Do you play in a band, produce music or are a musician?

Are you a musician?

• Total voters
Did anyone give any more thought to a few of us recording something together? Cos, I reckon that would be fun as fuck.

Something a little different this time, been listening to a lot of japanese metal and thought it would make an interesting blues/jazz cover.

Question to those of you in this thread who have posted your work, how do you record your music?

Might be joining a death metal band soon I saw a few bands looking for vocalists I can do deep lows ala Amon Amarth etc. Sent a demo just waiting to see if accepted

Might be joining a death metal band soon I saw a few bands looking for vocalists I can do deep lows ala Amon Amarth etc. Sent a demo just waiting to see if accepted

Nice...Good luck, dude. It's good that you have stuff to send them.

I remember when my old band was on a vocalist search. It was a pretty awful experience, actually.

We were getting rehearsal spaces by the hour at the time, and we always practiced for 2 hours. Most people didn't have recording equipment at that time, so we'd be going into the tryout blind.

You know within the first 10 seconds of singing if you aren't into their voice/style. The next hour and 55 minutes was Awkward City.

PS: If you come across bands that have been looking for a singer for an extended period of time, temper expectations...they are hoping for some perfect singer to come along. Especially if they don't have lyrics and are just writing instrumentals. I've been in more than one of those bands, and none of them went anywhere.

Question to those of you in this thread who have posted your work, how do you record your music?

Buy usb/firewire soundcard, hook it up to your computer, buy 1 or 2 mics, plug mic into soundcard, press record in your DAW software of choice, play and record yourself.

If you make electronic music there isn't even the need to record yourself with mics, if you only use vsti and plugins you can do everything in the box (meaning in your DAW software).

I almost posted my bands facebook information and then remembered this is sherdog. Ive been here ten years, and you fuckers are relentless. If you are really interested PM me.

I almost posted my bands facebook information and then remembered this is sherdog. Ive been here ten years, and you fuckers are relentless. If you are really interested PM me.

Don't be hesitant man who cares what anyone thinks do your thing.

Don't be hesitant man who cares what anyone thinks do your thing.
Not a chance, if youre curious PM me, i just tried to PM you and Im apparently dumb as a box of rocks! Couldnt find it.

Played music for many years. Pretty hard on myself generally, so I don't really show people much, but here's what I have put out there for folks to check out. All of this is entirely made by me in my bedroom. All (kinda) different styles:

Alt Country/Rock

Hip Hop-ish/Electronica of some sort

Punk/Metal

Probably the song I'm most proud of

Punk/Metal

Hip-Hop

A bunch more on my Soundcloud if you're interested. Those are just the ones I particularly like.

Last edited:
Not anymore. I've been a singer and a composer for about two decades, but have since stopped making music. Drummed, did keyboards and played the guitar if I had to, but had no real interest in any of those. The passion for it got killed due to my compositions and materials getting lost due to my computer of yore going belly up, and my backups being practically worthless, being only about one fourth of my songs and not including the better ones at all. These days my creativity leans toward writing.

The music I made was mainly blacker sort of metal, but I occasionally dabbled with ambient, techno, rap and other weird shit just because being creative outside of the box is fun.
yeah same thing happened to me man :( was the crippling pain i never saw coming. I did get alot of my good stuff online tho before it happened.

I play drums but not in a band. My friends were lazy fucks and didnt want to play any instruments

Play on playa.

drumsticks-animated-gif-1.gif

I play drums professionally, and have worked with many bands over the years. I mainly work with cover acts these days. I've been very fortunate to work in nightclubs all over the globe, usually playing bars attached to hotels. I opened a music school years ago, so its harder for me to take long contracts overseas these days...kind of sucks, I miss being away full time...but yeah, music surrounds my life.

Played music for many years. Pretty hard on myself generally, so I don't really show people much, but here's what I have put out there for folks to check out. All of this is entirely made by me in my bedroom. All (kinda) different styles: (snip)

Just listened to Ratking, really enjoyed it, especially the last 30 or so seconds. Was almost getting a Primus vibe with the jangly guitars, nice work!

Gonna listen to the rest now.

Edit: Wasn't a fan of the electronica one, but that is mostly due to me not being overly into that style of music.

I liked Buckshot Scatterbrain, definitely suitably punky for my tastes.

How do you record your stuff, it is very well produced?

Last edited:
Just listened to Ratking, really enjoyed it, especially the last 30 or so seconds. Was almost getting a Primus vibe with the jangly guitars, nice work!

Gonna listen to the rest now.

Edit: Wasn't a fan of the electronica one, but that is mostly due to me not being overly into that style of music.

I liked Buckshot Scatterbrain, definitely suitably punky for my tastes.

How do you record your stuff, it is very well produced?
First off, thanks for listening. I genuinely appreciate it.

I record on an old Macbook Pro using Logic 9 as my DAW. Outdated, but it still works and I am familiar with it, so I haven't moved on. Addictive Drums 2Amplitube 3 for electric guitar/bass, which I run through my Roland Tri-Capture audio interface. I recorded the acoustics through a Zoom H6 directly into Logic. I could really use that to do all of my recording, but I'm kinda just set in my ways. Great piece of equipment.

Recommend Addictive Drums 2 and Addictive Keys as essential VSTs. There might be newer versions of both at this stage, I don't know. Also anything by Waves.

Last edited:
First off, thanks for listening. I genuinely appreciate it.

I record on an old Macbook Pro using Logic 9 as my DAW. Outdated, but it still works and I am familiar with it, so I haven't moved on. Addictive Drums 2Amplitube 3 for electric guitar/bass, which I run through my Roland Tri-Capture audio interface. I recorded the acoustics through a Zoom H6 directly into Logic. I could really use that to do all of my recording, but I'm kinda just set in my ways. Great piece of equipment.

Recommend Addictive Drums 2 and Addictive Keys as essential VSTs. There might be newer versions of both at this stage, I don't know. Also anything by Waves.

Thank you for answering. I am also set in my ways, I record all of my stuff through my admittedly pretty cheap mic into Audacity. Doesn't come out that polished, although I am gradually teaching myself better production/recording techniques to get better sound.

It is mostly a hobby to me, rather than anything else.

Again though, kudos, you do fantastic work!

Back