Do you think Jones being on steroids was an influential factor in the results vs. DC?

Why does it fucking matter? The only absolute in these threads are that Jones broke the rules

Should we start letting fighters who don't make weight fight? Who cares right? Just a few pounds right? They would of won anyway right?

There are rules for a fucking reason

One of the factors sure

I also think hes DCs cryptonite either way Hes a much larger opponent who specializes in the same thing DC specializes in and hes a much better striker. On top of that hes has the youth advantage.

But you said it doesnt make you a better kickboxer

it does make you a better kick boxer. If you can train more and harder and gives you other fitness benefits. that makes you a better kickboxer.

Roids and peds allow you to be better at anything that requires athleticism

Naw. I was offering a sarcastic reply to someone else who had said that steroids don't make you a better kick boxer. I agree with you... that's why I brought up sprinting and baseball.

Steroids don't just make you a muscle-head. They improve athletic performance, even in things as diverse as running fast and hitting a baseball.

My implied message was supposed to be that of course they would make you a better kick boxer, as well, because how could anyone argue that they make you a better baseball player but not a better fighter?

Anyway, guess it was kinda lost in translation if you weren't in on the conversation from the start.

(In short, we agree. My sarcasm just didn't come through clearly.)

Considering how well DC was doing until the knockout... yes, I think PEDs played a role.

Hey Payne!
What a week!
How you doing dude?

I'm good man! I'm not jumping on the hate train or jumping off the Bad Bones fan wagon I'm waiting on the sample B tests to come back, frankly I find the whole thing suspect, shady, and possibly financed? It really doesn't follow any reasonable logic?

I'm good man! I'm not jumping on the hate train or jumping off the Bad Bones fan wagon I'm waiting on the sample B tests to come back, frankly I find the whole thing suspect, shady, and possibly financed? It really doesn't follow any reasonable logic?
In all honesty, I didn't want to see it go down like this, even though it doesn't surprise me. I wanted to see the best jones vs the best DC and then we smack talk about the result but something is fishy here, you didn't get overly excited after the win. Did you know something was up before anyone else?

Is there anyone out there that's stupid enough to think that steroids don't actually work?

Fedor nut gobblers will say yes, but in all factual reality the answer is NO! GSP is GOAT now if people don't consider Jones as GOAT.

In all honesty, I didn't want to see it go down like this, even though it doesn't surprise me. I wanted to see the best jones vs the best DC and then we smack talk about the result but something is fishy here, you didn't get overly excited after the win. Did you know something was up before anyone else?

I'm sorry I just don't believe it. Jon is a lot of things but completely stupid not really one. It just doesn't make any sense to me considering the circumstance that kept him out of fighting, you're 1st fight back you risk using? I would rather lose clean knowing my path back to the belt is short, than use knowing everyone is watching DC ain't all that where one requires real aide to get by.

Just my thought, people had all sorts of conspiracy theories regarding his supposed use of steroids/peds, now under these circumstances people are now adverse to thinking something strange maybe afoot..?

Nope minus the finish the fight was going pretty much the same as the first one had. DC compeititve early, DC fans go nuts, start saying DC up 20-18 when it's probably 19-19 and then DC can't keep it up(age, dimension disadvantages things that steroids don't really impact) and starts gassing.

Nope minus the finish the fight was going pretty much the same as the first one had. DC compeititve early, DC fans go nuts, start saying DC up 20-18 when it's probably 19-19 and then DC can't keep it up(age, dimension disadvantages things that steroids don't really impact) and starts gassing.

So you're the kind of person that think fighters take steroids despite them supposedly having no effect and they are just thrillseekers that want to see if they can get past the tests?

Why should he even use them if it wouldn't be to his advantage?

The guy is a fraud and although I enjoy watching Jones and surely will miss him, I can't help to feel some happiness that his fanboys - shitbags like "Bubby" most likely crying 24/7 in a fetal position.

So you're the kind of person that think fighters take steroids despite them supposedly having no effect and they are just thrillseekers that want to see if they can get past the tests?

No I'm saying I just don't give a fuck, which seeing how many Pride lovers just pretend that juicing never happened in a promotion where it wasn't even against the rules is pretty standard. If he was taking steroids let's try to analyze what they changed in his performance and simply stick to the facts. When did he take them, what's the difference between Jones A and Jones B, what does it matter? I fucking hate when ESPN treats an athlete like he's the devil who deserves to be seriously punished because they took a test and something showed up that indicates they were trying to improve their performance. Oh, the man cares about his job, what a monster. Then these same people know it's very likely their beloved "GOAT" probably did the same thing(because it was not against the rules and why wouldn't he have) and they don't give two shits. No one cares about DC's towel trick either, because he's a "nice guy" who goes through the trouble of being liked by the judgmental drama obsessed public. No people care when people break the rules when they don't like that person.

Look at Lance Armstrong the guy was an immense source of national pride and revived interest in cancer research(and might end up saving lives in the future by advancing the date a cure(s) are found) and you're going to treat him like a con artist just because he doped in an era where everyone else did? Then he's got to go on national TV like a politican who took dick pics and sent them to underage girls and make an apology. No you've got nothing to apologize for STFU and stick up for yourself.

Jones would lose to half the LHW division without his roids.

Look at how bad some of the other lifetime roiders looked after cleaning up.

I'm sorry I just don't believe it. Jon is a lot of things but completely stupid not really one. It just doesn't make any sense to me considering the circumstance that kept him out of fighting, you're 1st fight back you risk using? I would rather lose clean knowing my path back to the belt is short, than use knowing everyone is watching DC ain't all that where one requires real aide to get by.

Just my thought, people had all sorts of conspiracy theories regarding his supposed use of steroids/peds, now under these circumstances people are now adverse to thinking something strange maybe afoot..?
I agree that he wouldnt blatantly get caught but the testing methods are getting more accurate. Maybe, last time he got caught with the masking agents and this time tried to ease back. It's a classic case of "where there is smoke, there's fire." I feel cheated, I'm sure you feel cheated (setup or busted) and you can imagine how DC feels. Maybe, just maybe there is a sliver of hope but he has been awfully quiet since the news and I fear a suicide watch may have been implemented. You are talking about a guy who would party his ass off before a fight just to have a "ready-made" excuse in case he lost.

Did Fedor fans make Jon Jones cheat his entire career?

Provide tests of jones cheating his entire career!

You cannot…

It's like me saying "fedor was 4-4 in us where testing was stricter, must have been juicing his entire career". Pure speculations with no actual evidence.

I feel you man.
I not a Jones fan but i can understand your line of thought.
I said in another thread that after 214 i had made peace with the fact that no one could beat Jones.
Right now i am,as a DC fan,dazed and confused and pissed.
Lets see how it ends.

Back