Do you guys eat at the dinner table often?

Brekafast it pretty much the only meal I'll often eat somewhere other than the dinner table(well a smaller one in the kitchen most often that has a TV near it).

My table is used for sitting stuff on and folding laundry

Or is that a thing of the past?

It's very rare for me to eat at the dinner table. I prefer to eat sitting on a couch or chair, watching tv. Doesn't matter if I'm with family or by myself, I'm just not big on the dinner table thing.
nope just like u i enjoy watching something while i eat. the only time i sit at a table is at a restaurant

2-3 times a day depending on whether I'm working at home or not.

Family meal time is a must!

Your kids won't forget the times they had with the family. Keep that going until you can't control em.

We only had Sunday dinner, but it's the best memories I have as a kid. The only bad part is that it made me hate eating Italian food. I still hate it.

Left to my own devices, no. But thankfully I'm not in charge of dinner, my wife is. So we eat as a family at the dining room table, no electronics (maybe some music playing), no hats, not elbows on the table, please, thank you, excuse me, etc.

Your kids won't forget the times they had with the family. Keep that going until you can't control em.

We only had Sunday dinner, but it's the best memories I have as a kid. The only bad part is that it made me hate eating Italian food. I still hate it.
How can you hate Italian food? Italians? Sure. But their food?

How can you hate Italian food? Italians? Sure. But their food?

I hate both, I forgot to hate on the people too, thank you brotha.

I ate whatever my little Italian grandma made me for 13 years straight. I see red sauce and get the chills.

My Italian side of the family was at a funeral last weekend and my wife said it looked more like a party than people mourning. The poor girl was so confused. She thought we were all going to sit there in silence for hours

She's not American, and my family is a bunch of savages. I feel bad she deals with us, but it's never dull, so that's good

Left to my own devices, no. But thankfully I'm not in charge of dinner, my wife is. So we eat as a family at the dining room table, no electronics (maybe some music playing), no hats, not elbows on the table, please, thank you, excuse me, etc.

And if someone spills something?

Fuckin rage out, am I right??

My dads Scottish and he didn't rage, but the look he shot me and the things he muttered would fuck me up for a few days. Nah, it fucked me up for life... like my whole life.

I either do it on my computer desk in my room or in the living room when watching TV (that's when sport comes up).

I used to when the table was by the windows. I really like sitting next to a big window with sunshine spilling through into the room.

Now I live in a basement apartment and the cat food sits on the table lol.

You sound terribly poor. Are you ?

I don't eat at the dinner table very often right now. I'm planning on changing that as my daughter grows. I want her to learn good table manners and the importance of a family dinner.

This. Currently it's like 50/50 dinner table / couch in front of TV.

But I want to have family dinners around the table with no TV later when I have kids. You know, like a real family that discusses things and not just sit together like low lives watching TV.

Yes, it is something I did with my family growing up, and my wife did with hers. Now with my own family, we both feel it's important to stop everything and relax for the 30 min or so.

I’ve got a wife and young kids. We eat every meal at the table with no screens on.

It's been a while since I did that. My parents made me eat ed said every meal at the dinner table and said it was bad manners not to. I've just ate dinner on my knee on the sofa since. Feels good man

Back