Do you think khabib's skillset has peaked?

His ground game is as good as I've ever seen. So I don't see him improving that very much...

Everyone knows he has way more room for growth in the striking department. If he decides to dedicated 2 -3 years on training his stand-up for sure he could improve..

He could improve his finishing abilities.

Some add tools that work and become more complete, others come in as elite in their area and keep perfecting specialization. I think Khabib's Sambo base was so strong he already was elite when he signed with the UFC, so the improvements in that area are, at least to me, difficult to notice. I don't think much of his striking, so he'll probably stay as a grappler with some stand-up.

Khabib outstruck RDA, Barboza, MJ and Iaquinta. He is a top 3 MMA striker in the division
he wouldn't out strike any of them standing.

they counted all the pitter patter ground shots.

kabob doesn't look comfortable on his feet

he is scared for his life on his feet

and there is a reason

his glass chicken chin

Khabib is peaked. He's been training at aka for years.

His body, mind and nervous system will never work together to snap a punch properly. The sheer physical strength he possesses probably hinders this as well...similar to how it would a powerlifter trying to snap a punch.

Khabib is 30 years old. Do you think he's a finished product at this point, or do you expect some significant growth in his skills in the future? How do you see him continuing to develop from here, if you think he does at all.

Personally, despite physical prime ending, I notice a ton of fighters improving in their 30's, so I do think he'll continue to tighten up his standup game and hopefully get some footwork.

Not at all just wait till K-1 khabib shows up.

he wouldn't out strike any of them standing.

they counted all the pitter patter ground shots.

kabob doesn't look comfortable on his feet

he is scared for his life on his feet

and there is a reason

his glass chicken chin
Hypotheticals don't matter

What matter is real world results. Khabib outstruck all of them, hence he is a top striker in the divison. There is no way around it, sorry

Khabib is 30 years old. Do you think he's a finished product at this point, or do you expect some significant growth in his skills in the future? How do you see him continuing to develop from here, if you think he does at all.

Personally, despite physical prime ending, I notice a ton of fighters improving in their 30's, so I do think he'll continue to tighten up his standup game and hopefully get some footwork.

There's not really much more progress he's going to make in his game, his father is already talking about him retiring. Khabib has been fighting professionally for almost 10 years already, he has a good year or two left before by all accounts he begins to decline.

Hypotheticals don't matter

What matter is real world results. Khabib outstruck all of them, hence he is a top striker in the divison. There is no way around it, sorry
lolz kaboob a top striker in the division.

keep drinking that kool aid.

why does he panic wrestle and go to a decision every fight?

I don't see his striking improving from here because he's had many years at a world class camp and still looks undisciplined in standing exchanges. He gets away with it because he generally hasn't fought the elite grapplers in his division.

When everyone is afraid of your take down you can be a sloppy striker.

I see Khabib improving his pacing and overall fight IQ.

He had a lot of room to imrpove in his striking but I think it's too late, he is too old for any huge improvements anywhere.

I keep hearing he is a beast on the ground; want to see before I comment on whether he has reached sublime levels of grappling or there is still room to grow.

This is a holy war.

Islam is a faith of repression and fake righteousness. Khabib claims to be a holy man, but well all know this is nonsense. He shows lack of respect after each contest. He is a bully. He abuses homeless people. He is tied to embezzling and terror cells. He threatens the lives of men who joke about his faith. Anytime Conor brought up something controversial, he no longer could understand English.

Like it or not, Conor wears his true nature on his sleeve, and the foundation of western civilization is built on the tenet of truth. Khabib is not an honest man, and with the power of the, Conor Lord will KO him stiff on October 6th.

dhMeAzK.gif

I think he will continue evolving.
He will continue improving his standup, and maybe even his ju jutsu.
And he's not the type of guy who seems likely to quickly "regress" in his wrestling abilities.

I think more than anything he could get more composure standing which could help him quite a bit. He should no doubt get better, but serious strides at this point probably aren't there. He's not a good enough athlete to really improve things in his stand-up, especially footwork. As long as he avoids guys with hands that are hard to takedown, which is virtually no one outside of Jose and Conor, maybe Max if he comes up, he should easily win all of his fights easily anyways.

Back