Do you think a prime Rich Franklin could become the UFC middleweight champion today?

Franklin made the best post-UFC career decision ever.

If he got TS against Bisping of course he could. If he had to fight some of those top 5 MWs 1st then no.

Damn right he would be. Rich is number fucking 1

Prime Franklin makes it look easy against current champ Bisping. KO or wide decision win.

Against the others in the top 5, I don't know, but I'd like to see it.

No not the champion Yoel, Bobby Knuckles are bad matches up for him. He was pretty similar to Weidman minus the wrestling and strength. Weidman is Franklin 2.0 plus wrestling

No not the champion Yoel, Bobby Knuckles are bad matches up for him. He was pretty similar to Weidman minus the wrestling and strength. Weidman is Franklin 2.0 plus wrestling
Keep in mind this is only about Ace vs Michael Bisping or Robert Whitaker not any of the other top contenders!

Keep in mind this is only about Ace vs Michael Bisping or Robert Whitaker not any of the other top contenders!

Yes Prime Franklin has a shot of beating current or any version of Bisping, Can't count Bisping out, I give Franklin a good shot against him. Whittaker would beat Prime Franklin on paper

Did his chin grow back? If so I can see him beating bisping. Whittaker hits a lot harder than he seems capable of and I say he'd tko Rich in the later rounds.

Shit, Bisping is technically champion. Yes. But, matchups would be key.
Unfortunately, I'm not able to discuss who he matches up best against.

He'd tool Bisping so bad. Lol!

Rockhold, Romero, Jacare, and Whittaker would all beat him.

He'd give Mousasi and Weidman both a run for their money and capable of beating both,

How are Weidman and Franklin anything alike? Weidman is a heavy handed wrestle-boxer with questionable cardio.

Franklin was a technical diverse striker with excellent cardio and who sometimes KOed people, but wasn't really known for his power.

I don't really find anything similar about them at all.

Really enjoyed watching Rich fight. Miss that guy as champion, was a sad day when he got KO'd by Lee.

How are Weidman and Franklin anything alike? Weidman is a heavy handed wrestle-boxer with questionable cardio.

Franklin was a technical diverse striker with excellent cardio and who sometimes KOed people, but wasn't really known for his power.

I don't really find anything similar about them at all.

Both Franklin and Weidman are very well rounded, usually mixing up their striking to win, Both come in with really good game plans. Weidman doesn't just box. both have good ju jitsu. Both aren't the best strikers in the division but their diversity and fight IQ gives them an edge over their opponents that are better strikers on paper.

Both were very strong and big for the division. Their a reason why there was Franklin weight. Yes Weidman has far superior grappling. But each of their championships runs and how they fought reminded me of each other. Franklin destroying Loiseau is like Weidman-Machida, on paper their weren't better strikers but out struck them.

He'd beat Bisping lmao

He's be top 5

Rockhold gives him trouble, I really don't know who else would though, maybe Whitaker.

IF he fought Bisping straight away than yes

He's not beating Luke, Chris, Yoel and Whittaker though

He might have been able to beat Jacare, depends on how the wrestling plays out

if he fights everyone in the top 5, he losses more than he wins.

But in a one fight scenario, possible. Not likely, but possible.

Rich trained in a shed and was really rough around the edges technically. I don't see him being top 5 nowadays.

Back