Do you think Jones being on steroids was an influential factor in the results vs. DC?

The simple answer is that we CAN'T say that it wasn't.

He looked like ass the previous fight and looked like he hadn't lost a beat against the best LHW on the planet. He fought one time clean, and that was before he fought Cormier. It's easy to tell.

Jones obviously thought he needed PEDs to beat Cormier or he wouldn't have risked using them.

Anabolic steroids are called performance enhancing drugs for a legitimate reason.

I do not think Jones juicing was the influential factor in his second DC fight, a pill or an injection does not make Daniel drop his face and arms into jones head like an amateur to get knocked out by a kick, also, steroids do not give Jones the ability to set up the kick beautifully, that credit goes to Jones and his camp for figuring Daniel out.

I do however think steroids/juicing/cheating have been the reason for why Jones has been so dominant and also undefeated throughout the course of his impressive career. I sure thought he could have won/lost/draw that Gus fight, who knows what could have happened without drugs? (because as of now we just have to assume he has always cheated, that's the way it works with these situations)

So in summary.

No Jones did not beat DC the second time due to drugs, that set up and follow up was a thing of beauty.

Yes, Jones has cheated throughout his career and it has been a combination of skill/juicing/bigger than all of his opponents (remember, when he fights guys that are tall or his size he doesn't loo nearly as good) and this has been the reason he has been so dominant.

Yes, he is a fucking embarrassment to the sport and I hope he never fights in the UFC again. I do want to see him fight though but not in the UFC, he does not deserve to fight in the top organization anymore.

Trying to be as fair as I can.

How do you know he doesn't stop the takedown if he's not on that shit and DC can take him down? Or that he wouldn't have had as much confidence in himself?

That's why it does matter. Because everything changes when one guy is a juiced up guerrilla and the other isn't. Every little moment could've been different.

How do you know he doesn't stop the takedown if he's not on that shit and DC can take him down? Or that he wouldn't have had as much confidence in himself?

That's why it does matter. Because everything changes when one guy is a juiced up guerrilla and the other isn't. Every little moment could've been different.

Won't get an argument from me (and shouldn't get one from anyone else)

Jones has put himself on a situation where doubting every single thing in his career is now valid and no one should even debate that.

I do however believe that the second DC fight was more good strategy and DC really being outplayed there for a moment rather than actual juice but hey, that's just me.

Maybe without juicing they would be 1 - 1 head to head because DC was in the first fight until he gassed.

No. I hate drugs and cheaters but this time the drug isn't a factor. Headkick is headkick.

You think steroids made him a better kick boxer? You could argue the first fight because Jones really used his physical strength and cardio.
Anyone can be talented, but if you dont have the cardio, you will get beat down. Even this fight, DC and Jones were keeping a high pace and I could see DC slowing a bit, but not Jones. When you're gassed, you're kicks are slower, more time to react, etc.

I do not think Jones juicing was the influential factor in his second DC fight, a pill or an injection does not make Daniel drop his face and arms into jones head like an amateur to get knocked out by a kick, also, steroids do not give Jones the ability to set up the kick beautifully, that credit goes to Jones and his camp for figuring Daniel out.

I do however think steroids/juicing/cheating have been the reason for why Jones has been so dominant and also undefeated throughout the course of his impressive career. I sure thought he could have won/lost/draw that Gus fight, who knows what could have happened without drugs? (because as of now we just have to assume he has always cheated, that's the way it works with these situations)

So in summary.

No Jones did not beat DC the second time due to drugs, that set up and follow up was a thing of beauty.

Yes, Jones has cheated throughout his career and it has been a combination of skill/juicing/bigger than all of his opponents (remember, when he fights guys that are tall or his size he doesn't loo nearly as good) and this has been the reason he has been so dominant.

Yes, he is a fucking embarrassment to the sport and I hope he never fights in the UFC again. I do want to see him fight though but not in the UFC, he does not deserve to fight in the top organization anymore.

Trying to be as fair as I can.

What if by the third round Jones doesn't have the speed to catch DC off guard. Jones shows ungoldly cardio. He just cant do that blowing coke and abusing weed. Both fights would be different, if there was a level playing field. For example Jones reflexes were noticeably slower after the second round in the OSP fight, that is largely due to gassing. Jones cardio was amazing in both fights vs DC and he was on the back step.

What if by the third round Jones doesn't have the speed to catch DC off guard. Jones shows ungoldly cardio. He just cant do that blowing coke and abusing weed. Both fights would be different, if there was a level playing field. For example Jones reflexes were noticeably slower after the second round in the OSP fight, that is largely due to gassing. Jones cardio was amazing in both fights vs DC and he was on the back step.

Let's just say I do see Jones beating DC without cheating due to DC being smaller and Jones having a tough style for him to crack but if I had to guess I would say juicing helped him more in the first fight because DC didn't do himself any favors in the second.

I think it factored how ridiculously well that weight cut went

He was very well conditioned too.

I think he beats dc regardless, and dc is on shit based on his weird ratios in the first fight. But either way it's bad on Jon for not keeping it under wraps

You have no reason to believe he would have beaten DC regardless. It should be obvious at this point Jones NEEDS PEDs to compete. He is probably mentally too weak to try without them because he has been using his whole career.

It would be funny if in an alternate universe the TRT ban was introduced AFTER the Cormier/Dan Henderson fight, and Henderson won impressively, perhaps using his TRT strength and speed to stuff Cormier's takedowns and land the H-Bomb in the first round. Perhaps sherdoggers would be discussing whether Henderson could have beaten Cormier without the TRT. I guess it would be split 50/50 those saying he could have or he couldn't. (Henderson also an Olympian wrestler, TRT doesn't make Cormier leave his chin exposed for a H-bomb etc).

Let's just say I do see Jones beating DC without cheating due to DC being smaller and Jones having a tough style for him to crack but if I had to guess I would say juicing helped him more in the first fight because DC didn't do himself any favors in the second.

Fair enough. Now we will never know, if DC was good enough to beat Jones. Sad part of all this.

My belief is he would have won both. Jones had so many advantages, yet I thought cardio was the factor in both fights. DC was slowing down in the third round in the second fight, while Jones looked fresh af.

I hope Jones is suspended for years. Can't have someone fucking up the sport on roids like he does. No one wonder he won. DC is beating him and he pulls that kick out of his ass. GTFO

OFC it plays a huge factor..

Are you telling me the likes of Overeem (off Roids) or Hendricks (post usada) and many other fighters dont look a lot worse/different?

Fuck me Belfort was murking everyone on TRT.. the minute he gets off he loses practically every fight.. and yet you clowns don't think if would make a difference??????

No. I hate drugs and cheaters but this time the drug isn't a factor. Headkick is headkick.

Yep that's why TRT belfort was headkicking the likes of Rockhold and Bisping.. then got off the juice and can barely win a fight..

Steroids don't just make you stronger.. they allow you to train longer and longer and give more chance to perfect techniques/skills in the gym.. nevermind the stamina to actually throw those type of strikes

Anyone remember Jon saying he was working out 4 times a day? i wonder how he did that.. even Cormier calles bs on it at the time

He looked worse physically, so he was off roids for the most part

In all likely hood he took teroids to get more stamina on fight night

Two first rounds were close, would prob be DC dominating if Jones wasn't on roids
DC was much better in the 1st rounds. Do you think a clean Jones would gas and quit within those two rounds? Would have never had a chance to throw that KO kick...

Back