Do you hang out with both Proper and Ghetto people-

To be fair, i’ve misjudged when I was younger so I try to not make any assumptions. I’ve known people who come off as SUPER ghetto only to find out that their parents own three restaurants and they are ballin out of control.

Then you see the kid all polo’d out with the $150 shoes and his family loves in the apartment complex.

Point being, I hang out with legal marijuana folks, doctors, blue collar folks and white collar folks. I find that people are usually masquerading as something other than what they truly are anyway so why try to label them.

I just want to spend my time here with good people that make me think and question things.

No. I have a racial mix of friends but they are all middle class. I have accounts in the ghettos and the nonsense shit I see on the daily is enough. We are not far from MS-13 and they keep finding bodies on a bike trail my kids use down the block. I support Trump in those regards, these guys have no code, totally brutal....they hack up 13-15 year old kids that don’t want to join.

I grew up skateboarding, played in bands throughout college, and now I'm 36 in a very white collar, professional field. The people I know range so much that it's not even funny. Honestly, that's one of the reasons that I'm not on facebook.

Depends on your definition. Not every low income person is ghetto. To me, ghetto means you talk like a moron, have no goals, low intelligence, involve other people in your drama. I 100% will not hang out with people like that.

But just being poor is fine. Poor people imo are much more fun. Most of the people I've ever met with any amount of money were boring as fuck.

I tend to choose my friends pretty carefully not to be assholes but that isn't about economic background.

Probably the main thing I spose is what kinds of things do you enjoy doing/talking about? personally in that respect I find myself spilt, I enjoy a lot of stuff generally looked down on a lower culture(such as MMA/Kickboxing, good Blockbuster cinema, etc) but also a good deal of my challenging pursuits(art-house cinema, exotic travel, challenging music, working as an art photographer).

What I actually find myself least interested in is "respectable" middle class concerns, vapid lifestyle consumerism most obviously but if your talking this forums favoured subject in cinema I'll happly watch the a good Marvel film or some obtuse arthouse cinema but generally can't be bothered with "respectable" Oscar bait(not everything that's nominated of course but a certain kind of film, normally with Streep or Hanks in it these days), its just cinema without guts for me afraid to really go after anything full force.

Basically I never really grew up and hope it never happens.

Naw. I dont fuck with ghetto folks no more. I am grown now and dont want the drama.

Proper people keep the drama to they house. Ghetto people bring the drama to your house and be talking bout "What We Gonna Do?"

LOL'd because of how you type, you are Ghetto, bro.
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

This post is almost like the Chappelle Clayton Bigsby sketch.

Also Lol'd because your last sentence is spot on and why I stopped hanging around with certain old "friends"

I train with some 'ghetto' people, but most of my friends are proper. Those who have failed have chose to be that way, which is quite sad, because some of those that failed, are/were quite good people to hang around with.

Of course there are good people on both sides. For me it's not so much "hood people" but hillbilly that I hang out with. I hang out with upper class as well as redneck / hillbilly people. I don't really know anyone in the hood.

The only time I really "hang out" with "hood people" is the occasional poker game. I am not normally a fan of most of those people, but some are OK.

*Note, this has nothing to do with race or color.

Ghetto is a mentality. You can be poor and be a good person, being a ghetto piece of shit means you are a bad person.

Black midnight evil black magick darkness

from my experience, "proper" people are some of the fakest, two-faced, and judgemental individuals. they will not hesitate to turn on you and talk shit behind your back.

"ghetto" people, from what i know, are straight shooters. they will tell it to your face and they are the nicest, most genuine people i know.

there are inbetweeners but those are hard to come by.

Don't really know how to answer this. "Ghetto" is like the N word. It depends on how you use it. Im cool with people from all walks of the life. I was born in South Central LA, my life is completely opposite of how I grew up. Lol I would assume people from my old neighborhood wouldnt think I was ghetto and some people in the neighborhood I live in now would. Who cares? If you cool, I'm cool.

For sure, I agree totally with the OP. Plenty of folks I consider to be "ghetto" that I also consider to be close friends. Same with "higer status" people.

You just have to be careful hanging out with ghetto folks. Maybe you're friends have good intentions, but people around them probably won't.

Back