Do you miss being able to respect the UFC?

stop-whining.gif
I suggest the McUFC sucks

Today UFC is giving us fights no wants to see, forcing us to watch fights that don'tdon't make sense.

Champions are now in full control of their destiny and their hunger for glory and dominance are gone.

The UFC just turned into a easy fights money fights.

And Dana is the one to blame.

I can agree with this.
My biggest issue is that all the things I objected to before, they're doing more of, and taking things further in what I consider to be the wrong direction.
Instant title shots, fuck that
Instant rematches, fuck that
Never scheduling a belt defense, fuck that
Freak show fights, fuck that
Big name dabblers, fuck that
Meaningless belts and rankings, fuck that

Believe it or not, I share your frustration. I really do.

Alas, the shortest book in human history is: "Success stories of the heavily indebted."

Things likely won't get better from here. But they sure as hell could get worse.

I just started following hockey more. I'll come back when the sport becomes more of a sport again.

I don't even watch anymore. I just read the results and look for the fights that look interesting.

Hard to respect the UFC when you have idiots like Marc Goddard.

I don't even watch anymore. I just read the results and look for the fights that look interesting.
And even if I weren't already, I just can't help but think it laughable to pay for an event when I can just read results online or wait until the next morning for free

Fact: If hockey were the UFC Toronto would constantly face Chicago for the stanley cup every year.

Thankfully it's actually a sport and as such the path to the stanley cup has a logical structure based off of performance and skill. And less about who swears the most while wearing sunglasses indoors.

I think you're rocking some serious rose-coloured glasses. This shit has always been sports entertainment. It's become more blatant since the WME purchase, obviously. But I have the exact same amount of respect for the human cockfighting promotion that I always did, it just comes down to if I want to watch their product, and I evaluate that on a card by card basis.

I just wish i could get excited by the events again. I've ditched the last 3 and I can't bring myself to watch em on FP without alcohol to accompany it.

Dunno if i'll bother with Chiesa Lee

This!

Lately I find myself looking at the lineup of a card and saying " Is this really worth my attention?". For the past few years I watched maybe 4 -5 card sin their entirety. Usually I just wait for the replay or highlights to see the outcome. The line up for FN 112 isn't overly inspiring, so not too invested in that one.

Jones - Cormier would have been exciting if not for all Jones' past screwups, now I don't care who wins that one. UFC 213 looks interesting though. Some good fights on that one.

I think you're rocking some serious rose-coloured glasses. This shit has always been sports entertainment. It's become more blatant since the WME purchase, obviously. But I have the exact same amount of respect for the human cockfighting promotion that I always did, it just comes down to if I want to watch their product, and I evaluate that on a card by card basis.
I'm not saying it used to be perfect.
I'm saying it's definitely gone off the rails.

This!

Lately I find myself looking at the lineup of a card and saying " Is this really worth my attention?". For the past few years I watched maybe 4 -5 card sin their entirety. Usually I just wait for the replay or highlights to see the outcome. The line up for FN 112 isn't overly inspiring, so not too invested in that one.

Jones - Cormier would have been exciting if not for all Jones' past screwups, now I don't care who wins that one. UFC 213 looks interesting though. Some good fights on that one.
In fairness, I've been watching forever, and IMO the prelim a8 undercard fights are often some of the best.
But I've never been one of these fans that needs big names and manufactured "stars", I just want to see good fights.

This!

It's funny, I can't remember the last card full card I watched. I used to get a crate of beer and watch all 3 segments; fp/fox prelims/main card but the thought of wmma, sloppy hw gasfests and the fake drama just bores the crap out of me. It's a pity cause I used to absolutely love ufc.

Mind you it could just be me though as I can't be assed with movies/music/reading anymore. Fuck that's a strange realisation

I miss the legitimacy of the belts and rankings.

Back