Do you guys remember The Bully Beatdown with Mayhem Miller? Heres the funniest moments from season 1

Crazy how he went from coaching TUF, being a ranked fighter, and hosting his own TV show to this...
jason-miller-mugshot-750.jpg

1030-jason-mayhem-miller-mug-1.jpg

0316-jason-miller-mug-2.jpg

Was this show on the up and up or staged

I think it's like most reality shows....partly staged, partly real, maybe some scripting.

Like they would do open casting on a show and put ads and shit out in industry specific publications....and the only fuckers reading casting call ads would be aspring actors and the average attention whores, who are probably aspring actors. So it could be the actual Bully who makes first contact and says, yea...I bully this little twat, come do a show about it. It might be real bullying...or a little bullying....or straight up bullshit.

But someone does indeed, get their shit pushed in at then end of the show by a UFC fighter, so it's still fun to watch.

Funniest part of that show was when Jeremy Horn decided to submit some guy with his shinbone across the guys neck. This is a submission that BJJ guys reserve for the biggest douchebags possible and Horn decided to crank it on some civilian, no chill whatsoever.

I also remember Eddie Alvarez absolutely annihilating the guy in the striking round, looked like he was genuinely trying to hurt the guy. Oh and thomas Denny, who didn't submit or stop the guy once...Show was fake as hell but good fun nonetheless.

The thing that will always be the most memorable and funny thing to me about mayhem is not his antics, but that my cousin(a girl) gave him a blow job after they met at a house party about 7-8 years ago
she had no idea who he was at the time (surprisingly he didn't brag about being a pro mma fighter)

This guys best story is when his cousin gave a blow job... lol

Funniest part of that show was when Jeremy Horn decided to submit some guy with his shinbone across the guys neck. This is a submission that BJJ guys reserve for the biggest douchebags possible and Horn decided to crank it on some civilian, no chill whatsoever.

I also remember Eddie Alvarez absolutely annihilating the guy in the striking round, looked like he was genuinely trying to hurt the guy. Oh and thomas Denny, who didn't submit or stop the guy once...Show was fake as hell but good fun nonetheless.
Iirc didn't Horn pick the dude up and helicopter him around a bit like a little kid.

The TapOut era, the cringe era of the sport.

random.. that vid came up in my YouTube feed earlier

Mayhem took one of the greatest shit kickings from GSP ever. Respect to him for not giving up.

My favorite TV show ever,Most epic thing was ofcourse bully beat the fighter lol
I always heard that shit, where is the video ?

The show was fake like all MTV shows

Oh that shit show with the idiot Mayhem Miller. Yeah he got in alot of trouble recently. Thats quite ironic, being the host on a "bullying" program, an obviously fake one with fake bullies and fake victims and an stupid audience. Fake shitty program...completely staged. No idea how anyone could like that show. But not suprised, a typical american shit show for stupid people, and therés alot of stupid people, so there´s that. I guess thats why they picked that host. "Tried to stop fake bullies, became a criminal himself" lol.

How can people be this closed-minded? I'm not stupid and I liked this show. Harmless entertainment and it's fun to watch people who talk a big game try to back it up. Was it all real? I'm not that thick to believe that, but people like what they like. It doesn't make them stupid or smart. It is what it is.

I liked that show. I remember one episdoe with this the short guido dude and Mayhem asked him what kind of juice he was on. He got all surprised and sounded guilty as hell when saying he was clean lol

He was never the same after Bisping beat the brakes off him.

My favorite Mayhem moment was during his fight with CB Dollaway. As they clinched up early in the first, Mayhem grabs him in a one armed headlock and proceeds to give CB noogies. I'm surprised we never see a gif of this circulating through sherdog. Absolutely ridiculous. Noogies is next to giving someone a wedgie in the octagon.

How can people be this closed-minded? I'm not stupid and I liked this show. Harmless entertainment and it's fun to watch people who talk a big game try to back it up. Was it all real? I'm not that thick to believe that, but people like what they like. It doesn't make them stupid or smart. It is what it is.

Not sure if you insiunate that I´m close minded or what, but the show NEVER made it clear that it was staged. It did all it could to make it look real. Its totally okay to like the show, but the whole "now the bully got beaten, now he learned his/her lesson", that was just silly. And these "victims" who needed others to stand up for them - they were only made to look like even bigger pussies. And the audience? Terrible, so cocky to listen to, as bad as the crowds at ufc events, all talk, but no game.

The fighters felt sooo good because obvioulsy they had a huge edge, but I didn´t see those fighters smile so much when getting beaten in the octagon. I.e miller, waterson etc. Then it wasn´t so fun.

The show to me, should had made it clear if it was staged or not - mayhem miller, in an interview later on i think said something about it all being staged - but it a completely sarcastic and joking way, like confessing without confessing. The show just seemed silly to me - mostly because the victims were hiding behind someone else, and the whole intro with how they´d get bullied, i mean - think about it - did they go talk to the bully? "hey please come on this show"? I mean if it was real, I seriously doubt most bullies would. Especially since they nearly never got any cash. You dont sign up to a program like that knowing you´ll fight a real legit mma fighter with alot of experience - knowing you´ll most likely lose in a humiliating fashion without getting paid for it.

I´d sure as hell love nothing more than to be on national TV getting owned in a fight for a lot money - its just like a buisness deal, nothing else- sure thing. Sort of like CM Punk, he got alot of cash for i dont know what, apparently he´s a big shot in wwe, aka fake fighting. In the Dana white show they were so impressed when Mickey Gall called him out - like as if CM punk was a serious legit fighter.

He made a great deal, lots of money, and lost just like he was "supposed" to. Anyway thats off topic.

If you enjoyed the show thats great - wasnt meant to be negative, as its all good if people enjoy it and everyone got the right to do that - there has been alot of discussion about it being staged or not though, the show should had made it clear- they advertisied it as being real though, and they did a bad job at making it seem real.

Fights were real
Most bullies were from talent casting
Most bullied were real
Interviews were mostly scripted.
No different than most reality shows

I have had 4 friends featured on reality TV - Top Chef / ANTM x 2 / Project Runway...all part reality / part scripted / selective editing

Back