a top 20 LHW first fight. I am seeing Saki vs Rogerio De Lima, Gian Villante, Steve Bosse

Bosse is a brilliant idea

It probably couldn't hurt to training with others who came from a kick boxing background and found success in MMA.

They could. Just find one with a pretty recod who sucks like springs first opponent. He was absolute garbage, but had a record of like 7-2

Bas tried to hype him up by saying " at one time, this guy was ranked 97th in the world in boxing"

LMAO

He gets taken down and submitted by anybody he faces.

Obviously just learning ground game is not all. While it will help you mentally, and not look as sloppy, there is more than that.

The distance is different, the levels, the combinations is different.

And only way to look good is to have an opponent like spong did his first fight. Basically a guy they found in a dumpster in the alley of streets of Vegas.

Hopefully UFC are not pricks and give him good fighters right away.
The biggest adjustment is learning takedown defense, learning how to get back up, and learning submission defense.

The biggest problem is not striking technique, the biggest adjustment is learning how to grapple and becoming confident in the grappling.

The biggest adjustment is learning takedown defense, learning how to get back up, and learning submission defense.

The biggest problem is not striking technique, the biggest adjustment is learning how to grapple and becoming confident in the grappling.
Way more to it than that. Can't just get up and say " gonna strike in MMA like I did in k1"

Way more to it than that. Can't just get up and say " gonna strike in MMA like I did in k1"
If you have a grappling pedigree that matches your K1 pedigree, then I think you can strike just as you did in K1.

Of course, there is ALWAYS an adjustment that needs to be made depending on the opponent. I am not denying that.

I just don't believe the technique is an issue. I think the lack of grappling experience needs to be addressed first.

I just hope they give him a fair shake to build his UFC career. "Let me Bang Bro".

If you have a grappling pedigree that matches your K1 pedigree, then I think you can strike just as you did in K1.

Of course, there is ALWAYS an adjustment that needs to be made depending on the opponent. I am not denying that.

I just don't believe the technique is an issue. I think the lack of grappling experience needs to be addressed first.

Well learning the ground game and embracing it will be a major factor of not looking sloppy, confidence to engage in situations, and so they can't use their grappling advantage to try and have an edge with striking with you.

But you need to have a vast knowledge in distance and level changing. And depends on your style. Alot of combinations that you use in high level kickboxing, don't work in MMA.

Takes a high level of intelligence. Otherwise it's like re learning striking all over again almost

Well learning the ground game and embracing it will be a major factor of not looking sloppy, confidence to engage in situations, and so they can't use their grappling advantage to try and have an edge with striking with you.

But you need to have a vast knowledge in distance and level changing. And depends on your style. Alot of combinations that you use in high level kickboxing, don't work in MMA.

Takes a high level of intelligence. Otherwise it's like re learning striking all over again almost
You say they don't work but you don't explain why.

You say they don't work but you don't explain why.

Well, cause you didnt ask.

The square stance is a big thing. That stance obviously doesn't work in MMA. So what you will see is the stance reem had vs Lesnar, and doing in his first fight. Wide, yet still some what square and hands low as hell. Mainly cause they want to focus on their kicks and straight single shot punches.

Then the big gloves takes alot away, and can also put in same category that the inside fighting.

Most Dutch style, alot of their boxing combos and tricks come from very close. The Dutch trap hand is probably main one that doesn't work. And alot of the other combos ( imo) can but Cannot be thrown same way in MMA due to the stance, distance and level being different.

Look at saki finishing combo on kamao.... Not happening in MMA like he did in k1 without changing everything about it.

Brian Gibson did an interview awhile ago explaining this in great detail if you want to google it

Back