Do you think GSP ever planned on defending the MW belt

Do you think GSP ever planned on defending the MW belt

• Total voters
No, GSP is a tactician, he plans everything. The greasing against BJ Penn, retiring right before strict drug testing(3 weeks), cherry picking Bisping and thus holding up an entire division and so on.
Taken from the USADA website:
UFC announced the program on June 3, 2015, and the UFC Anti-Doping Program went into effect July 1, 2015.

UFC 167 GSP vs Hendricks was on Nov 16, 2013.

Nov 13, 2013 + 3 Weeks = July 1, 2015?

GSP won the MW title Nov 4, 2017 and you post he is "Holding up an entire division" Dec 6th, 2017. So 32 days without a defense = holding up a division? I guess you think GSP should be stripped so what about Conor? I guess they should just execute him right?

I see that fight as a tune-up fight and I don't think GSP was happy with his cardio/speed at MW, so he's going back in the division where he's at his best. Can't blame him.

Bisping was a good tune-up fight for GSP after a 4 years break, and I don't think he was interested in that MW belt tbh. He was interested in fighting Bisping, period.

Can't wait to see him fight at WW. I think he beats Woodley without much trouble

Taken from the USADA website:
UFC announced the program on June 3, 2015, and the UFC Anti-Doping Program went into effect July 1, 2015.

UFC 167 GSP vs Hendricks was on Nov 16, 2013.

Nov 13, 2013 + 3 Weeks = July 1, 2015?

GSP won the MW title Nov 4, 2017 and you post he is "Holding up an entire division" Dec 6th, 2017. So 32 days without a defense = holding up a division? I guess you think GSP should be stripped so what about Conor? I guess they should just execute him right?
Wrong, NSAC enchanced testing which used USADA collectors and labs started in December 2013. Dimspace talked about that several times. Funny that GSP retired right before they started doing a more comprehensive drug panel. GSP is a very easy case to spot

so we can be absolutely sure 18.6% of sherdog is full retard

He wanted no part of Whittaker and thats the bottom line

Or Romero, Rockhold, Jacare, Brunson and even Kelvin. GSP is massively undersized for MW, he just wanted a high profile fight with a lot of cash.

Didnt he say in the after fight rogan interview that he wanted to go back to WW?

Would love to see him take on some of the top MW's, I would not pick him to win, but its still a huge challenge and would get past holding up that division.

Wrong, NSAC enchanced testing which used USADA collectors and labs started in December 2013. Dimspace talked about that several times. Funny that GSP retired right before they started doing a more comprehensive drug panel. GSP is a very easy case to spot
OK whatever you want to believe. Your eye test should be used by USADA. Which one of these looks like a steroid user?
upload_2017-12-6_18-43-44.jpeg
20140801124400_IMG_2688.JPG

upload_2017-12-6_18-44-36.jpeg

After I heard him say that unifying the belt was in his contract, I figured he'd find a way to never fight again without looking like a blatant pussy.

OK whatever you want to believe. Your eye test should be used by USADA. Which one of these looks like a steroid user?
View attachment 309229
20140801124400_IMG_2688.JPG

View attachment 309231
Yet another ignorant post

Being big AND lean implies that you are on steroids

Taking steroids doesn't imply that you will be big and lean

This really is Logic 101, something you ought to be taking if you want to partake in intelligent discussions

It's pretty obvious isn't it? GSP could have faced whoever was the MW champ in Nov 2017. Instead he stalled the division to make sure he got Bisping.

Between June 16 and Nov 17 we could have had Jacare, Romero and Whittaker all fight for the title. GSP selfishly held up the division for a favorable match-up.

I think he was open to it, hence it being in his contract, but he's clearly having second thoughts now whether that's due to the medical stuff or something else.

I like to think he did, but I understand that it doesn't look good... so who knows. I don't really care what his intention was... just glad he's back & looking forward to him fighting again no matter who it is.

He flat out said before he came back that he had a plan. He wanted to win the MW title, drop down, win the WW title and then do a super fight with Conor.

Georges kinda won me over after the Bipsing fight and now he's back on my shitlist. UFC is more to blame because they are letting him run the show for the sake of PPV guys at the stake of devaluing integrity and their title. Nice job to the both of you.

poll is too biased.

i'm a GSP fan and i don't really think he ever planned on defending it, but don't discredit his win.

he's the greatest WW of all time, arguable GOAT, came back after 4 years at a higher weightclass and got a FINISH.
GSP is a liar and a fraud.

Be a man! Admit it!

I think people will now finally accept the truth about GSP.

That he was an opportunist always seeking the path of least resistance without the slightest consideration for fan entertainment.

It’s about damn time.

some people see him as God. There is a guy who goes around justifying every little movement GSP makes.

Never expected him to. Everyone wanted a piece of Bisping because no one thought he was the best MW in the division.

Still, what GSP did was incredible and legit. He's too small for the rest of the division though. The idea of seeing him fight guys like Romero, Weidman and Rockhold just seems plain wrong and irresponsible.

poll is too biased.

i'm a GSP fan and i don't really think he ever planned on defending it, but don't discredit his win.

he's the greatest WW of all time, arguable GOAT, came back after 4 years at a higher weightclass and got a FINISH.

what you just said has nothing to do with the thread. the thread is asking whether we thought he ever had intentions to defend the 185 belt. none of us think he did. how he did in the fight is irrelevant to this discussion.

Back