Do You Like Staind?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
I always enjoyed Staind's music but for some reason I always felt they got a bit of a bad wrap. Like people thought it was corny to listen to their music. I was always a fan of Aaron Lewis and I honestly felt like when Staind was at its best it was a pretty good band. I liked most of their songs. Thoughts?

IMG_0222.JPG

Dysfunction is one of my favorite albums from that nu-metal era. Also in a time when bands were competing for creepiest album covers and artwork. Dysfunction probably had an cober that Korn wished they had. Great album. Every song killed it.

Break the Cycle was good but didn't have the same bite as Dysfunction. After that they have been very filler heavy with a good song here and there.

Last edited:
One response, 47 views...bout answers it.

I dig em. They do depressing better than anyone except possibly Type O Negative.

liked a couple of their songs,but couldn't listen to a whole album.

They were good. I bought break the cycle when it came out in 2001? Good album, have never gotten around to listen to their other stuff.

Chad Mendes uses Aaron lewis' debut single as his walkout song, I guess Aaron is now some ultra conservative. Kind of shocking since I remember them going on Stern's show and always came across as a fun band who didn't take themselves too seriously.

Dysfunction is their only album worth listening to.

Aaron is a good vocalist,singer.His covers are good too

I liked the bass line of Mudshovel. The Break the Cycle on stuff was too depressing and then somewhere along the lines he had that So Far Away song and that was cheesy. I know a lot of people who liked them though at the time and remember in high school it seemed like a bunch of people went to see them with Godsmack before they and they broke out and were all going on about how Staind's performance annihilated Godsmack

Haven't heard enough to really judge. The vocals always sounded like bargain bin Maynard James Keenan though.

It's been awhile.......

Since anyone liked Staind

Their Unplugged was really good. I liked the first half of their career up to Unplugged

Apparently they are better live than they are on a record, they had some good songs, Mudshovel and For You are still in semi regular rotation for me. They got a little too attached to the slower meaningful song type music and got lost in the shuffle when others were doing it better.

The main dude Aaron is doing country now, he's got the vocals for it.

It's been a while and outside are the only songs I like by them.

He borrowed Eddie Vedder's microphone?

I liked most of the nu-metal from that time period. #noshame

Back