Do you remember the cringeworthy late 90s early 00's music? Limp Bizkit, Blink182,Kid Rock,Eminem?

I remember growing up and all the white boys would dress like Fred Durst and sag their pants, where a cap on their head (you still have white boys dressing like that with sleeve tats). and also that pop punk garbage with the annoying sound like blink 182 It was cringeworthy then and cringeworthy now looking back at it.

A few gems of white boy pop and crap crap

You forgot Linkin Park!!

I remember hanging out at a friend's house & Linkin Park was playing on mtv. He was digging this new stuff & wanted me to like it.

{<doc}

But then I can't judge him. My band used to cover Good Charlotte & Size 14.

<Kobe213>

But never the less you are from that 80s era of Metallica,Megadeth Metal and the Van Halen's of the Hard Rock scene.

Blink182 were the worst. That one singer has the most annoying, whiny voice.

Limp Bizkit is a better band than they get credit for. I hated them growing up, but as a 32 year old I don't think they're that bad.

It all started like 92' with Nirvana. Shit was horrible but everyone still loves it like its some G-D damned tome of eternal youth. The songs were dumb as shit, the music was simple as shit, the singing was horrible. Best part about it was the drummer and holy shit, he is still around. Hottest girl in my year, Gabriella, would walk around with an In Utero shirt, shit killed me.

Also before everyone jumps on my case, in like 1991 I bought STP not LSD, Damaged, Best Wishes, and Bad Brains. In the used CD section of my local record store. I was never going to be a fan of Nirvana. I discovered great music before shit music.

But never the less you are from that 80s era of Metallica,Megadeth Metal and the Van Halen's of the Hard Rock scene.

I remember hearing nirvana & metallica songs in rotation on our local radios growing up.

We called them wiggers. Do these people still exist? I see skinny jeans now and a whole lot of femininity. The wiggers in my teens usually came from white trailer parks, and were definitely cringey, but most grew up and are nowhere near the slosh you see in white youth now. It's my contention that we should for sure bring back the Spartan hill.

I loved the two Eminem albums when I was a kid. I think there were a lot of good bands from the 90s. Like Tool. Muse also released their first album in 99, which is my favorite.

'Significant Other' was a great album. Only a few songs worth skipping.

Even the bad popular bands of that era (late 90s - mid 2000s) are far far better than anything being released today.

I loved the two Eminem albums when I was a kid. I think there were a lot of good bands from the 90s. Like Tool. Muse also released their first album in 99, which is my favorite.

Tool is fucking awesome.

Sorry but the current state of pop music/mainstream is far worst than anything Blink 182 or Limp Bizkit put out.

Hip hop is horrendous, theres no flow or rhymes just retarded mumbling pauses and noises and kids buy it up.

The Grunge era with Nirvana, pearl jam, sound garden, alice in chains, was the last great era of music, also the old school west coast rap of ice cube, snoop, dre shits on todays hip hop mumbling sound.

These kinds of threads are always full of these kinds of posts... and they're always wrong.

There is great music in every generation and terrible music in every generation.

If you can't find good modern music, you're not looking hard enough or in the right places. I can guarantee that in the last five years there has been is great music created from every single genre imaginable.

I think being a metal fan from a young age has benefited me in this regard a lot. I've NEVER been able to rely on pop culture for my music, so I've always had to seek it out. This habit has kept me drowning in good music my entire life, even now that my tastes have broaden well beyond the metal genre.

Mayberry music threads are always filled with posts by guys who haven't heard a new record in the last decade but still think their opinion is relevant.

Back