Do you think Jon Jones is a bad person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than 80% of athletes are on PEDs, taking them is in fact the optimal choice to a fair playing field

I think 80% is really high. But I agree it happens. I was training in an MMA gym back in 2008-2009, doing BJJ, wrestling, and kickboxing, and there were a few guys in that gym that used steroids. And you could just tell which ones were on the juice, because when you grappled with them they were insanely strong for their size. However, there were also guys who were clearly not juicing, and incredibly naturally skilled.

I have no idea if my experience in one (admittedly not UFC calibre) MMA gym is indicative, but it seems more like ~10-20% of the guys were juicing. I suppose you could argue that as you progress to the Bellator and UFC level of MMA, the number of steroid users increases.

Nope. I think he's a decent dude overall.

Just not a perfect human being, has made some mistakes as we all have.

Even hitting a pregnant woman with a car, I think It's more how you come back from It as a person / In your life.

People are generally hypocrites when It comes to this kind of thing and I expect responses to this comment that reflect this.

The reality Is that none of the haters are by any means saints, far from It and would be wise to take a look In the mirror at themselves.
I've never hit a person in my car and then ran away. Pretty sure majority of people have never done this. I've never been in trouble with the law. I've never done hard drugs. I've never cheated on my gf/wife

Guess I'm a hypocrite?

lame... you are trying way to hard bud

guaranteed he gets popped for roids again before his carreer ends and now he can't use his limp dick as an excuse
"Trying way to hard" to do what exactly?? It wouldn't remotely matter if he popped again and then punched a newborn baby in the face while burning a stack of bibles. There's nothing he can do that takes away 08'-14' when he ran roughshod over the absolute best LHW's in the world. (When TRT/TUE allowed EVERY fighter to use MUCH harder gear). Facts are facts. It's just as ridiculous as implying that OJ Simpson wasn't one of the greatest running backs ever because he's a piece of shit murderer. One thing has nothing to do with the other yet it's difficult for some people to accept that reality. Is he unlikeable? a sociopath? narcissistic? immature? ....perhaps. Regardless he's STILL the greatest LHW ever.

a good rule of thumb is that if a person acts like an asshole they are probably an asshole

that doesn't mean that Jones is "all bad". that is not how life works

He didnt come off as the genuine nice guy they tried to convince us he was. He took Rashad's spot,and then was a jerk to him before the fight. Went up to him in a nightclub saying that he was gonna fuck him up at the fight and all this shit that he didnt have to say. Circumstances put them in that spot,but that didnt mean Jones had to rub it in. Then his partying got outta control,and finally he had to cheat to win. He was on Joe Rogan's podcast telling Joe that he would quit weed,but he didnt think he had to quit alcohol. huh?!!?
I am sure he had the same mentality about taking PED's as well. You'd think only an idiot would try to do that after what happened at ufc 200..or just he probably really doesnt think he can compete against DC if he doesnt juice.

Either way,im done with Jones. I hope he gets the stiffest penalties they can give him. He doesnt deserve another chance. He hasnt admitted anything,theres been no real remorse over anything hes already done,hes just sorry that hes gotten caught. In denial,and propped up by his dwindling fanbase,who are driven to say that they "dont care if he takes peds,he is still the best." How retarded does that sound?

"Shut up DC and let Jones cheat to beat you,you know hes better,even without peds,but he should take them anyway"

"Trying way to hard" to do what exactly?? It wouldn't remotely matter if he popped again and then punched a newborn baby in the face while burning a stack of bibles. There's nothing he can do that takes away 08'-14' when he ran roughshod over the absolute best LHW's in the world. (When TRT/TUE allowed EVERY fighter to use MUCH harder gear). Facts are facts. It's just as ridiculous as implying that OJ Simpson wasn't one of the greatest running backs ever because he's a piece of shit murderer. One thing has nothing to do with the other yet it's difficult for some people to accept that reality. Is he unlikeable? a sociopath? narcissistic? immature? ....perhaps. Regardless he's STILL the greatest LHW ever.
This is a "real response" that I would expect a rational jones' fan to express, however, you don't see many like this. He accomplished a lot and I can appreciate that but the way in which he accomplished it leaves me feeling that he is a great fighter but not the greatest. He has literally flunked every "greatest test" post-USADA. He looked like anything but the greatest against St. Preux and has not been able to step in clean in any of his other fights. As for his run before USADA, how he used the "eyepokes" to turn the corner in many of his fights puts him in the "cheat/fraud" department and his consecutive steroid/PED busts cement him as a fake. What I also can appreciate about a post like yours is that you don't go the typical jones fan route of claiming that he would have won regardless of the PEDs because jon jones doesn't believe that himself.

Do you think he is just an asshole or he really is a bad, deplorable person?

There is deff something fake about him but some people say he is a sociopath, evil, disgusting etc.

Thoughts?
jon-jones-3.jpg

I think you should reconnect with your father if you need a role model.

Since when is it relevant for cage fighters to have a nice personality?

LOL GTFO.

He fights like he lives, balls to the wall, doing crazy ass shit.

Accidents happen, but a hit and run is suspect. I don't condone it but I can understand a little kid being scared but Jones was a grown man, not to mention he ran back into his car to grab his cash and his drugs and fled the scene.

Then there's the cheating but infidelity happens and doesn't necessarily make you a bad person unless you have numerous kids and continue to cheat and cheat and cheat. Then get caught with crashing his Bently with two hookers in there...I mean girlfriends who weren't his fiance.

Of course a few hit and runs/accidents and you lose your license so what does a normal, good person do? Go drag racing and then mouth off.

Has a coke habit but come on, we all have bad habits and while this is really bad, being a coke head doesn't make you a bad person.

Of course there was the brawl where he had to attend anger management courses which is fine until you realize he didn't attend any of those classes and had his manager go and forge his signatures for him.

Oh yea, he's been caught cheating using actual PEDs twice.

Lastly, the worst kind of people are the preachy people who act like they are holier than thou and then you find out they are actually worse than the same people they are preaching again. Example, Jones proudly talked early in his career about "snitching on the potheads in highschool" to get them in trouble and he becomes a full blown steroid abusing coke head while having a biblical verse tattooed to his body

In short, he's not a good person and not the kind of person you'd want as a friend, right Rashad?

I know that you are especially sensitive when it comes to jones but I'm not "bothered" by him. If his story stayed out of Sherdog, we wouldn't even be discussing him, now, would we? As for the "best day of her life", think about what you just said there... you think that it is better to just leave an inured person, not knowing if they are alright or not, and then turn yourself in later with an attorney? Damn, Payne, I hope you or someone like you never runs into my family or I in the streets. You should hope that you or someone like you doesn't run into YOUR family because that is a pretty crappy way to view an accident.

Your two sides to every coin view goes out of the window as jon told his "side of the coin" and admitted that he pulled a punk-ass move. Do you remember the line where he says "I'm glad that her baby didn't die because then I would have been in a whole lot more trouble"?

Payne, you were right to jump off the band wagon... don't sneak your way back on.

If I ran into you and your peoples car I'd stick around I'm not a celebrity with sh!t in my car and big fame to lose so I'll stay on scene. As for Jon wishing the the mother and baby well as he should and I'm sure she was well compensated for her pain, suffering, & trauma, so why keep going on like she's on deaths bed and the baby was somehow harmed is a bit beyond me? And truthfully I didn't follow the story that closely and not privy to all comments made.

As for me jumping off the band wagon I was never on one I've been a solid fan of the man and still am, band wagons are for fair weather fanz and that's not me.

I will forever be disappointed in JJ because he was sponsored by Nike and completely fucked it up. I would have loved some Nike MMA/grappling gear to train in.

F you Jones and your Philipinos 3:14.

Crash into pregnant lady.
Run away.
Go back to get drugs.
Run away again.

Yeah, I'm gonna go for "bad person" here.

He is an asshole and sometimes a degenerate but he is the GOAT. I hated his shit all the way until after the Glover win it was just a masterpiece then beating DC and that's I accepted he is the GOAT. I'm stoned and telling stories eat shit

There's no doubt that he is a bad person. When you return for your money and drugs but leave a pregnant woman injured and to deal with your mistake then you might be morally bankrupt. Just my opinion.

His PED use doesn't make him a bad person, his behaviour does.

Yes, he's a bad person. More so because he such a hypocrite about it.

jon once helped coach jackson n wink to catch a crack head who stole old ladys gps..a person who is capable of these type of heroic/brave actions cant possibly be all bad right.. hehe

on a serious note
only thing dat really bothers me is dat hit n run incident.that makes him a pos no matter how u look at it.part of me wants to belive he would have helped if he knew it was a pregnant woman.maybe in his reckless retarded coked up mind he thought he hit another ashole just like him, n thought the guy is gonna be fine..am really reaching here i know

like most of us he is probably good and bad.humans are complicated n fuked up

If I ran into you and your peoples car I'd stick around I'm not a celebrity with sh!t in my car and big fame to lose so I'll stay on scene. As for Jon wishing the the mother and baby well as he should and I'm sure she was well compensated for her pain, suffering, & trauma, so why keep going on like she's on deaths bed and the baby was somehow harmed is a bit beyond me? And truthfully I didn't follow the story that closely and not privy to all comments made.

As for me jumping off the band wagon I was never on one I've been a solid fan of the man and still am, band wagons are for fair weather fanz and that's not me.
All good. I just think, fame or no fame, man up when you need to man up.

I think you should reconnect with your father if you need a role model.

Since when is it relevant for cage fighters to have a nice personality?

LOL GTFO.
It is relevant when they cant hold on to their title,or even fight,because of their STUPIDITY

Even if you are willing to forgive ALL the shit hes done,and make your excuses about it...He has never shown any real remorse for anything that happened,and you get the feeling he would do it all again if he could get away with it,and will keep at this until he has no more soul to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back