Do you ever watch your local TV news?

Do you watch your local news?

• Total voters
They've been caught fabricating news and I've worked as an audio tech at CBS for an on location report that wasn't even in the correct state. The news has been being faked since shortly after ratings started to relate to money earned.

LOL I saw the same thing when I was a kid. There was this news report where they were supposedly travelling across the country and doing these location shoots, but I recognized all of the locations as being right in and around my town. They'd like find a cactus and shoot in front of it and claim they were in Arizona, then they'd find a palm tree in a different part of town and claim they were in Florida. That was the first time I realized news was pretty fake.

LOL I saw the same thing when I was a kid. There was this news report where they were supposedly travelling across the country and doing these location shoots, but I recognized all of the locations as being right in and around my town. They'd like find a cactus and shoot in front of it and claim they were in Arizona, then they'd find a palm tree in a different part of town and claim they were in Florida. That was the first time I realized news was pretty fake.
This one was in the Cali desert and it was supposed to be on location in Iraq. They scouted out an old mission that had burned down and shot the one angle you couldn't see spanish styling.

I made the thread earlier about Shot in the Dark--the new Netflix series about freelance videographers who shoot news events and sell the footage to local news stations--and it made me wonder how many people still watch their local TV news.

I remember when I was a kid my grandparents would watch the news every night at 10 o'clock. The news would come on and then Perry Mason and MASH. I think maybe Matlock was in there somewhere too.

But these days it seems like the Internet has made local TV news . . . I don't want to say obsolete, but it at least seems unnecessary.

I'm not sure I've watched the local news even once as an adult, but apparently some people do. Does anyone here regularly make a point to do this?

Occasionally I do, but not often.

This one was in the Cali desert and it was supposed to be on location in Iraq. They scouted out an old mission that had burned down and shot the one angle you couldn't see spanish styling.
You worked on a report that did that?

You worked on a report that did that?
I held a boom mic and worked audio. We had to stop filming for an hour as drunk off roaders kept driving through the Iraqi war zone.

jackie.jpg

images

Araksya-Karapetyan.gif

You bet I do.

Back