Do you see any potential weight class GOATs in the making?

YoudBeSurprised

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I was watching UFC Top Ten and they were counting down the top title reigns which got me thinking about the best champions today. Do you see anyone who could be the best ever in their weight class currently? For the sake of the thread, my pick is Max Holloway. He has a long way to go for sure, but his finishing ability along with the rising talent at FW could elevate him as the best FW ever eventually.

Stipe on his way to being the most dominate heavyweight champ in UFC history.

I agree that Holloway has a lot of potential at FW, if he gets past Edgar. I could easily see him beating the LW champ right now as well.

Holloway and Garbrandt seems like the obvious choices at the moment - they have a lot of things going for them, but still a long, long way to go!

Conor after Diaz III. Hate him for not defending yet but if you don't understand why you're an idiot. I don't think Conor is scared or will duck Tony. Fuck Khabib.

Cody Garbrandt BW goat
Stipe Miocic for UFC HW goat
Conor, Khabib LW goat

Holloway, DC (if we disqualify Jones), Cody.

Conor already beat Holloway though

Dustin Poirer and Dennis Bermudez also beat Holloway, I'm not going to hold those early losses against him for the rest of his career.

That's like me saying that Joe Duffy already beat Conor.

my pick is Max Holloway. He has a long way to go for sure, but his finishing ability along with the rising talent at FW could elevate him as the best FW ever eventually.

I disagree completely, he's well on his way. I'd call him better than aldo with a win over frankie.

- Longer fight winning streak in UFC
- Has Looked great against Like competition
- Younger
- More finishes
- Win over Former LW Champion
- Much more active

Anyways, Joanna is a shoe-in. Garbrandt can do it too if the next few years go good for him. Stipe is well on his way to being the UFC HW goat. Not sure how long it will take for him to pass fedor as divisional goat though

jj is obviously the goat of her division is a super young division but name a more dominant champ

Whittaker and maybe the up and coming prospect Erik Silva

Back