Do you still support Paul Daley's ban?

He should've gotten 6 months for missing that cheap shot and that's it.

Spiteful elf Joe Silva would've probably booked him against nothing but boring wrestlers once he returned, though, so I guess we didn't actually miss anything.

Well, Daley had an honourable career since, but it's not like he has been collecting belt or beating all the best guy he faced. I don't think he made himself relevant enough to make the UFC change its mind.

He consistently has exciting fights. For me, that's always enough. Much rather that than some up and comer point-fighting/grappling his way up the ladder.

What he did was totally unacceptable. Not only should have he been life long banned from promotion but also mma in general.

I believe the ban was justified. Im ok w them lifting it now since its been enough time but the ufc doesnt need him.

It's irrelevant because he's doodoo lol. Just got blanketed by Fitch a few months back. Hardly UFC caliber, though I would favor him against recent UFC main card competitor Phil Brooks.

Will Dana ever let Daley back in?

Does he deserve to?

He served his time lol

But he resigned with bellator and is in the WW GP so this thread doesn't matter.

Yes but Bisping should have also been banned. One of my least favorite things about this BS sport is how arbitrary everything is. When to call the rules, how they make match-ups and who they ban or christen.
Yeah, they should've banned Machida for taking illegal substances too, not just for a few months but forever for being a cheating drug fiend. Otherwise it's all arbitrary, right?

The ban was justified. If he were to come back it isn't like he'd be a champion.

He can get back in the UFC; all he has to do is find a bus and throw a dolly.

I still find it hard to defend Daley, even in hindsight. But I think he deserved a 2nd shot.

If Dana can forgive a woman beating Greg Hardy, he can forgive Daley.

I think if he punched someone other than Koscheck than everyone would want him banned.

I think at this stage of the game ufc has to just admit they've no morals and take him back.

Mcgregor committed a violent attack on female ufc fighters while surrounded by a bunch of his drugged up mates.

Lesnar who's been done for steroids is allowed back too.

Jones and his hit and run drug taking steroid cheating ways, they're dying to have him in the octogan.

Bisbing spitting at his opponents team, worse act in my opinion than Daleys little punch and no repercussion if I remember correctly.

Time to let Daley bang again bro.

Is it relevant to the discussion whether he’s still relevant?

He spat on an opponent's cornermen or something like that. People were calling him Spitsbing back then.

Jamie Carragher, a British football pundit, also spat on someone. He issued an apology video and was suspended for the rest of the season. Fast forward to today and the fans have accepted his apology, other pundits found coaching jobs and Carragher is now back on as a sky sports pundit.

They being said, what Bisping did was unprofessional and unsportsmanlike.

Yes I support it. The sucker punch is one of the worst things in existence.

You have these stupid punks that are afraid to fight 1x1, and they'll puss out when you're face to face, but as soon as the tension dies and you start to walk away, these fuckers will suckerpunch you, and then stand over your limp unconscious body and yell "you just got knocked the fuck out!" Like it was some sort of accomplishment. I'm like, "Motherfucker, you're the one that just pussed out 30 seconds ago when we were squared up. The only way you can ever win a fight is by throwing when someone's not looking."

So yes, I hate everything that contributes to that culture. Everyone needs to know that sucker punching is a bitch move. Fortunately Kos, was able to get his hand in the way, but what if he didn't see it coming? He could have been seriously injured. Taking a full force shot from a professional fighter when you're completely unprepared and relaxed is a recipe for permanent brain damage.

Fuck Paul Daley for the rest of his life. I'm glad he's banned, and I'm glad that he sucks at fighting so that nobody's even asking for him to be allowed back in the UFC. Except for a few crazy people ITT

Back