Do you miss Ben Rothwell ?

Absolutely... goof ball, but he's tough as nails and has a personality.

I think I'm the only person who likes that promo he cut, it was pretty goofy but he was fully committed to it

People on here bitch about midgets and women endlessly but when asked if they miss a top 10 reasonably exciting HW the answer is "nope." I honestly wonder if some people even like the sport at all.

Im not sure that would end well for Ben

S5wL6eS.gif

The UFC version of "This is Sparta!"

USADA'd sadly

Is there a sport that has been more screwed up than MMA by drugs and testing? Cycyling for sure, though it was never hugely popular aside from Lance. Baseball for awhile. I guess some Olympic sports.

Guy has been around a long long time.
He had a good last run.

Saw him fight dan Christianson at trumps Taj mah hall over 10 years ago

It was a pretty brutal stand up fight

Yes, we miss him and great fights like this one against stellar competition.

I do actually, I think he'd be an interesting test for both Stipe and Ngannou.

Nope. He's be nothing more than a punching bag. Watch his fights vs. a younger Arlovski or a past-his-prime JDS. And now Rothwell is older and can't take his PEDs. He's way too slow, plodding and non-technical for those guys.

I got introduced to Ben Rothwell during his IFL run. Solid HW, good movement, but too injured during his UFC run. Solid career though, hope his gym is doing well.

Ben is a dangerous fight for anyone.

He was really unlucky in the JDS fight cause "Carwin" JDS appeared out of nowhere that night... which is a rare thing.

I think that Ben has a shot vs anyone.

I think he would be a way bigger threat for Ngannou than Stipe is.

Nope. He's be nothing more than a punching bag. Watch his fights vs. a younger Arlovski or a past-his-prime JDS. And now Rothwell is older and can't take his PEDs. He's way too slow, plodding and non-technical for those guys.

Again though JDS has a hell of a chin on him as well, Ben actually had his moments in that fight pushing Jnr against the cage but couldn't make them tell.

HW is such a shallow division, of course he is missed. Cain always out, Barnett failing a drug test, Mir failing a drug test and moving on to Bellator, Roy Nelson moving on to Bellator... Travis Browne clearly done as a HW.

The UFC cannot afford to let name heavyweights leave. Otherwise we end up watching the same 5 or 6 guys fighting each other over and over again.

Whats up with Ben, still no fights scheduled ? Is he scared , suspended ,whats happening ?

IhvjX3u.gif

I was never even remotely a fan of this brute.
But hell, I miss that fat goof in the octagon.

unless he can prove it was a tainted substance, he's probably looking at 4 years out

do I miss him? well..the HW division is thin and IMO he's a tough fight for pretty much the entire division. So I guess yes? He would have some interesting matchups. Hope we hear something soon.

Where is the good old Ben?
I like the guy. BTW Anik did not follow up this diamond post fight speech. Anik can be a douche sometimes.

he did all he could to hold the histerical laughter when ben embarrased himself like that.

Back