Do you think Jones being on steroids was an influential factor in the results vs. DC?

Not fucking true. This has already been convered and DC was low, but within normal ranges, and is also 40 years old. Make sure you know what the fuck you are talking about before opening your mouth.

DC is 40. And he was getting the better of one of most talented fighters ever, 10 years younger, on roids. DC-s no superman. HE just calculated his cycle better then Jones. There is no ONE top athlete in the world who is clean.
Mayweather? Mcgregor? lol they have the acces to best stuff available, 50 000$ a cycle stuff, engineered so it can't be detected on today level of testing.
But Jones chemist messed up. JDS also. They are all on their entire careers. Just with better stuff after they make more money and get better sponsors.

I think he still would have found a way to win. But would have been tougher, i cant deny this time though it looked like he did take steroids intentionally even though i defended him the first time.

I just dont get why risk it for an edge when he could still win without them.
You state that he could win without them as if that is a fact. It's not. Given his extremely suspicious testosterone levels before the 1st fight, the fact that he popped before the cancelled 2nd fight, and popped again after the 2nd fight happened, it would appear as though he has been cheating every time he has fought, or been scheduled to fight Cormier at the very least. Personally I think he has been using his whole career and USADA has tripped him up. Why would he risk so much if he could just go in there and win without PED's ? You need to ask yourself that question.

If Jones didnt think they were a factor he wouldn't of risked his career to take them. Jon Jones certainly didn't think it was in his best interest to fight Cormier clean. So he and his fans still defending him can say whatever they want. When Jon Jones is away from the microphone and the act goes away his actions speak louder than words. He took drugs to make him better than is naturally is. He thought he needed them to compete against Cormier. Jon Jones didn't think he could do it naturally, why would I think he could do it naturally?

Yes. in every possible way. the fight probably would have gone completely differently had he not been roided.

Lots of sports are games of inches, of half-seconds, etc...

It's perfectly possible that PEDs make up that level of difference in a fight.

Not fucking true. This has already been convered and DC was low, but within normal ranges, and is also 40 years old. Make sure you know what the fuck you are talking about before opening your mouth.
Hi DC. Big fan here, keep ur head up man, ur the real champ.

In this era where almost everyone is taking something, how in hell could anyone know? Steroids and other PEDs do make a difference or all these fighters wouldn't be taking them. DC could have been on something and just been better at masking it for all we know. I personally believe all the top guys are on something or other but belief isn't the same as proof.

Doing some research and have found people getting busted for positive tests during World Championships and Olympics. So yes, Fedor was tested then.

And Fedor was tested at PRIDE 32, passed it.
Pride 32 was on us soil in Las Vegas which is why he was tested for the fight. I think everyone knows by now that Pride didn't test for PEDS much if at all when they had their events in Japan. Off the top of my head both Mark Coleman and Mark Kerr were juicing during Pride. A bet a ton of other fighters were as well. Do I think Fedor was most likely not.

As per did the PEDS played a role in this fight absolutely. You would be blind to not think they did. Like someone else said all you have to do is look at Jones' previous fight against OSP which he most likely fought clean. He looked pretty bad in the fight and won a pretty boring decision. He then comes back for his fight against DC and looks 100 times better ultimately leading to him knocking out DC. I feel like Jones has been using for the majority of his career and most likely his run in the UFC.

In this era where almost everyone is taking something, how in hell could anyone know? Steroids and other PEDs do make a difference or all these fighters wouldn't be taking them. DC could have been on something and just been better at masking it for all we know. I personally believe all the top guys are on something or other but belief isn't the same as proof.
Do you think Mighty Mouse is on something? A part of me feels like he just an extremely physically gifted athlete but then I wonder if he is taking prohibited substances or not.

The only fighter I definitely believe isn't on any form of PEDS is Frankie Edgar

It will be, once USADA and the CSAC gets through with him.

JJ always beats DC, he owns that guy..Roids helped Jon to an easier road training and staying fit. He cut corners by taking them but the end result stays the same regardless

yes definitely. that said. just legalize steroids for mma fighters. let em juice up so we can see a hell of a fight. off topic but Nate Diaz once said "THEY'RE ALL ON ROIDS". i think he's right.

I would imagine so. If steroids didn't enhance an athlete's performance, they wouldn't take the risk. Jon probably would've won without the roids, but I do think they helped him in his training camp in terms of conditioning and recovery.

It did otherwise we bother use them and risk getting penilized by the court?

Back