Do you remember/miss Unsolved Mysteries?

For anyone reading this: there is about 50 hours worth of Unsolved Mysteries content under the compilation format mentioned above on YouTube, they go by titles like "Missing, Wanted, and Murders", "Weird Legends", " UFOs, Ghosts, Psychics, and Miracles", "Weird Murders"

Damn, no shit. Thanks for the heads up. I think whoever owns the copyright to UM forcibly pulled all the material they could find down a little while back. I guess this is a good way to conceal it.

Apparently the Unsolved Mysteries website is still up and people can still submit cases for what they hope will be future episodes. That's pretty interesting.

www.unsolved.com

For anyone reading this: there is about 50 hours worth of Unsolved Mysteries content under the compilation format mentioned above on YouTube, they go by titles like "Missing, Wanted, and Murders", "Weird Legends", " UFOs, Ghosts, Psychics, and Miracles", "Weird Murders"

This is more or less the DVD boxset I own, plus extras it seems.

What I loved most about full episodes was, you'd get variety:

- Creepy murder, possible serial
- Dog that can smell death
- UFO account with videos
- Mysterious disappearance
- Possible video of bigfoot
- Brutal gangland murder

It was the complete package, every episode!

If you look in the right corner of the internet you can find burned DVDs of the original run. I think I ended up with 20 5-6 hour DVDs IIRC

yeah that show was the shit, unsolved mysteries and rescue 911 used to scare the shit out of me when i was a little kid.

A sherdogger posted a UM youtube video a year or two ago on here. I actually watched it and it was pretty entertaining. There were two segments and each dealt with ghosts/paranormal activity. The first was basically a house being haunted with a spiritual presence, come to find out the house was built over deceased bodies/cemetery. The second was about paranormal activity in I believe Mexico. The concerned family and homeowners hired a paranormal expert evaluate the stone floor because faces would appear and change. Come to find out it was faces of death on the stone floor, I found that segment freaky.

I'd love to have Robert Stack's voice.

This is more or less the DVD boxset I own, plus extras it seems.

- Brutal gangland murder

Variety is good. I watched 6 hours or so of murder segments in a row and it was somewhat depressing

Last edited:
A sherdogger posted a UM youtube video a year or two ago on here. I actually watched it and it was pretty entertaining. There were two segments and each dealt with ghosts/paranormal activity. The first was basically a house being haunted with a spiritual presence, come to find out the house was built over deceased bodies/cemetery. The second was about paranormal activity in I believe Mexico. The concerned family and homeowners hired a paranormal expert evaluate the stone floor because faces would appear and change. Come to find out it was faces of death on the stone floor, I found that segment freaky.

I'm pretty sure UM never covered the Faces of Belmez, must have been a different show

- Brutal gangland murder

Absolutely! It sucks that all the DVDs they released were just segment compilations based on subject matter rather than full seasons of complete episodes. Like you said, the variety is important.

I'm pretty sure UM never covered the Faces of Belmez, must have been a different show

Tank, I am 100% positive the Belmez events were retold on an Unsolved Mysteries episode. I even watched the video right here on sherdog.

Faces of Belmez TERRIFIED me when I read about it as a kid, Im off to check that shizz out now, forgot all about I!

Nope, not on Netflix. If you look through the thread, you'll see that they're only available on DVD and that the DVDs (which are out of print) tend to be fairly expensive.

Well, that's a shame.

Last box set of DVD's I purchased was Tales From the Darkside, and before that, Twilight Zone (80's and early 2000's versions.)

Both were good investments.

Unsolved Mysteries would tie in well with those.

The show creeped me out but I still had to watch it every week.

It was bizarre seeing Stack in Caddy Shack 2.

Back