Do you like Michael Johnson

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For some reason I just really like this guy.

He seems like a cool guy, he fights hard, doesn't quit. Just seems like a quality guy all around. Do you like him or can you think of any other guys in the UFC like him?

I liked him until he started calling Gaethje an imbred

I like his speed, he's fun to watch but I'm sad he hasn't done better. I feel he loses a lot of fights he shouldn't.

I dont like or dislike him, but he seemed like a douche going Into the Nate Diaz and Justin Gaethje fights and I enjoyed watching him get humbled.

Yep. Homie comes to bang.

akiPX6x.gif

Nope
Didn't care for his music

He always takes the toughest fights. Never ducks.
And has performed well in many of them. Has wins over Tony, Barboza and Poirier.

I liked him until he started calling Gaethje an imbred

I was upset at that too, but apparently Gaethje made an equally asinine comment first?

Anyway, MJ is a solid fighter, who takes the tough fights that other "fighters" are afraid of. Game as hell. He can beat any 5 - 10 fighter on any given night.

Last edited:
What MJ did to Porier was a great memory for me

he comes to scrap and i respect him but i find him annoying and he comes off as a hard ass

This. It was a stupid ass comment with racist implications.

Glad Gaethje won that fight.

That said, MJ is a solid fighter, who takes the tough fights that other "fighters" are afraid of. He can beat any 5 - 10 fighter on any given night.

Imagine if those comments went the other way...
images (1).jpg

I am not a big fan but I got mad respect for the dude so I guess I am a fan. He has fought all the tough guys at 155:

Khabib
Tony
Nate
Barboza
Poirier
Gaethje
Tibau
Dariush
Lauzon

He fought everybody in that division. I can't wait to see him bring all that experience to 145. Not only are the FWs smaller but most of them do not have that big fight experience that MJ has

I didn't have an issue with him but I thought he really let himself get punked by Porier at the weigh ins. That and his complaining recently about his place on the card. Meh. He is a good fighter though,and has had entertaining matches.

For sure...big fan of MJ. Hope he does well at 145 and the weight cut isn't too draining. He had some good wins at LW (Porier being the best, IMO), but was just too small for guys like Khabib.

I am not a big fan but I got mad respect for the dude so I guess I am a fan. He has fought all the tough guys at 155:

Khabib
Tony
Nate
Barboza
Poirier
Gaethje
Tibau
Dariush
Lauzon

He fought everybody in that division. I can't wait to see him bring all that experience to 145. Not only are the FWs smaller but most of them do not have that big fight experience that MJ has

That's a great way of looking at it. As long as the UFC doesn't screw him over like they've done at LW to Khabib/Tony, I can see MJ being championship material at FW.

A hypothetical scenario where Frankie beats Holloway. Then MJ beats Frankie. Then Zabit Our Dark Lord And Saviour beats MJ. Wouldn't that be something amazing.

Back