Do you have an innate need to protect women and children?

Mods, give me a hand in making this a poll.

We already know that the US gives far more to charity than Europe, and the rape rates are shrinking here and growing in Europe, and the places where there is supposedly a ton of rape is college campuses, which are very left wing.

Isn't this due to different definitions and methods of reporting rather than an absolute increase?

Depends on the situation.

Walking in the city one night and walked past a male and a female. Male pushes the female into a brick wall with decent force. Enough for me to ask if she is OK. Her response was 'go fuck yourself' and the male walked over asking for a fight. Surprising as they were well dressed and older.

Makes you realize that it's not worth shit.

Yes.

It's not something I even think about. It's like a natural instinct. I figured most guys had that same..... thing. Seeing a man hit a woman just sets off a natural... thing.

I guess I'm like that with everyone though. I hate confrontation and will do whatever I can to end it quickly.

About 165lbs now. That puts me 1lb over what I last read was the average weight of the nation's women. <Moves>

I was answering from the perspective of all women and children compared to men. Not just my family. Additionally, I avoid taking any situation to violence. Partly because I'm most likely to lose and partly because I don't have visions of winning a fist fight. I have visions of maiming and death. Hopefully the other guy, but I'd enter a fight expecting to play for keeps. Bottom line, I've got too much to lose to get into physical confrontations.

Beyond that, I believe in equal rights for women. They can make their own choices and suffer their own consequences. Kids are a different story. But I don't get involved in other people's family matters. I would agree that children need special protections. For that we have CPS. In my own family I haven't seen legit child abuse so I don't know what it would take to push me to violent confrontation.

Let me drive this home a bit with a current family situation. My mother enables my drugged out, lying, thieving, piece of shit brother. He's ruining her life and has been for the past five years. She doesn't live anywhere near me and I'm rarely back there. I've had many visions of confronting him and they all end in his death. Instead of go down that road I offer her advice, encouragement, and silence when I know she doesn't want to hear it. Gone so far as to suggest she sells her home and builds something for herself on my land. Now I'm just praying the fucking system does its job and puts him away for a number of years.
Is that the brother in PA? Doesn't really matter anyway, cause that last paragraph already shows that your answer is yes and you want to protect your mother. We've met in person, so you already know I'm at least a decent sized guy and have at least some knowledge of how to fight, but man, that's hard. I started a thread about having white trash family, cause you know they make white trash decisions. You gotta stay on these people.

Mods, give me a hand in making this a poll.

We already know that the US gives far more to charity than Europe, and the rape rates are shrinking here and growing in Europe, and the places where there is supposedly a ton of rape is college campuses, which are very left wing.

Even though I know everyone is just going to lie anyway, I am still curious to see who's putting their money where their mouth is.

What counts as charity in the USA is very different than what counts as charity in Europe.

Is that the brother in PA? Doesn't really matter anyway, cause that last paragraph already shows that your answer is yes and you want to protect your mother. We've met in person, so you already know I'm at least a decent sized guy and have at least some knowledge of how to fight, but man, that's hard. I started a thread about having white trash family, cause you know they make white trash decisions. You gotta stay on these people.

While I came here from PA, he and her are in CO (where I grew up). Yeah, you're definitely more athletic and have fighting skills so in that case my confidence would be much higher. But given my mentality I don't think there's a happy in between for me when it comes to pacifism and murder. My dad was a notorious bar fighter. Shorter than me but with more mass. Wanting to fuck people up is in my genes.

Only white trash in my family is him. Everyone else makes money and stays out of trouble. He's been passing bad checks lately so I'm hoping (since I believe that would be a federal felony) that he finally does some time. My mom is having an old friend of hers move into the house and has told him he needs to be gone. Hopefully this provides her a little more resolve. Sister and I bought her a lawn mower recently and it took no time flat for it to disappear. If he died of an overdose (of heroin) I'd feel bad for her and somewhat guilty for my sense of relief.

What the definition that would even this out? It really isn't even close.

Well the recent spike of rapes in Sweden, for example was due to them including groping as rape, and counting each instance as separate crimes. That doesn't take place in any other European country or the USA.

I'm not sure if rape is going up or down in either place, and without really delving into the stats and being knowledgeable about different reporting metrics, it's a difficult claim to make with credibility.

So this is a Europe vs US topic? Who protect women and children better? And somehow also involves Charity.

Because I don't see how the US could possibly win that.
They have very high infant mortality. A worse healthcare system for low-income families. Very high childhood poverty. Much more female and children victims of crimes.
Much more women and children in prison. Lower life expectancy. Much more expensive for Children to get an education.
And the list goes on and on. It comes down to the political system the European Nanny state simply protects the weaker ones in society better, which are often women and children.

In regards to protecting I would say yes within reason. I don't really like to get my nose up in other people business.

I think there is an innate need, but it is amplified towards one's kin. One would be revolted to see a man kicking a woman in the stomach, and doubly so if he knew the woman was pregnant.

While I came here from PA, he and her are in CO (where I grew up). Yeah, you're definitely more athletic and have fighting skills so in that case my confidence would be much higher. But given my mentality I don't think there's a happy in between for me when it comes to pacifism and murder. My dad was a notorious bar fighter. Shorter than me but with more mass. Wanting to fuck people up is in my genes.

Only white trash in my family is him. Everyone else makes money and stays out of trouble. He's been passing bad checks lately so I'm hoping (since I believe that would be a federal felony) that he finally does some time. My mom is having an old friend of hers move into the house and has told him he needs to be gone. Hopefully this provides her a little more resolve. Sister and I bought her a lawn mower recently and it took no time flat for it to disappear. If he died of an overdose (of heroin) I'd feel bad for her and somewhat guilty for my sense of relief.
Was a nice house on the North Shore, so at least somebody is making good decisions and doing well.

Good on that guy to kick your bag of shit brother out. I'd bet dollars to donuts that your brother might actually clean up his act because of this, of course depending on his age.

Well the recent spike of rapes in Sweden, for example was due to them including groping as rape, and counting each instance as separate crimes. That doesn't take place in any other European country or the USA.

I'm not sure if rape is going up or down in either place, and without really delving into the stats and being knowledgeable about different reporting metrics, it's a difficult claim to make with credibility.

You're unsure if it's up or down? This isn't a mild move, it went from almost none to 2nd highest in the western world.

Was a nice house on the North Shore, so at least somebody is making good decisions and doing well.

Good on that guy to kick your bag of shit brother out. I'd bet dollars to donuts that your brother might actually clean up his act because of this, of course depending on his age.

That was my Aunt on my dad's side (from IA) footing the bill and they've done alright over the years. Not much education though.

It's a female friend, but she's gone through shit with her own son who is in prison for cocaine. Makes me think she'll have zero tolerance and at least someone will be around the house to keep an eye on things. The kid is 31 years old and has never left home. I think he's just a completely selfish lowlife and I've no reason to believe that leopard will change its spots. :(

That was my Aunt on my dad's side (from IA) footing the bill and they've done alright over the years. Not much education though.

It's a female friend, but she's gone through shit with her own son who is in prison for cocaine. Makes me think she'll have zero tolerance and at least someone will be around the house to keep an eye on things. The kid is 31 years old and has never left home. I think he's just a completely selfish lowlife and I've no reason to believe that leopard will change its spots. :(
It's kind of the point though, no? I mean I don't really know cause my sisters are both married with kids cause nobody really knew if I could beat them up or not. I feel like if it were me, I would have beaten the shit out of the brother a bunch of times.

What the definition that would even this out? It really isn't even close.

Probably one where the sitting US president doesn't owns one that gives bribes to prosecutors in exchange for them dropping their felony fraud case against a sham university.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/15/us/politics/pam-bondi-donald-trump-foundation.html

Or one where a charity is used to settle personal liabilities.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...f8e0dd91dc7_story.html?utm_term=.fe3801fcdd04

But again charities and churches in America seem to be a big scam.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/06/13/us/worst-charities/index.html

That's the reason they took women out of the front lines, not because they suck at war, but because the men couldn't handle seeing things happen to them and would take bigger risks to save them than they would for other men

Right, and after winning said wars they went to pillage, murder and enslave women.

Women werent at war because they were busy rearing children, they are also physically weaker.

Right, and after winning said wars they went to pillage, murder and enslave women.

Women werent at war because they were busy rearing children, they are also physically weaker.

I'm talking about modern war

People were using this explanation up to 2015 when women became allowed on the front lines again

i have a need to protect all those who are less capable of nastiness as i am.

for instance, i have some gay young male students that would never think to hurt a fly, and i'd absolutely place myself in harms way so that they wouldn't have to.

likewise, i have to older brothers, great men, capable of protecting themselves and their own, but still, anyone wants to mistreat or disrespect them in any way, faces me.

It's kind of the point though, no? I mean I don't really know cause my sisters are both married with kids cause nobody really knew if I could beat them up or not. I feel like if it were me, I would have beaten the shit out of the brother a bunch of times.

Beating his ass might make me feel better briefly, but it isn't going to help my mom out. He won't change and she'd just be that much more sympathetic towards him.

Yea I would and have put myself into situations for both before. Learned never get involved in a domestic dispute unless it looks like death is likely and even then. Have stepped in on kids getting beaten and jumped and that kinda thing as well.

Im a fucking moron and always think I can help and I am lucky it didnt get me killed or maimed at some point

It does depend on the situation though but I would say yes I am inclined to help if I see someone man woman or child in need of assistance and I think I can help

Back