Do you find it hard to enjoy a celebrity when you find out they are a scientologist?

If you've been following Leah Remini and Mike Binder's show on A&E (Scientology and the Aftermath) you'll see that these poor SOB's have almost no choice about staying in the Church. If they dare to speak out even a little bit, they will be shunned, and "disconnected" from everyone and everything they know and love. Including their own Children and Spouses if they too are in the Church.

It's freaky how L. Ron Hubbard was able to construct such a perfect mind control scam. He actually studied 7th century mind control cults from the Dark Ages to get many of his tactics. Sadly we are seeing many of these same tactics used in our Political Arenas these days. The similarities are striking, to say the least. Unfortunately for L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology, he never anticipated the Internet... ;)

It's definitley more stupid. There were things such as libraries,television etc when Scientology was created. They have no excuse not to know better.
those things still exist and people still believe in every dumb thing I posted.. no difference..

If you've been following Leah Remini and Mike Binder's show on A&E (Scientology and the Aftermath) you'll see that these poor SOB's have almost no choice about staying in the Church. If they dare to speak out even a little bit, they will be shunned, and "disconnected" from everyone and everything they know and love. Including their own Children and Spouses if they too are in the Church.

It's freaky how L. Ron Hubbard was able to construct such a perfect mind control scam. He actually studied 7th century mind control cults from the Dark Ages to get many of his tactics. Sadly we are seeing many of these same tactics used in our Political Arenas these days. The similarities are striking, to say the least. Unfortunately for L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology, he never anticipated the Internet... ;)

One problem with that thought process. Leah Remini and Mike Binder make that show for 1 purpose, to make money. As with the old newspaper headlines, "they're actually pretty nice" doesn't sell papers.

One problem with that thought process. Leah Remini and Mike Binder make that show for 1 purpose, to make money. As with the old newspaper headlines, "they're actually pretty nice" doesn't sell papers.

Everything the Church of Scientology does is to make money. What's your point? That nothing Leah and Mike are saying is true if they are making money from it? You honestly think they are lying just to be sensational and make money?

How do you explain all of the former high ranking Scientologists who have come out with the exact same stories? Do you contend that Scientology doesn't have a Doctrine of "Fair Game" or "Disconnection"? Those things are in L. Ron Hubbards writings that are widely available.

The unfortunate truth is, that in order for a wide audience to gain this information you NEED to get it on Television. They are using the tools available. I don't believe for a minute they are doing this for money. They are doing this to expose the ugly truths behind Scientology. Leah is already rich. She doesn't need the money or I'd imagine the harassment she gets from the Church. Different strokes for different folks, but I find all of the people on the show very credible.

3ACFD98E00000578-3987642-_Grow_the_f_ck_up_Alanna_Masterson_posted_epic_troll_shut_down_o-m-41_1480539594906.jpg

I can't wait till she gets killed off the show

I try to hate Tom cruz but damn he is good at what he does.

I already think very little of professional liars who are famous for pretending to be someone else. That kind of person being fooled and suckered out of their money is not surprising.

I consider it a tax dodge personally.

I atuomatically think less of a person when I find out they're religious.

No... but it's funny as fuck when south park makes fun of them. <Lmaoo>

Why is it no one cares most of Hollywood are fake leftist environmentalists, flying around in private jets and living in 20,000 sf homes?

Supposidely caring about social issues from their gated communities.

You think less of them?
Really i dont think of hollywood at all whatsoever. Someone just made a 70s show thread and i know a few guys who act on that show are scientologists which prompted to me to make this thread.

I find Scientology only slightly more ridiculous than other religions so meh it doesn't really bother me

As long as they're not Bill Cosby or O.J. Simpson I really don't care that much what celebs do outside of performing their job onscreen. I'm there to enjoy a movie or TV show on the basis if it entertains me or not. But even then there is a limit.

The famous ones are getting into it because they get treated like royalty and probably get to bang younger girls. Seriously.

Also, it's science-fictionology. That's what it is, and that's it's name. Use it.

Fuck L Ron Hubbard and Fuck all his clones.

Fantastic.

Did you hear the story about how when MJK found out a stadium they were performing at was owned by the church of Scientology, he said fuck it and bleated like a sheep the entire concert? Gotta love them.

Couldn't give less of a shit. Thats not why Im watching their movies. If people have a problem with petty shit like this when it comes to movie stars, it says more about them than it does about the celebrity.

Nah I don't care. Lots of people have goofy beliefs.

I don't like Will Smith simply because he is Will Smith.

No I couldnt give a flying fuck if they are into that weird shit but I do find it hard to appreciate the work of certain actors or artists I had previously enjoyed when I find out other dirt about them. Most notably James Hetfield and his canned hunting, Roger Waters for being pro fox hunting and when I recently heard Chris Pratt's comments on his love for hunting animals that he doesn't even eat "I just like to kill them" I thought what a bag of shit. Loved him in GOTG but watching the sequel left me with a bitter taste in my mouth.
This for me,was a fairly big Metallica fan,but after reading about Hetfield's hobby, I kinda said fuck them, them being shit did help though, I really couldn't tell you anything about them these days,I also haven't bought any Nike apparel since the whole Michael Vick responsoring controversy either

There was a massive thread here written by someone who escaped Scientology about 3 years ago. Basically confirms everything Leah says. I'll look for it in the morning.

Back