Do you guys really think Khabib cares about being in the UFC?

He's a boss.

Cage cannot hold eagle.

If he ends up wanting to leave because of this they just might cut him. He seems stubborn enough and has enough money to sue his way out of it. If he can sue his way out of a contract for something like violation of the 13th amendment for the champion claus, it could end up setting a precedent that would allow other fighters to go fight somewhere else more easily. The UFC probably doesn't want that, so, easier to just cut ties.

Lmao, what? That's not a violation of the 13th amendment what are you smoking? The guy signed a contract, you can't just hop to another organization because you feel like it. He can't sue out of anything, and the UFC certainly isn't going to release the guy that just beat their biggest star for the hell of it. LOL

He can retire, go fight in bum cards in Russia, or realize what he did was wrong and continue fighting in the UFC to redeem himself.

You mean what randy tried and absolutely failed at? Everyone who has attempted to sue over the UFC contract has lost.

I think this is a completely different circumstance. Also, wasn't GSP recently able to get his contract terminated?

Lmao, what? That's not a violation of the 13th amendment what are you smoking? The guy signed a contract, you can't just hop to another organization because you feel like it. He can't sue out of anything, and the UFC certainly isn't going to release the guy that just beat their biggest star for the hell of it. LOL

He can retire, go fight in bum cards in Russia, or realize what he did was wrong and continue fighting in the UFC to redeem himself.

Nice to know we have a lawyer on the board. What states are you licensed in?

No
the complete opposite

The complete opposite of what?

If you're talking about the GSP thing he was in free agency in 2017 because his lawyer was able to get his contract terminated. If you're talking about Randy, there are huge differences there as well.

The complete opposite of what?

If you're talking about the GSP thing he was in free agency in 2017 because his lawyer was able to get his contract terminated. If you're talking about Randy, there are huge differences there as well.

GSP was never a free agent
lol

I think this is a completely different circumstance. Also, wasn't GSP recently able to get his contract terminated?

Nice to know we have a lawyer on the board. What states are you licensed in?
You mean when his manager faked that he was a free agent but it never actually was taken to court? yea completely different............

You mean when his manager faked that he was a free agent but it never actually was taken to court? yea completely different............

His "manager" being one of the best sports labor attorneys in the world?

GSP was never a free agent
lol

Just because you type something on a message board doesn't make it true.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2016/12...legal-team-has-very-strong-evidence-that-he-s

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattco...c-adds-champ-drops-2-contenders/#127a14385922

lol
GSP & his team said they believed they could fight UFC in court & win (free agency)
About 6 weeks later (after looking into it) they signed to fight bisping

If it was as easy as that guy thinks, the UFC roster would be decimated & they wouldn't be doing the business they are.

So silly lol

His "manager" being one of the best sports labor attorneys in the world?
But he never went to court over it and it was nothing more than a marketing move for the MMAAA. His lawyer said he was, the ufc said he wasn't and the lawyer never took it to court.........wonder why.

He could care less about them and the money. This man was raised from a different cloth. He could easily go to Bellator and make money. Plus he has Putin backing him, he has no worries.

He is trying to make a statement and he will. Dem Russians don't play. Proof last Sat.
I think he does care. No one puts themeselves through what he put himself through to become champion if they don’t care. It may not be as important as other things, but he cares.

Nah I don’t think he cares he also plans on retiring soon.

lol
GSP & his team said they believed they could fight UFC in court & win (free agency)
About 6 weeks later (after looking into it) they signed to fight bisping

If it was as easy as that guy thinks, the UFC roster would be decimated & they wouldn't be doing the business they are.

So silly lol

I never said I thought it was easy? I said if anyone is stubborn enough to do it, it's Khabib, and if he were to make any head way doing this it could begin to decimate the roster. The precedent that's currently set is that if you try to get out of your contract you will lose a shit ton of money and not actually be able to fight Fedor. I doubt the UFC wants to have that changed by lawsuits and might let him go instead of staring down the barrel.

But he never went to court over it and it was nothing more than a marketing move for the MMAAA. His lawyer said he was, the ufc said he wasn't and the lawyer never took it to court.........wonder why.

My guess is they were able to leverage that heavily into contract negotiations, and were able to get something they were happy with. I have no idea, I'm not a lawyer, much like you all I can do is speculate.

I never said I thought it was easy?

You are not doing well ITT
You said GSP was a free agent
That is a complete lie

If GSP was a free agent, others could be as well & if it was that "easy" UFC would not look remotely the way it currently does & would certainly not be worth $6b+ with record profits.

You are way off on this

No. He wanted to show the world who is the best and he did it.

I respect the statement for UFC to keep his money and he will break his contract himself but most likely Putin gave him some cash

I personally believe every word Khabib says from here on out... mystic Khabib is a man of his word

Back