Do you play in a band, produce music or are a musician?

Are you a musician?

• Total voters
We should all record something and make a song somehow.
Any ideas on how you might do that? Sounds like a fun idea.

This album was written and recorded by a drummer and a guitar player/multi-instrumentalist on opposite sides of the country. They just recorded their parts on 4-track and sent them to each other.

Also this song was played/written by about 50 people worldwide, all street musicians, and mixed/mastered by the guy in charge of the project. Awesome stuff.

You'd just need to send parts.

I'm an upper coming musician. I was born on the North Side of Minneapolis, it's kind of rough. Music has been always been a big influence in my life. Started out listening to 90's rap like 2pac and Biggie and NWA. I'm just trying to put my music out there so people can enjoy and relax to it.

I used to play in a band as guitarist but we didn't have a shared vision, and I wasn't happy with what we ended up composing and playing (sort of very bad copy of Mogwai...), also the other guitarist was a total hipster elitist hack (couldn't play for shit but all his pedals were rare analog custom made by jesus himself and all that bullshit...)

Now I make mostly electronic/ambient/trip hop music alone but I am still not entirely satisfied with what I produced, if and when I'll be I'll probably release it on bandcamp, that's the plan at least.

I'm a musician. I was in some bands years ago and did reasonably well on the local level. Played lots of parties, local clubs and the like. Never got any further than that but I got to feel what its like to play in front of a pretty big crowd, had a live performance broadcasted on the radio. Seemed pretty cool at the time.

Pretty much like most young musicians, reality set in and I realized I needed to find a steady job if I ever wanted to have things. Sort of gave up on playing professionally.

I also got sort of tired of playing heavy music. Everyone wants to play metal. When you play in bars and stuff and try to play metal, everyone just stands there and stares at you.

I miss it sometimes. Still play at home, love gear and modding but thats probably about it for me. Maybe at some point, I'll get back into home recording but I was never a songwriter, so I always felt sort of lost recording on my own.

A friend and i used to be buskers in Brisbane around 15 years ago, we were called The Bollock Brothers! We both played acoustic guitars and i also sang.

New one :), if any you guys have YouTube accounts I'd super appreciate a sub, trying to get to 100 so I can get my custom URL :).

Another old song I wrote.

So I attempted to use Windows Movie Maker to throw some MMA gifs together to make a quasi-video, even trying to time them right, but I soon found out that the program is a piece of shit and spent more time on it than I wanted. After the 1:45 mark, I just said fuck it and threw the same gifs I had saved into it.

you say you're walkin down a lonely road
you say you're by yourself, you just dont know
take advantage of the farthest thing from misery
take advantage of the closest thing that could ever be

heart was an open door. but not anymore.

im going to search for your essence tonight
i'm gonna look for the key to your mind
and then i'm gonna lock myself inside

lets find the answers, and decipher the core
i'll take a walk in tour, i'll love you more
beauty fall from grace, and give me a taste
then just walk away, with all your self ingulence laid

out on the road, with the wind she blows

sometimes i think we talk too much
soon we find we never talked enough
drink away the pain, slowly clog the drain
anticipate the same, and hope tomorrow changes lanes

throw it away. and it'll be all right.

And if I ever lose my head
Then maybe I'm better off instead
outside this plastic little world

Last edited:
Me and my newly formed band are getting together for our first jam this Thursday, just me, the bassist and the drummer as of right now. The Rhythm guitarist might be joining us as well, but as of right now, it's just 3.

shit quality, unmotivated, just something i was messing around with one day..

Thinking of buying a maschine and try making beats as a hobby. Anybody own or use one and like to share their experience/thoughts/tips?

I agree as well and by the way your avatar is quality. Chuck Schuldiner is the greatest guitarist in metal let alone the world in my opinion.
Chuck is a huge inspiration on me, both as a player and as a musician in general. I still remember the night I first heard Lack of Comprehension on Much Loud.

The man, unfortunately no longer with us, was/is one of the most important figures in Metal history.

Thinking of buying a maschine and try making beats as a hobby. Anybody own or use one and like to share their experience/thoughts/tips?

My friend bought one. It was pretty damn confusing and a total pain in the ass to use/play.

I would get a Kaoss pad instead (I already have the mini one which I use as an effects pedal, I love it)

Also if you have an iphone or ipad you can get imaschine for $6 or something, it's can do a lot of the same things for 1/100th of the cost

New one :), if any you guys have YouTube accounts I'd super appreciate a sub, trying to get to 100 so I can get my custom URL :).

I subscribed a while back, you definitely keep busy, just pumping them out. :D

Grew up playing alto saxophone and idolizing Bird.
Started playing guitar in '86.
I've been playing jazz and rock for a while now.
I'm nothing special but have a great sense of melody and tasteful playing supplemented by flash.

Back