Do you think GSP ever planned on defending the MW belt

Do you think GSP ever planned on defending the MW belt

• Total voters
Once his ppv numbers came back strong he was doing what ever the fuck he wanted. Good on him I say

Lets just cut to the chase and take a poll.
this was clear as it could be.
And now GSP is not even faking it anymore.
he won the belt, he wants out of the division he held up for a full year.

this was clear as it could be.
And now GSP is not even faking it anymore.
he won the belt, he wants out of the division he held up for a full year.

100% agree. GSP fans are quite gullible.

what you just said has nothing to do with the thread. the thread is asking whether we thought he ever had intentions to defend the 185 belt. none of us think he did. how he did in the fight is irrelevant to this discussion.
well i said i didn't think he was gonna defend, so i gave my answer and was just addressing the biased poll.

you can calm down.

GSP is a liar and a fraud.

Be a man! Admit it!
lmao be quiet you sad sack of shit.

wow aldo is a fraud! got fucked up the first time he fought legit strikers! he also said he would fight conor " anytime anywhere " but didn't step in for RDA, what a liar and a fraud!

you're so threatened by GSP it's pathetic, you need help.

Wrong, NSAC enchanced testing which used USADA collectors and labs started in December 2013. Dimspace talked about that several times. Funny that GSP retired right before they started doing a more comprehensive drug panel. GSP is a very easy case to spot

Find a llink stating that. I think you're a liar.

It's pretty obvious isn't it? GSP could have faced whoever was the MW champ in Nov 2017. Instead he stalled the division to make sure he got Bisping.

Between June 16 and Nov 17 we could have had Jacare, Romero and Whittaker all fight for the title. GSP selfishly held up the division for a favorable match-up.

That's not what happened, is it? They planned Bisping VS Whittaker, but Whittaker was hurt, so they went back to GSP.

Why is it GSP fault again? Bisping was the champ, the UFC are making the fights. But somehow, it's GSP's fault. You have a big bias.

Look another thread of GSP haters having a circle jerk what's new.

well i said i didn't think he was gonna defend, so i gave my answer and was just addressing the biased poll.

you can calm down.

How is the poll biased? what evidence do you have to say that?

Nope.
Plan was either to get it and...

A. Defend belt vs McGregor at 185
B. Fight McGregor at 170lbs
C. Fight Woodley at 170lbs to hold on to two belt briefly at once until the UFC strips him of the 185lb belt
D. Retire with yet another belt to piss off Dana by making the already 185lb paper belt even more of a paper belt like he did to the 170lb belt.

So 81% of people who voted are just haters lol ok
No where did I state that. Learn to comprehend English language and not assume. We all know you look like an ass when assuming. One can skim through this pathetic thread and see for themselves. Now go away until you can read.
Not to mention anyone who uses common sense and states facts for GSP are nuthuggers but you can't detect that blatant hate and discrediting of GSP is laughable.
Edit: For the record I didn't think he would defend either.

Last edited:
He had no plans to ever stay at 185. I'm not knocking him for it as it was a very smart, calculated move by him. He saw an easy fight with a Bisping he knew he could beat. He doesn't want any part of the murderers row at MW top 5-7.

That's not what happened, is it? They planned Bisping VS Whittaker, but Whittaker was hurt, so they went back to GSP.

Why is it GSP fault again? Bisping was the champ, the UFC are making the fights. But somehow, it's GSP's fault. You have a big bias.
GSP was requesting the fight. That's why it's his fault. He started requesting it in June of 2016. That's why the division got stalled. If he waited until he was ready to fight, the MW division would have never been stalled. Instead, he decided to call out Bisping instead of simply fighting whoever was champ in 2017. He is as much to blame as the UFC.

Yeah, GSP was looking for a belt and a new notch in his bow. Can't blame him for that, but it's getting to the point that UFC Champions should not be considered Champions, when they refuse to defend their belts, even once.

GSP
GDR
Conor

Anyo e else to add to the list?

GSP was requesting the fight. That's why it's his fault. He started requesting it in June of 2016. That's why the division got stalled. If he waited until he was ready to fight, the MW division would have never been stalled. Instead, he decided to call out Bisping instead of simply fighting whoever was champ in 2017. He is as much to blame as the UFC.

Yeah, a "kid" asking for something and getting it is as much to blame as his parents caving in.

The UFC's managers are the ones in authority. They should watch for every fighters and for the sport. GSP should think about himself. And yet you're blaming GSP for no thinking about other fighters, as if EVERYONE doesn't want to get the money fights.

The UFC decided to act as if the belts meant nothing, going from "a real contender will fight for the title" to "let's make the fight that will make the most money". It started before GSP too.

Yet another ignorant post

Being big AND lean implies that you are on steroids

Taking steroids doesn't imply that you will be big and lean

This really is Logic 101, something you ought to be taking if you want to partake in intelligent discussions
LOL ok chief. How do you have time to post on Sherdog with all the demand for your lab skills and the eye test you came up with? Do you only do USADA for UFC fighters or are you involved in Olympic testing?

You claimed GSP looks like he is on steroids. Did Barnett and Royce look like they are on Roids? Being lean is an indicator of being strict on what you eat. Every fighter "Looks" like they are on something to the ignorant when cutting weight or competing in the Octagon. They are lean due to weight cutting. For all we know Roy Nelson is on roids but we certainly know he isn't strict on his diet. The thing is Roy has never popped.

Yeah, GSP was looking for a belt and a new notch in his bow. Can't blame him for that, but it's getting to the point that UFC Champions should not be considered Champions, when they refuse to defend their belts, even once.

GSP
GDR
Conor
Conor

Anyo e else to add to the list?
FTFY

Back