Do you think Conor will follow Khabib to the ground?

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
Let's say Conor rocks and drops him, do you think he'll follow Khabib to the ground? He didn't follow Nate, landed some good GNP on Eddie. Don't know how Khabib if off his back but I think any sort of grappling should be avoided, unless he is hurt real bad.
Conor has got to be wary of this too, I think.

If he drops him, he will diffidently follow up.

Khabib will be seeing stars

Khabib will be sleeping, so why not?

Dude wouldn't follow Diaz to the ground. No way he takes the risk of getting grapple fucked.

This is one of the reasons I don't give Conor much chance.

He has to basically put out a guy who has never been rocked with one shot... Conor has done this how often?

Now against the biggest and best wrestler he's ever fought within the first two rounds while he still has power and is tentative about the td?

I don't see it.

Last edited:
Tough call, I have a feeling he won't and just stand it back up

How's Conor gonna knock Khabib down while laying on his back?

Let's say Conor rocks and drops him, do you think he'll follow Khabib to the ground? He didn't follow Nate, landed some good GNP on Eddie. Don't know how Khabib if off his back but I think any sort of grappling should be avoided, unless he is hurt real bad.

Nope ..see Conor vs dias 2..for proof rounds 1 and 2 never followed up..same here..he can't afford any grappling in this fight..in my opinion

Dude wouldn't follow Diaz to the ground. No way he takes the risk of getting grapple fucked.

This is one of the reasons I don't give Conor much chance.

He has to basically put out a guy who has never been rocked with one shot... Conor has done this how often?

Now against the biggest and best wrestler he's ever fought within the first two rounds while he still has power and is tentative about the td?

I don't see it.

dude how many of conor's fights have you watched...he ko'd aldo dead with 1 punch...he ko'd pourier dead with 1 punch...he ko'd mendes dead after he got up, with 1 punch...go watch his fights in cage warriors and see how many punches conor has to land flush to hurt and get you out...remember, the follow up strikes conor lands once he knocks you down, are almost always just to get the ref to step in...they were already finished....khabib has never fought anyone even remotely close to conor as far as speed, accuracy, power and timing...not even close...

and khabib doesn't have nearly the submission skills that nate has...while khabib is a great wrestler, he doesn't have many subs in the ufc...he beats on your for the whole fight..that's how he wins the majority of his fights...not by submission...

dude how many of conor's fights have you watched...he ko'd aldo dead with 1 punch...he ko'd pourier dead with 1 punch...he ko'd mendes dead after he got up, with 1 punch...go watch his fights in cage warriors and see how many punches conor has to land flush to hurt and get you out...remember, the follow up strikes conor lands once he knocks you down, are almost always just to get the ref to step in...they were already finished....khabib has never fought anyone even remotely close to conor as far as speed, accuracy, power and timing...not even close...
He followed Aldo and Dustin to the ground and finished with GNP.

I don't see him risking that with Khabib unless he's completely out because he's the best grappler he's ever faced. He's been much more tentative since Diaz 2.

If he drops him, he will diffidently follow up.

Khabib will be seeing stars
i assume so too. i don't think khabib has much off his back. at worst he gets back up.

If he drops him flatline style maybe? Otherwise it seems pretty risky for McGregor to follow him to the ground.

only if conor is stupid.

Yea diaz has a dangerouse ground game off his back and is a black belt in bjj all khabib will do is try and revearse or standup 100 percent conor follows him to the mat if he can get top control

He would but only after multiple knockdowns when it was clear Khabib was only a few hammerfists from being out. Other than that? Definitely not. If he knocks him down only once or twice, he'll just take a step back like he did with Diaz and wait for him to get back up.

Probably not.

Much like Herring vs Big Nog 3 where Herring dropped Nog with a huge kick he didn't follow up for fear of a ground game he had already been destroyed by twice before.

This is the biggest thing for me.

He absolutely, positively, SHOULD follow Khabib to the ground. He was way too wary of following Nate to the ground and thus what could've been TKOs were nothing but knockdowns.

The vast majority of Conor's, heck, ANYONE'S, striking finishes come from a knockdown+follow up. It is extremely hard to one-punch someone. If Conor respects Khabib's ground game too much, then we might witness a repeat of Conor vs Nate 2, where Conor dominates early, but because he can't finish the fight without follow up, he'll eventually tire and lose the spring in his step and the pop in his punches.

No sense in it, if he knocks him down he'll make him get up and he'll floor his ass again for good.

Back