Do you think Jones being on steroids was an influential factor in the results vs. DC?

Uh, yeah.

If PEDs had no beneficial effects no one would be abusing them.

Imagine Jones never took any PEDs his entire life, would he have the same incredible strength and chin? Probably not.

Yes. In particular because DC claims Jones was the strongest guy he ever fought.

Of course the roids helped Jones. How can anyone even deny that? He's a coward

People dont often talk about the mental advantage they give you. Do i think Jones is better fighter and can win without them? Yes. But do i think he feels more confident using them and we all do things better when we fully believe we can do them. So not only do they bring physical advantage, but thet bring confidence these guys wouldnt have

The fact that steroids were in play calls everything (this fight and all of his previous fights, since it's not his first failed drug test) into question. There's an asterisk next to everything Jones has done and will do in the future.

I think he still would have found a way to win. But would have been tougher, i cant deny this time though it looked like he did take steroids intentionally even though i defended him the first time.

I just dont get why risk it for an edge when he could still win without them.
The boy is not an alpha. He has no confidence in himself and would never risk losing to DC so he had to juice, USADA be damned.

DC must feel horrible. Jones getting flagged in two of their scheduled fights.

Trying to grasp what that would feel like for DC and I just can't.

Plus the first fight shouldn't have gone ahead as just tested positive for coke few weeks out. Testosterone levels fucked then also cheated then for sure. Tried to cheat every time

We have to assume its the only reason he won.....

I do not think Jones juicing was the influential factor in his second DC fight, a pill or an injection does not make Daniel drop his face and arms into jones head like an amateur to get knocked out by a kick, also, steroids do not give Jones the ability to set up the kick beautifully, that credit goes to Jones and his camp for figuring Daniel out.

I do however think steroids/juicing/cheating have been the reason for why Jones has been so dominant and also undefeated throughout the course of his impressive career. I sure thought he could have won/lost/draw that Gus fight, who knows what could have happened without drugs? (because as of now we just have to assume he has always cheated, that's the way it works with these situations)

So in summary.

No Jones did not beat DC the second time due to drugs, that set up and follow up was a thing of beauty.

Yes, Jones has cheated throughout his career and it has been a combination of skill/juicing/bigger than all of his opponents (remember, when he fights guys that are tall or his size he doesn't loo nearly as good) and this has been the reason he has been so dominant.

Yes, he is a fucking embarrassment to the sport and I hope he never fights in the UFC again. I do want to see him fight though but not in the UFC, he does not deserve to fight in the top organization anymore.

Trying to be as fair as I can.

Back