Do you have allegiance to your country?

Unfortunately you're still arguing that "fuck this place" is not saying anything negative. You're not making much sense.
I didn't say it wasn't negative I said it wasn't something negative about my country. If someone I hate offers me a snickers and I say "fuck that snickers" it doesn't mean I have a problem with snickers.

That is because you are an American. Your allegiance is to a constitution. If you don't have the constitution you don't have America anymore. (that is not to mock your constitution I think its great)

While as a German the current form of our constitution or government is not what defines me as a German.
My allegiance lies with the German culture, land and people. If Germany were a communist state it would still have my allegiance.
I would go to war for Germany whenever called on. I did my military service like everyone else should do. It doesn't have to be a defensive war whatever I deem beneficial for Germany at the time would be enough. Because the most precious possession you can have in the world are your own people/country.
Coming around I see?

Yeah the constitution is great, but it was written to protect the people. If it isn't doing it's job, to hell with it.

Got some practical examples of what you mean by having allegiance versus not having allegiance?

If you're talking about that sort of flag waving patriotism/jingoism/idolising the military Americans seem to love, no. It's never been as much of a thing here.

Absolutely.

The USA gave me the opportunity to work hard, earn an education and find a path in life that I wanted to follow. It also gives me the freedom to change that and pursue almost any other path I wish.

I worked hard for what I have and I'm sure the USA isn't the only country where people have opportunities but it's where I had the chance so yes I'm loyal to the USA.

Also lived overseas for 7 years and visited at least 75 different countries including most westernized countries and I prefer the USA.

If you get that shook just talking about patriotism, I highly suggest you stay away from the manly pursuits of the militarism that may be needed to defended it. You will get PTSD just from the basic training. Chin up tinker bell.

I'm in the Army. Don't try to lecture me. And adding "sadly" in front of something is just an expression.

I have allegiance to the land, not the government. I would defend the country against invaders but never attack another on anyone's orders.

It took centuries and a lot of spilled blood to build what we have here. If everyone in the past operated on the mentality of fleeing before fighting, of moving to where the grass is a little greener when things started getting tough, then we could never boast of having it so well in the Western civilization. Eventually we would've ran out of places to escape to.

When the Muslims came, when the Mongols came, when the Soviets came, everybody would've just packed their bags and ran. To where, I might ask? Where is the Western man going to run to? Do you expect hospitality in Africa, or Asia, or the Middle East, for a man who turned his tail and ran? You'd be foolish to do so.

Better to go down in history as a man who stood his ground and fought, and lived for a higher ideal than his short-term welfare.

Last edited:
Fuck that. No allegiance to any group of goofs, a piece of dirt or a piece of cloth. The whole planet is mine and that's that. And if we were colonizing space I'd say the same shit. And if we were going into different dimensions then I'd say all dimensions are mine too. LMAO @ patriotism. Small minded, narrow vision mfers. "My flag" lmao

She single? Put in a good word for me. Tell her I am a patriotic, good looking guy with a steady job and a black belt in Sherdog.

I love this country. I would fight for this country. Liberals just piss me off because they don't give a fuck about freedom of speech, just whether or not trannys can take a dump next to a girl in the ladies room.
Lol..

I hate sjws as much as the next guy but people really need to stop putting them in the liberal category,they are fascist Marxist communists..there literally the exact opposite of liberal...they make the majority of sane,reasonable left leaning folk look bad and the dnc and democrats really really really need to distance themselves from there ass backwards ideology.

Lol..

I hate sjws as much as the next guy but people really need to stop putting them in the liberal category,they are fascist Marxist communists..there literally the exact opposite of liberal...they make the majority of sane,reasonable left leaning folk look bad and the dnc and democrats really really really need to distance themselves from there ass backwards ideology.
I agree pops, but the mainstream liberal media keeps putting the spotlight on these loons. The democrats obviously want their votes, so they won't call them out for being facsit marxist commy bastards.

Not me, it's just where I live and currently pay taxes.

I'm American because I was born here, live here and pay taxes but beyond that fuck this place! Currently I feel it's the best place for me and my family to be for various reasons but the second I feel otherwise I will be on the first thing smoking without a second thought.

Don't get me wrong when I say "fuck this place" I for the most part love the people I know here but as far as loving this "country"...nope it's just where I live. I look at it like my house. I like it because I live there and I'm paying for it but if an opportunity arose where my house turned to shit and it was no longer worth living there or I found a better one I would definitely move if made sense.

No way would I risk my life defending it either. If some shit went down and we were attacked I would fight to defend my family and friends against an immediate threat like if some tanks were rolling down my block but if I could escape the danger by moving somewhere else I most definitely would. I only got oneverything life and I'll be damned if I die in the name of patriotism.
You're very young and naive. Understand how human functionality works and you will understand how lucky you are to be on this side. When you realize this you'll grasp the mere fact about how insanely fortunate you are and that you should be a lot more supportive of the hand that feeds you.

You're very young and naive. Understand how human functionality works and you will understand how lucky you are to be on this side. When you realize this you'll grasp the mere fact about how insanely fortunate you are and that you should be a lot more supportive of the hand that feeds you.
I understand how fortunate I am to be born here, lots of other places such in comparison. That doesn't mean I'm going to die for it.

It's just been where I live and pay taxes.

Not me, it's just where I live and currently pay taxes.

I'm American because I was born here, live here and pay taxes but beyond that fuck this place! Currently I feel it's the best place for me and my family to be for various reasons but the second I feel otherwise I will be on the first thing smoking without a second thought.

Don't get me wrong when I say "fuck this place" I for the most part love the people I know here but as far as loving this "country"...nope it's just where I live. I look at it like my house. I like it because I live there and I'm paying for it but if an opportunity arose where my house turned to shit and it was no longer worth living there or I found a better one I would definitely move if made sense.

No way would I risk my life defending it either. If some shit went down and we were attacked I would fight to defend my family and friends against an immediate threat like if some tanks were rolling down my block but if I could escape the danger by moving somewhere else I most definitely would. I only got oneverything life and I'll be damned if I die in the name of patriotism.
I would sincerely rather move to canada, but I don't have the means to do so, or the time to preemptively secure a job and housing.

I would sincerely rather move to canada, but I don't have the means to do so, or the time to preemptively secure a job and housing.
if you don't have that, then Canada most likely doesn't even want you.

Fuck that. No allegiance to any group of goofs, a piece of dirt or a piece of cloth. The whole planet is mine and that's that. And if we were colonizing space I'd say the same shit. And if we were going into different dimensions then I'd say all dimensions are mine too. LMAO @ patriotism. Small minded, narrow vision mfers. "My flag" lmao

i mean, "mine" becomes a meaningless term if you think about how insignificant we are

Back