Do you like Michael Johnson

Exactly. It was just two fighters saying stupid shit that could or couldn't be racist/bigoted but it seems like most have jumped all over what MJ said as a reason to dislike him but Justin gets a pass.

To be fair you are obviously not giving Justin a pass. Nor should you if you feel insulted.

But calling a person uneducated is nowhere near calling a person inbred and asking whether their uncle fucked their mother.

Are you calling him racist because of the inbred comments?

Yes. And if Gaethje said Johnson probably didn't know his father because he was in jail or just bailed on a pregnant woman I would say the same thing. And there would have been uproar.

As a fighter, he had some good wins (Poirier, Tony, Barboza, Tibau) but he has a shitty record and now he tries to save his UFC career by dehydration.

As a person, number one bullshit for that thing with Gaethje. Cringe as fuck. Not as cringe as Joanna, but cringe enough.

I hope Elkins takes his soul and Johnson goes to Bellator where he will have the same ending as Guillard.

War Elkins!

giphy.gif

i really don't like him.

can't stand his best buddy kamaru usman either.

I don't like him. I am trying to force myself to just enjoy the fights, but if I know from the start that a guy will never be champion, and will lose every time he gets to the top of the ladder, it's hard to be a fan. I need a conclusion at the end of the journey..and being a fan of most of these fighters is like loving a football team every season and they never make it to the big game, much less win it. I only have the basic respect for him, that I do for all cage fighters..but that's it. I'm really against him now, because I think more guys should leave the UFC, get some solid wins and come back to try again...rather than always switching weight classes every time they lose a couple..as if the weight is the reason they are losing. He is just going to end up getting beat by other guys that could never be LW champ and are dieting down...like Jeremy Stephens..etc.
ffs the man is just trying to feed his family lol

Yes. And if Gaethje said Johnson probably didn't know his father because he was in jail or just bailed on a pregnant woman I would say the same thing. And there would have been uproar.
What about if Gaethje said MJ had a "lack of education?"

What? A kid raping pederast? A substance abusing alien who decided he didn’t want to be black anymore and changed his color to look like a Japanese horror movie ghost? You have some shit tastes bro, fuck no!

Oh... Johnson you said... sorry

What about if Gaethje said MJ had a "lack of education?"

If Gaethje was aware of Johnson's background and new he wasn't well educated I don't think it would be a racially motivated insult (like one of the Diaz brothers for example, one could make an assumption that they don't have much education, and it'd be fair to say said assumption would be independent of any racial motivations).

But I can definitely see what you're saying, and if Gaethje just threw it out there (especially if he knew Johnson wrestled in college or something) then yes, I'd say it's a racist remark. I'm assuming this did happen, otherwise you wouldn't ask. Does anyone know if Johnson wrestled in college or kinda grew up on the street, or what his educational background is?

He always takes the toughest fights. Never ducks.
And has performed well in many of them. Has wins over Tony, Barboza and Poirier.
He has an OK win/loss record but some very, very good names on his resume.

Good fun to watch.

For some reason I just really like this guy.

He seems like a cool guy, he fights hard, doesn't quit. Just seems like a quality guy all around. Do you like him or can you think of any other guys in the UFC like him?

Not even a little bit. Called Justin Gaethje an inbred for fight hyping? What a fkn moron, and the beating Habib gave him was world class and well deserved, as well as the beat down Justin put on him

I'll like him even more in a few hours when he beats Elkins...

Back