Do you like Michael Johnson

Nah

and his recent antics were disgusting
there is hyping a fight and then there is just being a jackass

plus one of the main reason i wouldn't want to support him is because he has all the tools to be a great fighter but he caves in mentally during the fight
that would be annoying to see as a fan when you know he can win but he has a brain freeze and sits back

What's there to hate? i think he just needs better fight IQ & he can win a title, needs to use his wrestling more.

If Gaethje was aware of Johnson's background and new he wasn't well educated I don't think it would be a racially motivated insult (like one of the Diaz brothers for example, one could make an assumption that they don't have much education, and it'd be fair to say said assumption would be independent of any racial motivations).

But I can definitely see what you're saying, and if Gaethje just threw it out there (especially if he knew Johnson wrestled in college or something) then yes, I'd say it's a racist remark. I'm assuming this did happen, otherwise you wouldn't ask. Does anyone know if Johnson wrestled in college or kinda grew up on the street, or what his educational background is?
He got a full scholarship to play football but transferred to another school where he wrestled. I couldn't find any info on whether or not he received a degree or not. I honestly don't think it matters whether or not he is educated. What makes the comment racist/bigoted is that there is a longstanding stereotype that black men are uneducated. So to call a black man "uneducated" can be viewed as racist/bigoted regardless of his educational background. You wouldn't ask, "Well is gaethje inbred?" to determine whether or not MJ's comment was racist/bigoted so why does it matter whether or not MJ has an education?

Yeah, he has good striking, bad match ups lately tho, I don't know if the weight cut affected his cardio but he has been going up against guys with amazing wrestling and or toughness lately and getting out worked or finished. Maybe near the end of the road for him at this stage in his career but they should keep him around, win or lose he is good fight for a lot of prospects in LW or FW

I'm always excited to see his fights, but he's just like his (former) teammates in Rumble and Vitor: some of the best boxing in his division, but his cardio is not elite and once it goes to the ground he's done.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Gaethje first made the "lack of education" comment before the "inbred" comment. Does telling a black man he has a lack of education not have racist implications?
No it’s not racist. People don’t even know what the word means anymore. Its just a way for mental midgets to intimidate others into backing down. It’s a cowardly tactic when the accusation doesn’t fit the accused.

No it’s not racist. People don’t even know what the word means anymore. Its just a way for mental midgets to intimidate others into backing down. It’s a cowardly tactic when the accusation doesn’t fit the accused.

Ever since being an SJW became trendy, the world has actually become worse. And people can't even see the irony.

To me it's not even a matter of liking or dislking MJ personally. It's a matter of him thinking he's much better than he actually is and constantly being proven wrong.

He has good hands, but lacks heart.

Back