Do you really want to see poor Tony fight the bear wrestler?

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I like Tony and if Lee can pass his guard, then expect this transformation at the of the fight! From this
1200px-Tony_Ferguson_MMA.png

To this
gollum_395_394.jpg

Khabib gonna eat some elbows, for sure. Neither guy is going to come away, pretty.

Eddie Bravo's going to be talkin crop circles, contrails and deep state trying to figure out what happened to his boy.

No I want him to fight McCuck first period.

Don't really care for khabib and think he should fight Alvarez.

Since Tony ran through Tibau in like 3 minutes, but Khabib had trouble and won a close controversial decision over Tibau, that means Tony will run through Khabib. I actually have Khabib as a slight favorite over Tony, but screw off with your MMA Math threads.

Tony can get mauled one second and end the fight the very next.

He is awkward as fuck and while I think Khabib takes the fight, Tony won't make it easy.

I have only seen the fight once when it was live but I swear I remember the round ending with Lee on top in mount raining down punches. I think Tony is fooked on the ground. His only chance is pushing a fast pace and dragging the fight out to championship rounds in hopes that Khabib becomes gassed.

Its like Khabib is the solid bet

But Tony has that X-factor

I want Khabib to win but if Tony does some dramatic come from behind finish hold, out of pure grit and siezing the opportunity, then how could be mad at that?

Ferguson can win this by being active in the bottom, but it's gonna be super hard. It'd be easier if Ferguson had more time, since getting subs on a strong wrestler like Khabib in 5 minutes is nearly impossible. In UFC 1 rules Ferguson would have however long his chin and cardio last, which is most likely a lot longer than Khabib's. But in modern UFC Khabib can easily win via top control, something he wouldn't even be able to do in PRIDE. Rules make fights.

what was Tony talking about khabib missing 1/2 pound last fight ?

and why isn't anyone talking about tony and max taking subliminal shots at each other ?

The more I think about this fight, the more I think Khabib is going to lay a beat down on Tony. Which is hard to imagine since Tony is such a tough fucker. But, his TDD isn’t great. Yes, he has incredible chokes, but he’s going to need to land one while being dumped to the ground. It’s hard to know which way Khabib is going to twist and turn your body to take you down.

Also, I know Tony’s ground game off his back is legit. He’s not some scrub. But there’s very few, not just now, but in MMA’s history, that have the insane top control that Khabib does (the most recent like him I think is Askren and nobody really got up when Ben got them down). He’s a tireless worker and he just smashes shit when he’s on top. Tony will need to hope one of the elbows from bottom slice up Khabib and change the fight but, this one might end up bad for Tony. It might be a worse beatdown than Cain vs JDS 2/3 just because Tony is such a tough guy that he may not ever give up. But that may not be to his benefit here.

Back