Do you remember/miss Unsolved Mysteries?

Apparently they shot a lot of Stack's parts in a Masonic Temple. Once again adding the creepiness of the show since I thought only Masons were allowed to set foot in those and the whole Masonic thing is strange anyway

I don't know much about masonry but the temples are awesome looking. . .

temple.jpg

MasonicTemple_GrandFoyer.jpg

masonic5.jpg.CROP.promo-large2.jpg

Unsolved Mysteries was awesome. Perfectly creepy.

They had a really good episode about the Bruce Lee/Brandon Lee family curse.

Unsolved Mysteries was the shit. Easily one of my favorite shows of all time. Was amazing watching all the UFO/Paranormal stories as a kid when you're still young and don't know what to believe yet. Throw in that scary intro music and Robert Stack's creepy ass voice. Show was damn near perfect. Remember being all pissed off at whoever killed or raped a girl and then all the sudden you hear UPDATE and you know they got them...

I actually still DVR the repackaged Dennis Farina episodes. The creepy factor is completely gone. They don't do many UFO or Paranormal stories. Mostly real life murders or missing people. I'd say the one positive involving the Farina episodes is that there's a lot of updates since a lot of time passed from the originals until they made those episodes.

Wish they still did shows like this. They were interesting and useful because it allowed the public to catch these guys.

Watching that while being home alone was creepy. Stack creeped the shit out of my brother, "and that was the last time Jenny was seen alive."

Everyone keeps mentioning Rescue 911. I vaguely remember that shit. It didn't have nearly the impact on me that Unsolved Mysteries did.

It didn't have the same impact for most. I think it came on right before or afterward so that's how people remember it.

Anyone remember Real Stories of the Highway Patrol? Came on after UM and Rescue 911 if I can remember right. Here is the intro. Don't remember the intro at all except for the last few seconds which set off one of those 'whoa haven't thought of that in 20 years' moments.

Was my least favorite of the 3 shows. Cops ripoff.

Loved that show.

Maybe this was covered already, but is it on Netflix?

Unsolved Mysteries was the shit. Easily one of my favorite shows of all time. Was amazing watching all the UFO/Paranormal stories as a kid when you're still young and don't know what to believe yet. Throw in that scary intro music and Robert Stack's creepy ass voice. Show was damn near perfect. Remember being all pissed off at whoever killed or raped a girl and then all the sudden you hear UPDATE and you know they got them...

I actually still DVR the repackaged Dennis Farina episodes. The creepy factor is completely gone. They don't do many UFO or Paranormal stories. Mostly real life murders or missing people. I'd say the one positive involving the Farina episodes is that there's a lot of updates since a lot of time passed from the originals until they made those episodes.

Wish they still did shows like this. They were interesting and useful because it allowed the public to catch these guys.

Well said. I also wish there were more shows like UM. There have been a few that seemed like maybe they had promise (like Paranormal Witness) but it became clear very early that those shows were focused too much on entertainment and not enough on veracity.

As for the Farina episodes, I didn't even know they existed until today. But the more I read about them, the more I think they are something to avoid.

Robert Stack 4 Life!

Loved that show.

Nope, not on Netflix. If you look through the thread, you'll see that they're only available on DVD and that the DVDs (which are out of print) tend to be fairly expensive.

i cant remember the names or a lot of the story but i remember one about a guy who died and he was a donor. the guy who got his heart i think started acting like him and thinking like the donor. anyone know this case?

i cant remember the names or a lot of the story but i remember one about a guy who died and he was a donor. the guy who got his heart i think started acting like him and thinking like the donor. anyone know this case?

I don't know that from Unsolved Mysteries, but I have heard similar stories from other the years, as if organs have their own sort of memory. It's an interesting subject.

I don't know that from Unsolved Mysteries, but I have heard similar stories from other the years, as if organs have their own sort of memory. It's an interesting subject.

late 90s episode. i remember it very vividly. ive googled it but nothing on the show. also i was subbed to a channel that use to upload episodes of unsolved mysteries on yt. it was taken down though.

late 90s episode. i remember it very vividly. ive googled it but nothing on the show. also i was subbed to a channel that use to upload episodes of unsolved mysteries on yt. it was taken down though.

There's a thread on IMDB about that channel. RIP.

Loved that show.

Nope, not on Netflix. If you look through the thread, you'll see that they're only available on DVD and that the DVDs (which are out of print) tend to be fairly expensive.

There's a lot on YouTube

I randomly got a craving for Unsolved Mysteries about 2 weeks ago and binged out hardcore. It's fun to Google the cases to see if there are any updates

I remember watching this show as a kid with my dad, always creeped me out but I loved it.

My favourite show of all time.

Music? Terrifying. Stack? Brilliant. Subject matter? Intriguing, terrifying and brilliant.

It breaks my heart that there isn't a website where you can stream every single episode in full, start to finish.

Youtube used to have a channel but that mainly dealt with individual stories from a random episode, I still watched the lot over a few months. Now its gone! I also used to check google for updates on the stories, as a poster above mentioned.

I bought an Unsolved Mysteries DVD boxset years ago but it was a compilation thing, one DVD on Ghosts, one on UFOS, etc. Was decent but I wanted the entire thing!!!!

I bought an Unsolved Mysteries DVD boxset years ago but it was a compilation thing, one DVD on Ghosts, one on UFOS, etc. Was decent but I wanted the entire thing!!!!

For anyone reading this: there is about 50 hours worth of Unsolved Mysteries content under the compilation format mentioned above on YouTube, they go by titles like "Missing, Wanted, and Murders", "Weird Legends", " UFOs, Ghosts, Psychics, and Miracles", "Weird Murders"

Last edited:
One of the stories on there inspired the beginning of jeepers creepers. It happened not too far from where I grew up.

Yeah, it's not even discrete. They blatantly used an Unsolved Mystery bit for the opening of the movie. The only thing I actually liked about Jeepers Creepers was the first 10 or so minutes now that I think of it.

On another note, the couple are crazy. They could have easily been killed.

[YT]O-pmaY2j8w0[/YT]

Yeah, it seems like everything is segment compilations rather than complete episodes. That sucks, I want the full episodes as the originally aired.

Back