Do You Know How To Play Minesweeper

Yeah.

The bane of 12-year-old me's existence was that downhill ski game that came with Windows 95. I could never escape that yeti that chases and eats you.

Edit: SkiFree was the name of it.

Holy shit this just gave me incredible nostalgia. Forgot all about it.

I liked this game better

h8eZWiz.gif

Seriously?
It’s one of the oldest games around.

Played the hell out of it 20+ years ago.

Haven’t seen it on a pc in a long time.

I downloaded the Xbox for Windows version a while back from
The Microsoft store and was pissed it only has one level. Best it too easily.

Chip the “sales guy” had an epic minesweeper game going before that asshat IT guy started messing with his computer.

Click shit until you swear and set the computer on fire

Sure...

Click on a cell...

If bomb, you lose...

If number, the are exactly that many bombs in the eight cells surrounding that number...

If the cell is blank, cells will auto open adjoining blank cells until numbers pop up.

Sometimes there is no way to logic out of it and you have to guess

yup, that's how i remember it.

Yeah.

The bane of 12-year-old me's existence was that downhill ski game that came with Windows 95. I could never escape that yeti that chases and eats you.

Edit: SkiFree was the name of it.
I never knew this until a coworker told me a week ago if you pressed F you would go down the hill much faster and it worked to get you away from the Yeti. My mind was fucking blown man

Use to love minesweeper. I was pretty good at it too.

Minesweeper is awesome! I've spent so much time in that game making cool buildings out of blocks

I never knew this until a coworker told me a week ago if you pressed F you would go down the hill much faster and it worked to get you away from the Yeti. My mind was fucking blown man

<Dylan>

Shit, bro, really?! Because I just learned that this second from your post!

<TheWire1>

What I learned from this thread is we need 2 Hollywood blockbusters one for minesweeper and one for ski free.
I would watch The Rock in minesweeper the movie.

I was tremendous at mahjong.

I could finish a game in just over a minute

<Dylan>

Shit, bro, really?! Because I just learned that this second from your post!

<TheWire1>
https://ski.ihoc.net/

Yeah the guy who made the original released the source code and remade it as a download. I just tested it and works. NOW ON TO BEATING THOSE TWO YETIS. VICTORY IS MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone remember ballistic I think it was called?

It was always my go-to game as a kid as I was too dumb to understand solitaire.

I played solitaire a lot as a kid but I never understood minesweeper. A bunch of people explained it to me over the years and I never got it. The last time I tried to play it was when I was 16 I think. Maybe I would get it now.

The diff colored numbers occupying a square are logic puzzles of the game and some parts are pure chance.

Its been awhile but find the folder its installed in. Probably Windows/games or something like that.

Open the minesweeper file in a text editor.

You will be able to edit the number of mines you start with or just edit your wins record. You can have 9999 wins without ever finding a mine! Or you can beat hard mode just by finding one mine! Congrats

Back