Do you go to wal mart?

Nope. The neighborhood I lived in for like 30 years doesn’t have big box bullshit like that. So I never went then. And now, I’d just rather avoid it because of the trash that shop there, their blatant disregard for environmental regulations, and their exploitation of Chinese labor. If they could knock just one of those of their list, I would consider it. Preferably the trashy clientele.

No. Walmart is for poor people.

It’s a great place to go if you’re needing a boost in self esteem.

Just got back from "neighborhood Walmart". So convenient in every way. Went in for beef stew gravy mix and came out with $22 worth of groceries and some beer. Its 2215 in houston, tx and it took a 1.5 minute drive to get there.

I would rather go to Walmart on Sat then go to Costco and have to deal with all the poor people there eating Meals on the free samples Costco gives out.

Rarely cause walmart is disgusting. Target is the GOAT.

Nope. My closest Walmart looks like the beginning of a disaster movie.

Too many people. Everyone's upset. Items are out of stock or thrown on the floor. You're not sure if the supplies are worth the danger.

I can’t do it.
Just curious as to why not, what your personal reasons are. I go occasionally, but I don't spend much. If the average customer were like me Walmart would go out of business.

I used to work there, fuck that place. I dont go unless i absolutely have to.

Yeah. The local grocer is overpriced on the basics. Probably buy 2/3 from Walmart and 1/3 from the local. It can be rough in there at times, I admit.

Walmart and Target always have a bunch of people shopping, but Kmart, which I don't think there are any here anymore, was often pretty empty as if less crowded than Walmart at midnight.

Of course.

I buy my toothpaste, toothbrushes, socks, fishing lures, basic tools, etc. at WalMart.

Would I buy a riding lawnmower or expensive appliance there? No.

Once in a blue moon when I'm in Bumfucksville USA and it's the only sign of life around. I don't even think we have one is Los Angeles.

Only if I need something late and it's all that's open. There are always cops at the one by my house

I used to work there, fuck that place. I dont go unless i absolutely have to.

I worked there as a kid. It was...interesting.

- On the first day of work, they straight out tell you that more employees steal from the store than shoplifters. I lost two supervisors during my time there.

- The store managers had zero sense of the local market. Sorry fella, but the folks in New England don't need "Southern Living" magazines in cashier isles. And take off your cowboy hat and leather boots. It's almost like HQ wants their managers to not fit in to their local market.

- Stop sending us shrubs that can't be grown north of the Mason-Dixon line. They fill be frozen by September. How does this make sense for a company that prides itself of cutting costs?

- Guy buys a lawnmower on Friday after work. Guy returns it Monday after work. It looks like he took a golf club to it. Yet, they accept it back.

- Guy brings in a BBQ grill that we don't even sell. Gets money for returning it.

- Lady shows up at my checkout line. Plops a beach chair on the counter. I ring it up. She says "No, the sign above the chairs said they are $1. The customer is always right. You will sell it to me for $1." My reply was "no". And I didn't want to be bothered with calling my supervisor. I assumed she was the person that changed the sign anyway. She went away.

- The local folks I worked with were GREAT. I hate it when people shit on Walmart employees. The vast majority are:
1. Moms seeking some extra income while kids are at school.
2. Guys who are working another job on the side.
3. People who understand why they are in a point of their life working at Walmart. Many were taking night classes to get a degree of some sort.

- With that said, the more career orientated employees sort of made me feel weird. They acted as if "If the company sees how loyal I am to the brand, they will take care of me." I never saw an instance of the company (or a supervisor) being loyal to the employee.

That's all I can think about from the top of my head.

square-logo-3_400x400.jpg

No. I can't stand it or the trash that shop there.

No! I only go to Target because it's superior and that makes me feel so much better about myself...

Some of you are hilarious. Sometimes certain stores don't have what you need so you go check others.

Back