Do you guys really think Khabib cares about being in the UFC?

This is his way of retiring from UFC. Catches some honour as opposed to just saying he is going to retire. But let's face it guys Conor wasn't really a test for Khabib and to be honest I'm not sure who is. That might meankhabib is that good or all others are just mediocre.

He could care less about them and the money. This man was raised from a different cloth. He could easily go to Bellator and make money. Plus he has Putin backing him, he has no worries.

He is trying to make a statement and he will. Dem Russians don't play. Proof last Sat.

I think he cares about being the best ever and that only happens in the UFC. Fedor already set that precedent.

Every time he wins a fight - he has some very rich Russian s pumping money into his bank acct

sad. I dont want to see Khabib go away during his prime. he still has a few years and he has not taken too much damage in his career.
Dude doesn't want to fight anymore, maybe he'll take one or two more for a ridiculous amount of money.

Why would Khabib go to Bellator to make money? If you're a successful fighter from this region, and neighbouring republics, you are essentially rich. Many businessmen will put their money in you and invest. Look at Taisumov, he is living a great life despite only fighting once every year.

Why would Khabib go to Bellator to make money? If you're a successful fighter from this region, and neighbouring republics, you are essentially rich. Many businessmen will put their money in you and invest. Look at Taisumov, he is living a great life despite only fighting once every year.
Why did fedor come to the states?

I'm no lawyer but as I understand it, Khabib can't go to Bellator because he's contracted to the UFC for whatever number of fights he has left on his contract, and he likely signed a new contract when he won the title which would then also include his PPV points as Champion...and he can't just retire and then come back from that retirement and go to Bellator because the UFC contract is effectively frozen upon his retirement and then unfrozen when he comes back. so if he retires with say 3 fights left on his contract and then comes out of retirement 2 years later, he owes the UFC 3 fights before he can fight for another organisation.

Khabib can only fight in the US and anywhere else that recognises the State Athletic Commisions under the UFC...He can fight in Russia or Japan, but he would face a pretty destructive court battle for breach of contract and he would never be licenced to fight in the US again.
<CanYouSeeMeNow>
I don't think he would care if he fought in the US again since he's not from the US anyway. He already proved to most that he's the best in the world anyway.

Why did fedor come to the states?
Because he was tempted by earning even more money? Not so many people are interested in sponsoring him at his age, especially since we all know that his best days are behind him... and he isn't from the Caucasian mountains.

Back