Do you think cases of mass shootings would stop bullying?

TjDillashawCombo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If i was a teenager today i would've think twice before start to bully someone in school, especially lonely and quiet ones. And why does this guys always kill other innocent kids in school who did nothing bad to them? Isn't it more logical to shoot only your enemies? In 4th grade i lived on the same street with the guy who got beaten up because his family was poor. We used to play Super Nintendo together, because he lived literally next door. I remember one time he said that he's going to kill all of them, but not me, even though i wasn't his friend, i was just neutral and didn't participate in bullying. Did you ever participate in school's bullying?

I used to call this girl on the bus "Beach Ball" because she was pretty fat..

I think we were like 10..

I still feel bad to this day...

I also wander if she lost all the weight so that I could wood her now days..

I used to be a big time Bully. I tracked many of them down on social media after I grew up so I could apologize.

But I know there's a ton that I honestly just don't remember. I'm probably on a few "people to kill" lists.

Do I think something that is already happening all the time would stop something else that is already happening all the time?
I'm gonna say no

Would killing people stop bullying? Lolz

Bullying will always happen. Quit being a pussy imo either fight back, talk shit, or you will continue to be weak growing up.

I think the opposite. Bullying is a social habit done to reduce the risk of "others" causing calamity due to their idiosyncrasies differing from the social norm.
On an instinctual level, we bully to correct.

Nope. Humanity is prone to bully others. It's all part of boundaries and stuff. Sad fact today is that parents, the media and current society today dropped the ball on proper resolution of bullying.

If everyone taught that the proper first response to bullying was a square-off and an immediate punch to the face (yes, even for girl-to-girl cases), less intense levels of bullying will happen. When children learn the fact that bully aka pushing boundaries in that certain way has immediate and painful consequences, they would weigh that compared to the joy they get from stepping on others. Those who are reluctant to get hurt back off while those who can hack it will charge into more higher levels of resistance until they get cut down to size.

I think the opposite. Bullying is a social habit done to reduce the risk of "others" causing calamity due to their idiosyncrasies differing from the social norm.
On an instinctual level, we bully to correct.
Those instincts are stronger than fear of death?

Nope. Humanity is prone to bully others. It's all part of boundaries and stuff. Sad fact today is that parents, the media and current society today dropped the ball on proper resolution of bullying.

If everyone taught that the proper first response to bullying was a square-off and an immediate punch to the face (yes, even for girl-to-girl cases), less intense levels of bullying will happen. When children learn the fact that bully aka pushing boundaries in that certain way has immediate and painful consequences, they would weigh that compared to the joy they get from stepping on others. Those who are reluctant to get hurt back off while those who can hack it will charge into more higher levels of resistance until they get cut down to size.
People are also driven by instinct of survival and fear is strong emotion. Kids today grow up knowing that there's long term consequences. It was different back in the day. Immediate punishment is much more important?

Last edited:
I used to be a big time Bully. I tracked many of them down on social media after I grew up so I could apologize.

But I know there's a ton that I honestly just don't remember. I'm probably on a few "people to kill" lists.
How did they respond?

Is the typical school shooter really a victim of bullying? Maybe I'm outing myself as completely uninformed here, but my impression from reading teh media is that most shooters (barring perhaps the Columbine shooters) were voluntary loners rather than actively bullied.

Bullying is such a part of human nature that I doubt you'll ever see it eradicated completely. Hell, adults bully people more than kids do. There's more to bullying someone than just taking their lunch money or calling them fat.

Also, school shootings and the like are such a rarity that most kids probably instinctively believe that they'll never be one of the "unlucky" ones that has to experience one firsthand (adults are very much the same way when it comes to other violent and disturbing crimes like murder, rape, torture, kidnapping, etc.) So I don't see it persuading any bullies from ever taunting or mocking their classmates again.

People are also driven by instinct of survival and fear is strong emotion. Kids today grow up knowing that there's long term consequences. It was different back in the day. Immediate punishment is much more important?
They know, but do they mind?

The time difference between the offense and the punishment has a effect on the deterrence level of a rule. The shorter the interval, the more deterrent it is. A summer break homework has less priority than an overnight homework, and a two-hour activity even more so; it's the power of the deadline. Same with crime and punishment. If a criminal always gets busted 5 seconds after the crime, gets sentenced within a minute, gets jailed withing 5 minutes, gets his ass raped and hour later, gets crunched in his cell half a day later, and by tomorrow gets executed, you think he'll commit crimes? Not unless he's very desperate.

Bullying is such a part of human nature that I doubt you'll ever see it eradicated completely. Hell, adults bully people more than kids do. There's more to bullying someone than just taking their lunch money or calling them fat.
Even animals bully. It's in nature.

If everyone taught that the proper first response to bullying was a square-off and an immediate punch to the face (yes, even for girl-to-girl cases), less intense levels of bullying will happen.
The problem isn't that simple and not all bullies are the same. If you do that to certain bullies, you'd get jumped sooner rather than later.

Why? The bully is going to feel compelled to retaliate otherwise, he's going to get roasted and possibly bullied for being a bitch. What happens next? He and a few of his friends kick the shit out of you after school.

There is no one solution to all bullying.

Is the typical school shooter really a victim of bullying? Maybe I'm outing myself as completely uninformed here, but my impression from reading teh media is that most shooters (barring perhaps the Columbine shooters) were voluntary loners rather than actively bullied.

This is true. Almost every shooter since Columbine has admitted that the fame and attention that those boys received (even if they died before experiencing it firsthand) was their central motive. It's also why some stations have reported that they'll never mention the names of any school shooters ever again, out of hope that it will make a difference.

I used to call this girl on the bus "Beach Ball" because she was pretty fat..

I think we were like 10..

I still feel bad to this day...

I also wander if she lost all the weight so that I could wood her now days..
Might of done her a favour in the long run.

I only lost the weight when I had enough if being picked on because of it.

I keep seeing these cases in the UK where say a 15 year old girl kills herself because someone called her fat over twitter.

WTF!! Why are today's kids so soft??

I know someone who was removed from school for his own safety. As he was getting battered everyday. He didn't kill himself.

No. It would've happened by now.

Besides, everyone thinks "it'll never happen to me!"

People (especially adolescents) don't think they'll never be a statistic for things like consequences of drunk driving, drugs, etc. Why would they expect to be for something much, much rarer, like school shootings?

Besides, nothing stops bullying besides the bully being stood up to (by the victim or someone else), human nature is to be pricks.

The problem isn't that simple and not all bullies are the same. If you do that to certain bullies, you'd get jumped sooner rather than later.

Why? The bully is going to feel compelled to retaliate otherwise, he's going to get roasted and possibly bullied for being a bitch. What happens next? He and a few of his friends kick the shit out of you after school.

Agreed, in my experience though it's very effective. After a physical fight it rarely continues.

Yeah, when i was in 8th grade we had one albino guy in our class. I had to participate in bullying since i was a new kid in the class, but i never actually punched him, i was more in the background pretending being with them. After a while he started to fight back and they became even more vicious and proceeded to beat him harder.

Back