do you like to lift angry?

reveler

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
watching this video before you lift will do the trick.

No. But i get bored fast when lifting weights.

Yeah I shout like a retard as loud as I can and throw weights af.

not

No, I find form goes out of the window when trying to lift with anger/adrenaline.

On an anger scale of 1-10 I find a controlled 6 gets me a damn good work out without form going to shit

Gym is a good place to go when your mad at the misses lol

I remember listening to an interview with Dr. Stuart McGill discussing on how you need to have that aggressive behavior in order to lift effectively with maximum load.

it depends on the program and your personality the best mindset when lifting....sheiko for example is going to lend more toward a controlled approach because it is so systematic. Programs like 5/3/1 etc where your really trying to crush that top set i think anger or intensity is going to work better. Even a linear progression toward the end can be pretty brutal and you wont even know if you can hit that last set of 5 so i think psyche up plays a role there.

Yes.

When trying to squeeze in the last reps I try to imagine the weights as some sort of enemy literally trying to hold me down. Sometimes I even mutter "fuck you" while finishing the set.

it depends on the program and your personality the best mindset when lifting....sheiko for example is going to lend more toward a controlled approach because it is so systematic. Programs like 5/3/1 etc where your really trying to crush that top set i think anger or intensity is going to work better. Even a linear progression toward the end can be pretty brutal and you wont even know if you can hit that last set of 5 so i think psyche up plays a role there.
Did you use a lot of anger when you crushed that six hundy deadlift?...Oh wait, I forgot, that didn't happen.

would you like to set up a fight spdrew since you know my real name and facebook because i will gladly beat the ever living fuck out of you and let you feel the brunt force of a 600 deadlift

would you like to set up a fight spdrew since you know my real name and facebook because i will gladly beat the ever living fuck out of you and let you feel the brunt force of a 600 deadlift
I don't really know much about fighting, but I do know how to deadlift. Wanna have a deadlift competition?

being that i do not care about lifting numbers much and being that i did not enter the deadlift comp on here what does that tell you?

being that i do not care about lifting numbers much and being that i did not enter the deadlift comp on here what does that tell you?
Maybe, but you were talking a lot of shit when the deadlift competition started. Something along the lines of how you could easily have a huge deadlift if you decided to put in some training. Then you said you'd post a 600 deadlift in the deadlift comp thread just to prove your point. I'm just calling you out on it, that's all.

is the comp even over or are you just looking to start shit because you are bored?

is the comp even over or are you just looking to start shit because you are bored?
Comp ends Dec 31. I just think it's funny how you said you were going to post videos of your "600+ deadlift" yet nothing has materialized.

This is what you said at the beginning of the comp.
Just to prove the point that the majority of posters here choose to be ill informed i will be posting in here periodically my lifts (if they dont ban me out of pure hatred and politics for speakig. the truth lol

Last edited:
i havent even been paying attention to the forum for months now...dont you worry you will get the silly video

i havent even been paying attention to the forum for months now...dont you worry you will get the silly video
We have any sort of expected date for this video to materialize? This year, next year, never?

Back