Do you play in a band, produce music or are a musician?

Are you a musician?

• Total voters
Newest song I just finished, was a huge pain getting the solo done but I managed :)

I played bass since I was in middle school, playing punk covers with my friends. Nowadays I mostly just noodle around on the ukulele and banjo.

No, but i've always wanted to learn an instrument. I took guitar lessons when i was young, but it was on an acoustic guitar, and me being a kid in the 80's, all i wanted was a flying V with crazy distortion pedals (i was young and didn't know better. How i kick myself now for not sticking with it.) I took drum lessons a few years ago but broke my leg. I was never that great and fell way behind due to my ankle being so stiff. I still have the itch to play music though. I was debating between drums or guitar. I like playing the drums, but wanted to be able to write my own songs, so i recently bought an acoustic guitar at guitar center. I need to learn at least one instrument before i die.

I play guitar, bass, and drums. Spent my college years in a band trying not to fall back on my major, lol. More recently, I've done some session work for local musicians, and I have a part time gig working backstage at local concert venues for national touring acts. It's mostly for fun, but it is nice to get paid to be backstage and see concerts.

I just joined a band with the former guitarist of this band. We play space rock. Thankfully he didn't bring the singer with him.

Have played guitar for just coming upto 17 years or so, had a couple of bands that really didnt get anywhere, sometimes till get the bug to do a new one every and and then.

This is the first song I made on my own, my computer crashed before I could finish it, but what can you do... I put another 24 hours into mastering it and adding to it before my computer crashed so this version annoys me a little, but it's the only version I have left of the song. I had to rip it from my ipod back to my computer as well. The drums are too loud

Apart from the basic drum loop, and some of the synth lines that were looped everything else was writtena nd recorded live, improv style than mixed and mastered on my computer

There's a very long drum intro, because as I said I never got to finish the song, it takes a couple minutes before it really starts.

I used several different drum machines, keyboards, synths, effect pedals, delay pedals, a guitar, a kaoss pad, a nano pad, and an iphone to play all the music

I just joined a band with the former guitarist of this band. We play space rock. Thankfully he didn't bring the singer with him.

You could've started a Nickelback cover group!.. But seriously, I miss being in a band... hope it works out for you.

My newest one :)

You got some really nice solo's, nice tone to the guitar also. Do you like Buckethead?

Heres an original

Nice, I like it. You really get into it.

This is the first song I made on my own, my computer crashed before I could finish it, but what can you do... I put another 24 hours into mastering it and adding to it before my computer crashed so this version annoys me a little, but it's the only version I have left of the song. I had to rip it from my ipod back to my computer as well. The drums are too loud

Apart from the basic drum loop, and some of the synth lines that were looped everything else was writtena nd recorded live, improv style than mixed and mastered on my computer

There's a very long drum intro, because as I said I never got to finish the song, it takes a couple minutes before it really starts.

I used several different drum machines, keyboards, synths, effect pedals, delay pedals, a guitar, a kaoss pad, a nano pad, and an iphone to play all the music

Sounds awesome man. Definatelt had me spaced out :p

Figured Id share some more. Keep the thread going

DOOOPPPPEEEEE!!! Thats really good man

Thanks. Here's one of about 5 that I am working on right now, still messing with the melody/chords/words etc.

Quitting time, again, one step past the grind
Going circles just for kicks
So inclined, to say fuck it all and get out of line
What would happen if I did

The paradigm, has been forever changing, so why even fight?
What's the point in any of it?
It's the kind, that fuels the heart so that it survives
So go ahead and take a hit

Once again, we're sharing a drink called time

In my eyes, I see utopic imagery
In the stars, another perfectly planted seed
In this life, we must wait to take a stand
To be Judged, but I don't see a masterplan

I took classical piano lessons for almost 10 years when I was in school and 6-7 of those were with a person that is a college music professor. When I quit after graduation these were two of the songs I had from memory:

I had a Rachmaninoff piece too but I can't remember which one it was right now. The Bach I was able to play with Pogorelich. As in, start the CD and I could match almost note for note the speed that guy plays at.

Was also a baritone horn player in my high school's marching band. And not that bullshit you see in the movie Drumline but shit like this is what we tried to do:

Back